“life is what you make of it.”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#5084 Mar 19, 2013
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning princess.How you doing this morning?Life's a little cold in my direction at the moment,,,but I believe that's just a precursor to a warm and beautiful summer up around the corner.And yeah,I have far too much of a fascination with the forum to ever give it up altogether,,,so I'll likely be close whether I'm posting or not.Wrote a big post to imitator a couple weeks ago.Looked at it a moment and deleted it because it seemed rather pointless.Either way,,,have a good one kiddo.Be back eventually.
I'm going good. Ready for the warmer weather that's for sure! I'm done with the coldness for the time being. Celebrating my birthday yesterday made me realize how many true friends people really have and just how true people really are to you in the end. Spending it alone sucked for the most part but in the end I guess being alone you can't expect to be let down. But I hope you have a great day spartan! It's my day off an I plan to have a good one. Got the youngn home from school today and were gonna have mommy Lexi time today.:) talk to you soon hun
Jazz Guy

Louisville, KY

#5085 Mar 19, 2013
_princess1_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going good. Ready for the warmer weather that's for sure! I'm done with the coldness for the time being. Celebrating my birthday yesterday made me realize how many true friends people really have and just how true people really are to you in the end. Spending it alone sucked for the most part but in the end I guess being alone you can't expect to be let down. But I hope you have a great day spartan! It's my day off an I plan to have a good one. Got the youngn home from school today and were gonna have mommy Lexi time today.:) talk to you soon hun
Hope you had a Happy birthday, here is to your late Birthday.....Happy late B- day,and many more.

Location hidden

#5086 Mar 19, 2013
Jazz Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Hope you had a Happy birthday, here is to your late Birthday.....Happy late B- day,and many more.
Aww thank you :)
irene

Louisville, KY

#5087 Mar 19, 2013
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Irene.That fella wasn't me.I will at times use four commas,,,but not for trivial nonsense such as that.All that aside,,,I hope things are going alright for you and your family.Doing pretty good myself.Actually,it's good to see that you've become a fixture here.It sux to only jump in occasionally and not be familiar with anyone.Either way,,,you have a good day kiddo,,,and take good care of your family.
hello spartan my little girl is doing great out of icu now and on the regular floor she is still isolated though so i do all her care just like nurse lol well i will talk to you soon
Question

Brooks, KY

#5088 Mar 20, 2013
If you were ill, would you go to a Walmart health clinic for treatment? How would you like to be a Doctor or a Nurse at a Walmart? Scarecrow, you seem to be an expert on Walmarts so I would be especially interested in your opinion. Thank you for your participation!
Scarecrow

Louisville, KY

#5089 Mar 20, 2013
I try to stay in shape and take care of my health. I go to Walmart Pharmacy for prescription meds.

I have been treated for wounds along the side of the road. If I was hurting, I would be thankful to anyone that helped me. Walmart would not be my first choice for health care. I am thankful that my wife has good insurance or I would be going to the VA..........
spartan

Louisville, KY

#5090 Mar 20, 2013
_princess1_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry about your birthday kiddo.Nothing seems to remind you of just how miserable and lonely that life can really be quite like a birthday does,,that's for sure.Spend the entire day on my last one taking a beating on the forum here,fighting pressure from the Mrs.,,,and scared that if I were to have attempted to celebrate,,,my shell would have likely cracked to the point that I'd still be feeling it.But for whatever it's worth to ya though,,,"Happy Birthday".Though I don't believe it gets much better than the "mommy Lexi" time that you were referring to.Watched a couple shows with spartan junior earlier,,,for the first time in a while.Outweighed every sucky birthday I've ever had.Another variant of life's checks and balances,I suppose.Either way,,,it's good to hear that you and Lexi are safe and comfortable,,,even if you aren't exactly cozy and content.Good night to both of you,,,kiddos.
spartan

Louisville, KY

#5091 Mar 20, 2013
irene wrote:
<quoted text>hello spartan my little girl is doing great out of icu now and on the regular floor she is still isolated though so i do all her care just like nurse lol well i will talk to you soon
Hello irene.Been a couple days,and will probably be a couple more,,,but give me a progress report and let me know how your daughter's condition unfolds if you will.God bless you girl,,,and thanks for your correspondence.
irene

Louisville, KY

#5092 Mar 20, 2013
hi spartan today is week 3 here she has her days as for me i spent my 40th birthday in icu with her.the doctors and nurses tried to cheer me up with a birthday cake and stuff didn't eat any though.yesterday the heart doctor told me they think the rsv and pneumonia has affected her heart they are thinking of another heart cath.life sucks i guess my ex was right all those years ago i cant do nothing right.so how are you doing.bucky says hi.him and the kids was here yesterday.the kids is excited about easter.my 16 year old is getting ready for the military ball.tried to get her to wait for the other prom but my brother already bought her a dress and stuff.but i will keep you posted
irene

Louisville, KY

#5093 Mar 20, 2013
_princess1_ wrote:
Hello round table. It has been a while since I've talked to most of you guys, how's everyone been?
happy birthday
spartan

Louisville, KY

#5094 Mar 21, 2013
irene wrote:
hi spartan today is week 3 here she has her days as for me i spent my 40th birthday in icu with her.the doctors and nurses tried to cheer me up with a birthday cake and stuff didn't eat any though.yesterday the heart doctor told me they think the rsv and pneumonia has affected her heart they are thinking of another heart cath.life sucks i guess my ex was right all those years ago i cant do nothing right.so how are you doing.bucky says hi.him and the kids was here yesterday.the kids is excited about easter.my 16 year old is getting ready for the military ball.tried to get her to wait for the other prom but my brother already bought her a dress and stuff.but i will keep you posted
No need in waiting for the other one if she's up to going.You'll just have to keep her looking pretty at both of 'em,(those pictures count more than you know).Glad to hear things are looking up for you though.Best of luck with all of you girl.And tell Bucky I said "hello".
dejavu

Shepherdsville, KY

#5095 Mar 22, 2013
Hilltopper wrote:
<quoted text>After rereading the whole episode I think you were 100 percent right most of the time but your only weakness was not trusting some people and trusting other people too much. But it was an excellant study of human nature born from a desire to achieve a purpose that not everyone knew how to accomplish.
all over again

Location hidden

#5096 Mar 22, 2013
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry about your birthday kiddo.Nothing seems to remind you of just how miserable and lonely that life can really be quite like a birthday does,,that's for sure.Spend the entire day on my last one taking a beating on the forum here,fighting pressure from the Mrs.,,,and scared that if I were to have attempted to celebrate,,,my shell would have likely cracked to the point that I'd still be feeling it.But for whatever it's worth to ya though,,,"Happy Birthday".Though I don't believe it gets much better than the "mommy Lexi" time that you were referring to.Watched a couple shows with spartan junior earlier,,,for the first time in a while.Outweighed every sucky birthday I've ever had.Another variant of life's checks and balances,I suppose.Either way,,,it's good to hear that you and Lexi are safe and comfortable,,,even if you aren't exactly cozy and content.Good night to both of you,,,kiddos.
Hi darlin. Sorry I haven't responded back until now. Work has been crazy since I got back this week and my girls are driving me nuts! But all that aside, I hope your day went well? I hope to hear from you soon!
aint it funny

Shepherdsville, KY

#5097 Mar 22, 2013
fox wrote:
<quoted text> I respect as well as appreciate the sensitivity of your point.However,your attitude was out of line.While I concede that some things said on here should never be,,,this is the round table,not a family discussion.And if you intend to wear your feelings around your neck as a crucifix,it is only your own fault if they are hanging around on topix for lol to use as a pinata.Threatening the power you have to recieve the response your looking for,well...think about that one for yourself.
Aint it funny how our opinion changes from time to time.
spartan

Shepherdsville, KY

#5098 Mar 22, 2013
_princess1_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi darlin. Sorry I haven't responded back until now. Work has been crazy since I got back this week and my girls are driving me nuts! But all that aside, I hope your day went well? I hope to hear from you soon!
Hey kiddo.How you doin'??? I'm doing alright I suppose.Getting ready for work at the moment and not really feeling it,,,but I think I'm gonna make it.Either way,it's good to hear from you.Hope your night is pleasant.
spartan

Shepherdsville, KY

#5099 Mar 22, 2013
aint it funny wrote:
<quoted text>Aint it funny how our opinion changes from time to time.
Not really funny,,,but rather expected.Opinions change with people as they learn new information on an issue,and sometimes we grow new ideas as we grow older.However,if you would specify exactly what you're referring to,,,perhaps I could explain.

Location hidden

#5100 Mar 22, 2013
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>Hey kiddo.How you doin'??? I'm doing alright I suppose.Getting ready for work at the moment and not really feeling it,,,but I think I'm gonna make it.Either way,it's good to hear from you.Hope your night is pleasant.
I'm doin. Got things goin on in my mind that bother me. Seems I know what I need to do to change them but at the same time knowing that if I do change them it doesn't only effect me in the end. None the less though, I think it's time for a change in my life. Just hoping that afterward there's no big repercussions that will unravel whatever the future holds for me. Have a good night at work spartan. As your work day ends, mine will be just beginning.:|
aint it funny

Shepherdsville, KY

#5101 Mar 23, 2013
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>Not really funny,,,but rather expected.Opinions change with people as they learn new information on an issue,and sometimes we grow new ideas as we grow older.However,if you would specify exactly what you're referring to,,,perhaps I could explain.
Agreed, but words have consequences and if you are the arbitrator of what should be discussed on an open forum and then do a 360 on such matters as birthdays and discussing kid's health, you inhibit free speech but at this point you probably don't care.
spartan

Shepherdsville, KY

#5102 Mar 24, 2013
aint it funny wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed, but words have consequences and if you are the arbitrator of what should be discussed on an open forum and then do a 360 on such matters as birthdays and discussing kid's health, you inhibit free speech but at this point you probably don't care.
Even when I'm in a downward spiral and not doing my best thinking,,,I usually still somewhat care about it when I present the impression that I've seemed to doubletalk my own self.Of course,,,it never bothers me to explain myself if there happen to be slight contingencies that aren't easily picked up on by the "untrained" eye.So for real,why don't you tone it down with the self-righteous attitude,,,and be a little more specific with your complaint kiddo?
obviously

Louisville, KY

#5103 Mar 24, 2013
aint it funny wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed, but words have consequences and if you are the arbitrator of what should be discussed on an open forum and then do a 360 on such matters as birthdays and discussing kid's health, you inhibit free speech but at this point you probably don't care.
You really are not very funny,you are kind of acting like a little BABY. Boo Hoo? Spartan is alright he has a kind word to say to everyone about their children and their birthdays,some people are kind of slow and may get confused. Are you one of those people?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loan sharks 40 min Gay Pride 2
Time to man up 1 hr KARMA IS WATCHING... 1
Ku Klux Klan rally nearing 3 hr Cartoon watcher 15
Stripper who is it? 3 hr Cartoon watcher 7
Louisville Gangs 3 hr Cartoon watcher 2
Blue S10 6 hr Toad 5
Graduates of Bullitt Central...gone but not for... (Jan '09) 8 hr Old friend from HS 304
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Highview Mortgages