spartan

Louisville, KY

#85 Feb 22, 2013
MNDO1988 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry but this is completely out-of-hand. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and are passing around unnecessary misinformation by doing so. Why, you ask?:
1. The best drug test IS a drug test. Preferably one performed by a professional at a lab or a physician's office.
2. Unless your child comes home reeking of meth (or any other actual drugs, excluding marijuana), then the possibility of you being aware their drug abuse can only be measured by the amount of time you are able to actually observe/be around your child, which, in itself, is dependent upon a multitude of variables (work/school/extracurricular activities/age of child and whether or not they live at home, etc.) When teens hit adolescence, things of course can go awry in reference to their emotions and behavior. You can't just blanket-label their actions as "being on drugs". If you DO discover your child is on drugs, it is up to you to decide whether or not you "need help", and don't let this jackass tell you otherwise.
3. Save him? From marijuana? Which has killed...hmmmm....no one? How about give your child good advice. Stay away from hard liquor, opiates, tobacco, barbiturates, and basically anything synthetic. Those are quite easily capable of ACTUALLY killing people.
4. Why in the hell would you take your child to the police station other than to frighten your child? That is NOT the answer if you are seriously trying to help your child. That is parallel with preachers raining down fire and brimstone on their congregation. A reasonable person would obviously talk to their child about their behavior, and, if necessary, take their child to get tested or test them using a home drug kit.(Speaking of, probably the best home drug test kit to get would be to get one that can detect more minute traces of chemicals/toxins [~15ng/ml preferred in reference to THC levels]).
5. PUNCTUATION. Even if you had somehow managed a way to muster up some sort of a coherent reply, you STILL would come off as ignorant.
In my opinion,asking a man or woman or child or beast either one to pee in a cup for any reason,,,is invasive,insulting,intrusive,u n-necessary and uncalled for.Because point blank,,,if you have to look for a problem with a microscope,,,,then it isn't a problem.In short,I really don't understand how an intelligent people can allow for such ignorant stuff to take place around them.
pot and kettle

Shepherdsville, KY

#86 Feb 22, 2013
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>In my opinion,asking a man or woman or child or beast either one to pee in a cup for any reason,,,is invasive,insulting,intrusive,u n-necessary and uncalled for.Because point blank,,,if you have to look for a problem with a microscope,,,,then it isn't a problem.In short,I really don't understand how an intelligent people can allow for such ignorant stuff to take place around them.
Huh!!!

“GAME OVER”

Since: Jan 13

Bellevue, WA

#87 Feb 22, 2013
pot and kettle wrote:
<quoted text>Huh!!!
It makes sense to me
keepyouguessin2

Norman, OK

#88 Feb 24, 2013
No way around it DRUGS are DRUGS no matter what.....
mark

United States

#89 Feb 28, 2013
jughead wrote:
any dope is dope pot or meth its all the same i would just as soon to smack a pot head as a meth head let me knock some sense into these people wake up you are not going to have a thing if you dont get your act together
Well let's see,,,,,, caffine is less of a drug than meth,cocaine,heroin,,but marijuana is at the very bottom even below caffeine on addictive drug classification chart...so long story short don't be a moron and act out from your impulses,instead do research so you don't make yourself look like a fuckin idiot who is incapable of being an intellectual individual in which this world lacks significantly
Steal your face

Fayetteville, NC

#90 Mar 1, 2013
All of you people are not helping this person they want to know if these tests are accurate and yes they are extremely accurate seeing as how I am only 1 of 4 people who have the right mind to answer the question at hand I feel as if I don't need punctuation this is a stupid forum by the way I can't believe how ignorant self absorbed and opinionated people can be im done here
kyle

United States

#91 Mar 12, 2013
lesson learned wrote:
<quoted text> That may be true,but they are still drugs,illegal drugs,and the further you can keep your children,family and friends away from them the better off their life will be,DRUGS IS A SURE WAY TO MESS UP YOUR LIFE!!!!!!! Stay in close touch with your kids,because when they get on drugs,they will say,and or do just about anything to get them!!!!!!! that was a hard learned lesson on my part!!!!! JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS
......so does tylenol,but I font hear any of u crying about that those who think marijuana is harmful were raised with that poor idea
patty

San Francisco, CA

#92 Mar 15, 2013
So,Im reading all of the comments and I can't believe how everyone went off track of what information was needed. The accuracy of home drug tests....I went on here to find an answer and got a bunch of stupid shit! It's for pre employment
Julie

Woburn, MA

#93 Mar 15, 2013
Wtf I tested negative on 2 home tests but my friend who smokes more than me and did last night, just showed negative too!
Applyer

Portland, OR

#94 Mar 20, 2013
learning a lesson wrote:
<quoted text> Don't let your child get to far into drugs,if indeed it is a child you are talking about,once involved it's hard to stop them,
Wow. Way to jump to conclusions. Calm down. The individual asked a question about drug test accuracy and you assume it's about a child. Get a hold of yourselves!
laughing

Lincoln Park, MI

#95 Mar 25, 2013
some of you people are ridiculous. pot has been legalized in MANY states now, its effects dont even compare to ANY of the other drugs out there (including alcohol, and medications prescribed by today's doctors). any ADULT should be able to handle it and its effects responsibly.. even more so than the beer most of you on your soap boxes drink regularly. how many of you people who have posted your opinions are on, or have been on, prescribed meds (vicoden, xanax, for example..), or drink alcohol, even on occasion? lol @ you people.

i found this topic because i am a medicated marijuana user, i do it legally, but still have to STOP MY MEDICATION to get into a new job due to bias opinions. how is that for fair? thanks to those who actually answered the question, rather than adding in a bunch of prejudice opinions.

brainwashed americans make me sick.

“No whining!”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#96 Mar 26, 2013
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>In my opinion,asking a man or woman or child or beast either one to pee in a cup for any reason,,,is invasive,insulting,intrusive,u n-necessary and uncalled for.Because point blank,,,if you have to look for a problem with a microscope,,,,then it isn't a problem.In short,I really don't understand how an intelligent people can allow for such ignorant stuff to take place around them.
Well, spartan, given your clearly recognizable little problem with alcohol, it is no surprise that you don't agree with this sort of testing. I think it lessens company's liability to weed out drug users *before* the accidetns start happening at work...
spartan

Shepherdsville, KY

#97 Mar 26, 2013
HollyIsHellOnHeels wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, spartan, given your clearly recognizable little problem with alcohol, it is no surprise that you don't agree with this sort of testing. I think it lessens company's liability to weed out drug users *before* the accidetns start happening at work...
Honestly girl,I preferred the days when you had to go to work and prove yourself,,,over having to prove yourself first in order to go to work.Making someone pee in a cup,sticking a foreign object,(swab} in their mouth,or pulling a hair from their head,,,is more insane than the companies who refused to hire people who wouldn't produce their facebook passwords,,,(in my opinion anyway},,,and it isn't fair.As for my alcohol problem,,,I haven't drink anything since me and my wife split up,(roughly a month}.In short,,,I'm getting a grip on it.Either way,,,I hope you have a good one girl.Get back when I can.
spartan

Shepherdsville, KY

#98 Mar 26, 2013
laughing wrote:
some of you people are ridiculous. pot has been legalized in MANY states now, its effects dont even compare to ANY of the other drugs out there (including alcohol, and medications prescribed by today's doctors). any ADULT should be able to handle it and its effects responsibly.. even more so than the beer most of you on your soap boxes drink regularly. how many of you people who have posted your opinions are on, or have been on, prescribed meds (vicoden, xanax, for example..), or drink alcohol, even on occasion? lol @ you people.
i found this topic because i am a medicated marijuana user, i do it legally, but still have to STOP MY MEDICATION to get into a new job due to bias opinions. how is that for fair? thanks to those who actually answered the question, rather than adding in a bunch of prejudice opinions.
brainwashed americans make me sick.
Brainwashed Americans make me sick as well.However,the majority of the population seems to have trouble forming or grasping an "original" idea,,,unless it's accepted by the people around them.If you find anyone who isn't like that though,,,I'd love to meet 'em.
Jazz Guy

Louisville, KY

#99 Mar 26, 2013
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>Honestly girl,I preferred the days when you had to go to work and prove yourself,,,over having to prove yourself first in order to go to work.Making someone pee in a cup,sticking a foreign object,(swab} in their mouth,or pulling a hair from their head,,,is more insane than the companies who refused to hire people who wouldn't produce their facebook passwords,,,(in my opinion anyway},,,and it isn't fair.As for my alcohol problem,,,I haven't drink anything since me and my wife split up,(roughly a month}.In short,,,I'm getting a grip on it.Either way,,,I hope you have a good one girl.Get back when I can.
I personally am glad they pre-test before hiring now,had a guy all jacked up on pill years ago run into a warehouse 4 shelf tall storage bins, woke up two days later,and have a disability for life. so I say pee away,
spartan

Shepherdsville, KY

#100 Apr 2, 2013
Jazz Guy wrote:
<quoted text>I personally am glad they pre-test before hiring now,had a guy all jacked up on pill years ago run into a warehouse 4 shelf tall storage bins, woke up two days later,and have a disability for life. so I say pee away,
Fellow employees usually prevent people like him from becoming a problem.Accidents happen to even the most straight laced employees on the planet.Urine tests,in very direct effect,demands your twenty-four hour a day devotion,seven days a week,,,three-hundred and sixty-five days a year.It's just a bit too demanding and unfair I think.Especially for companies who offer eight-dollars an hour for twenty to thirty hours a week of cutting grass or shoveling dirt.And believe me,,,I'm not trying to downgrade you at all when I say this,but people like you who choose to play life on the safe side and allow every precaution to be placed around others freedoms,,,it directly causes the crunch to get a little bit tighter on "all" of us.In short,,,I disagree with you.However,,,it seems that the remainder of the planet,,,,don't..
Jazz Guy

Louisville, KY

#101 Apr 2, 2013
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>Fellow employees usually prevent people like him from becoming a problem.Accidents happen to even the most straight laced employees on the planet.Urine tests,in very direct effect,demands your twenty-four hour a day devotion,seven days a week,,,three-hundred and sixty-five days a year.It's just a bit too demanding and unfair I think.Especially for companies who offer eight-dollars an hour for twenty to thirty hours a week of cutting grass or shoveling dirt.And believe me,,,I'm not trying to downgrade you at all when I say this,but people like you who choose to play life on the safe side and allow every precaution to be placed around others freedoms,,,it directly causes the crunch to get a little bit tighter on "all" of us.In short,,,I disagree with you.However,,,it seems that the remainder of the planet,,,,don't..
Sorry about you disagreeing, but that is what makes the world go around,and if it keeps others safe is that a bad thing?and we all should be glad there is a safe side.
spartan

Shepherdsville, KY

#102 Apr 3, 2013
Jazz Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry about you disagreeing, but that is what makes the world go around,and if it keeps others safe is that a bad thing?and we all should be glad there is a safe side.
That "safer than sorry" argument don't really excite me all that much.Especially since insane stipulations don't really up the safety level on the planet any.Just makes the worlds most common and simple people "feel" safer.Lunacy in it's purest form.No different than passing a law requiring fat people who live in upstairs apartments to harness in when they go to bed so they don't fall out of bed and through the floor on top of unsuspecting patrons on the lower levels.Yeah,thinking about it,,,that's a great idea.Might even make me sleep a little more comfortable at night.See my point??? Given the proper platform and an ounce of interest,,,I could have several lawmakers and several more downstairs dwellers seriously considering such a thing.So,,,I'm curious.Do you really believe that's how the world's supposed to work???

“No whining!”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#103 Apr 3, 2013
Companies demand the drug testing as liability protection. Some insurance companies even require it. Aside from that, comparing a fat lady who may fall out of bed to a meth head driving a backhoe is just nuts. The property owners have a responsibility to ensure that the property is properly braced, thereby holding that liability. Companies have no means to safeguard a backhoe unless they keep the meth head off. It's simple, but one thing I have learned through the years is that you will never convince a drunk or a drug addict that mainstream society is right for protecting themselves against their addictions.
Jazz Guy

Louisville, KY

#104 Apr 3, 2013
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>That "safer than sorry" argument don't really excite me all that much.Especially since insane stipulations don't really up the safety level on the planet any.Just makes the worlds most common and simple people "feel" safer.Lunacy in it's purest form.No different than passing a law requiring fat people who live in upstairs apartments to harness in when they go to bed so they don't fall out of bed and through the floor on top of unsuspecting patrons on the lower levels.Yeah,thinking about it,,,that's a great idea.Might even make me sleep a little more comfortable at night.See my point??? Given the proper platform and an ounce of interest,,,I could have several lawmakers and several more downstairs dwellers seriously considering such a thing.So,,,I'm curious.Do you really believe that's how the world's supposed to work???
that was a lousy example, testing a bus driver for drugs before they are hired or after there is a wreck ????? I have no kids, but have other loved ones i want to see stay safe.so i still say Pee away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
megan hodge 9 min Just sayinh 3
French fried potaters 12 min carl 15
joeschmo 17 min fredrick 32
I am thinking about putting an apple store in t... 25 min Steve Jobs 1
UK rebels 55 min Chris 12
Louisville Basketball team! 1 hr lmao 15
who is women 30 Found dead in creek?? 1 hr just saying 36
Highview Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web