Mt. Washington council passes property tax increase

Oct 25, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

The Mount Washington City Council voted Monday to raise real estate and personal property taxes for 2012.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of234
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Citizen

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2011

Judged:

I was hoping Griffin would run for mayor last time, hopefully he will run the next time, he sounds like he has not only the city's best interest in mind but also the people that lives here also
Jonesey

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2011

Judged:

Citizen wrote:
I was hoping Griffin would run for mayor last time, hopefully he will run the next time, he sounds like he has not only the city's best interest in mind but also the people that lives here also
Waahh Waahh just pay your bills! We gotta pay for that ridiculous stoplight on 44 somehow!!! Forget turn lanes - just deal with it!!
Concerned

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

Judged:

Only Griffin and Dooley voted no to increase the property tax.
Under normal conditions, voters would memory bank this infomation until the next election. Mt Washington does not operate under normal conditions, if they did Armstrong, Gentry would not get re-elected.
Their relatives and friends only care about keeping the losers in office. Looks and sounds better to say, my brother or my neighbor, or sister in laws brother etc, etc is on the Council.
Bible boys.
YO

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2011

Judged:

Ohhh my god!!! If you own a $150,000 home you will have to pay an additional $4.50 a year. Ohhhh my god how will you people ever afford it???? Get over it people it is 2011.
YO

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2011

Judged:

And to the best of my knowledge Griffin does not even own a home he is a RENTER so why should he even have a say? I believe you should own a home or at least some property within the city limits to run for city office!!!!!
Navajo

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2011

Judged:

YO wrote:
And to the best of my knowledge Griffin does not even own a home he is a RENTER so why should he even have a say? I believe you should own a home or at least some property within the city limits to run for city office!!!!!
Yo...with your logic you need to be on the Council. You could be another Calhoun puppet.
If the city needs to increase revenue, it seems to me they would explain first what cost cuts have been made before the had to resort to a tax increase. So Yo...tell me where she has cut expenses. Yo... they haven't.
Instead Calhoun and her puppets gave themselves a raise. This is in addition to the 180% increase she received on Jan 1st. This is in addition to the one million dollar surplus she has wasted since Jan 2011. This is in addition to the money spent on city hall.
Yo...you say the increase was only 4.50 on a 150,000 dollars, so, why are they screwing the tax payers for such a small amount? Seems like they have a hidden agenda. Yo...it's called miss management and greed.
Yo...what in the heavens does Mr Griffin's ownership have to do with any of this. Mr Griffin and Mr Dooley both stood up for the Tax payers. They need to be commended.

Yo+JBC=mrs greed!
WOW

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2011

Judged:

For the record I do not agree at all with 99% of what the Mayor says or does. But she does a lot without the council knowing. Example of that would be hiring and city hall renovations. So we can't blame any of the council for a lot of what she does. So I do agree 100% about what you say about the mayor Navajo.
Hiccup

Mount Washington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2011

Judged:

YO wrote:
I will go along with your premise, if you go along with this one.

NO ONE WHO HAS SINNED AGAINST THE 6TH COMMANDMENT should run or hold city office.

BAMMMM we just lost how many candidates who would have seeked re-election? Two come to mind without any trouble.

By the way, while you are on the topic of screwing, just received the 2011 property tax bill. Appears the bills were printed long before the Monday nights vote. More of the Calhoun, Armstrong, Gentry, Hockenberry and Troutman, hidden agenda. They can and will vote whatever they desire or is that covet. Pun intended.
Tom T

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2011

Hiccup wrote:
<quoted text>
NO ONE WHO HAS SINNED AGAINST THE 6TH COMMANDMENT
REPENT RePENT REPENT ALL YE WHO SIN WHITHIN HEREIN SCITY LIMITS. IT IS TEH LORD MY GOD THAT COMMONDS YOU!
Billy Bob

Mount Washington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2011

Judged:

Non-sense, we all carry our bible, follow the word and care about our brothers and sisters.

As I said the other night, the hazardous duty costs passed by the previous Council, forced the tax increase, along with increased labor costs.

Where dod that one million dollar surplus originate? There never was a one million dollar surplus. Renovation costs was in the budget and the salary increase was like the property tax increase, so small.

It's time to move on.

Jonesey

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2011

Billy Bob wrote:
Non-sense, we all carry our bible, follow the word and care about our brothers and sisters.
As I said the other night, the hazardous duty costs passed by the previous Council, forced the tax increase, along with increased labor costs.
Where dod that one million dollar surplus originate? There never was a one million dollar surplus. Renovation costs was in the budget and the salary increase was like the property tax increase, so small.
It's time to move on.
Damn skippy. Move on and pay your bills.
YoYo

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2011

Judged:

to the best of my knowledge Armstrong doesn't own a home, he doesn't even rent, he lives in his parents' house
Hiccup

Mount Washington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2011

Judged:

YoYo wrote:
to the best of my knowledge Armstrong doesn't own a home, he doesn't even rent, he lives in his parents' house
Sounds about right, free loading off others!

He says proudly, "I've been on the Council for 30+ years", which means he has been living off the others (tax payers), for 30+ years. Must be part of his philosphy. easy money.

Time he let someone else draw that easy money. Surly he has banked enough by now, or here come the word...greed. Just can't get away from it, the G word.

If the shoe fits, wear it.
Vule Jern

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2011

Judged:

Hiccup wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds about right, free loading off others!
He says proudly, "I've been on the Council for 30+ years", which means he has been living off the others (tax payers), for 30+ years. Must be part of his philosphy. easy money.
Time he let someone else draw that easy money. Surly he has banked enough by now, or here come the word...greed. Just can't get away from it, the G word.
If the shoe fits, wear it.
The G-WORD is GOD - and you should follow HIS word and follow your city leaders who are simply doing the JOB you CAN'T to give you a better life. Shame on you.
Ho-tep

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

Let us have our property reevaluated. Anyone willing to go to the effort to have their home appraised, should be able to pay less in property taxes.
Charles

Mount Washington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

Ho-tep wrote:
Let us have our property reevaluated. Anyone willing to go to the effort to have their home appraised, should be able to pay less in property taxes.
Not true, your making a general un-found statement. Replacement costs has allow property valuation to stay even in this area. Go check at the EV office.
Hiccup

Mount Washington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

Judged:

Vule Jern wrote:
<quoted text>The G-WORD is GOD - and you should follow HIS word and follow your city leaders who are simply doing the JOB you CAN'T to give you a better life. Shame on you.
Moron, another family member heard from. Suggest you get an attorney and take legal action against the school system that issued you a dilopma.
After you win, buy yourself a new bible, without the missing pages. Go up main street and just walk up and down so everyone understands what a G(ood) Moron looks like.

Hiccup! hiccup! hiccup!
YoYo

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

Judged:

Billy Bob wrote:
It's time to move on.
how could the hazardous duty have anything to do with this? it was already added and budgeted, not sure renovation was included in the budget, sounds like they needed tax increase to pay for the renovation, the mayor is still upset that the previous council expect for Armstrong were looking out for our police dept. instead of her
Hiccup

Mount Washington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

Judged:

YoYo wrote:
<quoted text>how could the hazardous duty have anything to do with this? it was already added and budgeted, not sure renovation was included in the budget, sounds like they needed tax increase to pay for the renovation, the mayor is still upset that the previous council expect for Armstrong were looking out for our police dept. instead of her
The mayor's world is beginning to fall apart.
She gives family, friends and voters two tax increases, can't explain how the million dollar surplus disappeared, received that big fat Jan 1st raise and than added a bonus wage increase thanks to the council members, hiccup a little too much, renovated her office to equal that of the a "big city mayor". That's just in the first year of a four year term and only a hand full understand her hidden agenda.

Grab your booth straps, hiccup, hiccup, hiccup, hiccup.

Hiccup

Mount Washington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

Judged:

YoYo wrote:
<quoted text>how could the hazardous duty have anything to do with this? it was already added and budgeted, not sure renovation was included in the budget, sounds like they needed tax increase to pay for the renovation, the mayor is still upset that the previous council expect for Armstrong were looking out for our police dept. instead of her
Another lie, hazardous duty had nothing to do with raising the property tax. Will the truth ever come out of her mouth. Hiccup!

Citizens need to see a list stating what, where and when action will take place to reduct spending and waste.

Let's start with a ordinance that stipulates, all future increases for the mayor, council members and city employees must be voted on separately.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of234
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Highview Discussions

Search the Highview Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
girl at kids doctors office 55 min Blah 3
Wes Roberts???? 57 min Need2know 3
Police arrest man accused of burglary at Packag... 1 hr Sandy06 5
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Anne52 81,182
the round table (Aug '11) 1 hr Willie 9,910
Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 2 hr sad 917
Who is the best person for sheriff ? 2 hr just saying 12
•••

Freeze Warning for Jefferson County was issued at April 15 at 9:25PM EDT