Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,817)

Showing posts 76,321 - 76,340 of81,553
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Anne

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Noah, he did build himself that ark. Worked out great for him and his family with Devine help.

Good Morning folks! Just a'sittin' here in western KY with plans to head home later today. I found a good sale on a shepherds hook that'll work just perfect to replace the one that the tree hit when it fell.
Friday morning as I stood about fifty feet from the chicken pen watching the 3 youngest ( all the hens were in the coop) a quail came up to the pen and calmly sauntered along the fence. Surprised me and the chickens! The chickens got excited, flapping and flying about. The 5 hens in the shed dashed out to check out the commotion! These crazy birds certainly have a lot of entertainment value.

Roaming, do you toss and turn all night or do you have projects and hobbies you work on? I need my rest and I'm not fit to live with otherwise. I've even resorted to siestas during hot days.
Rick

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
Noah, he did build himself that ark. Worked out great for him and his family with Devine help.
Good Morning folks! Just a'sittin' here in western KY with plans to head home later today. I found a good sale on a shepherds hook that'll work just perfect to replace the one that the tree hit when it fell.
Friday morning as I stood about fifty feet from the chicken pen watching the 3 youngest ( all the hens were in the coop) a quail came up to the pen and calmly sauntered along the fence. Surprised me and the chickens! The chickens got excited, flapping and flying about. The 5 hens in the shed dashed out to check out the commotion! These crazy birds certainly have a lot of entertainment value.
Roaming, do you toss and turn all night or do you have projects and hobbies you work on? I need my rest and I'm not fit to live with otherwise. I've even resorted to siestas during hot days.
Anne,

The wife and I have taken to an hour nap around 10 PM after the farm and household animals have their food and meds, all dishes washed and dinner over. Tired from the rushing around after work.

It's great. At 11 we awake refreshed, light some candles for The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit and that's the only light in the great room and we find a good movie to enjoy. By 1:30, after prayers, we're fast asleep again but that nap is awesome!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
I usually just work on other stuff. If I lay in bed, I get nervous and frustrated. So, I don't even try it most nights.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

The advantage to being retired is no schedules. I am as likely to go to bed at 6 pm as I am at midnight. It varies on how I feel. The disadvantage is that you have to get old to get here. LOL
Jess

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

How many in all

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Rick wrote:
<quoted text>
Anne,
The wife and I have taken to an hour nap around 10 PM after the farm and household animals have their food and meds, all dishes washed and dinner over. Tired from the rushing around after work.
It's great. At 11 we awake refreshed, light some candles for The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit and that's the only light in the great room and we find a good movie to enjoy. By 1:30, after prayers, we're fast asleep again but that nap is awesome!
Short naps enable a person to get a second wind. Sounds like you and your wife have a great marriage. Those who pray together stay together.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
The advantage to being retired is no schedules. I am as likely to go to bed at 6 pm as I am at midnight. It varies on how I feel. The disadvantage is that you have to get old to get here. LOL
I do the same thing. I generally sleep no more than a couple of hours at a time, and I have often done household tasks in the wee hours of the morning. You're right. It's too bad one has to age in order to enjoy no schedules. I have been fortunate during my working life, however. Being self-employed for many years enabled me to set my own schedule on a day-to-day basis. I have been blessed in many ways. Now, like you, I enjoy simple things in life....watching wildlife, puttering in the barn, taking care of critter babies, and reading. I intend to savor life until the Good Lord calls me home.
Anne

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Rick wrote:
<quoted text>
Anne,

Your home life sounds secure and wonderful! May God richly bless you and yours. On a daily basis I thank Him for the blessings.
Like you, that nap is awesome and I awaken refreshed.
Anne

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I do the same thing. I generally sleep no more than a couple of hours at a time, and I have often done household tasks in the wee hours of the morning. You're right. It's too bad one has to age in order to enjoy no schedules. I have been fortunate during my working life, however. Being self-employed for many years enabled me to set my own schedule on a day-to-day basis. I have been blessed in many ways. Now, like you, I enjoy simple things in life....watching wildlife, puttering in the barn, taking care of critter babies, and reading. I intend to savor life until the Good Lord calls me home.
I enjoy watching wildlife also! There's even a bench set out by the chicken yard to watch those crazy birds.. Lol. Recently I attended a retirement party in a subdivision and realized I've become a lot more country than I've been in years...however I held my tongue and didnt mention feeding my cats , dog, chickens, or pond fish lol. Guess I'm just the country cousin!!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Been a long, wet day! lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Good Morning Peanuts. LOL

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Well, talk about silence. You all aren't very talky today! Hope you all have a good one.
Lake life

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Anyone fight the storm last night?
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Hello everyone!
No storm in these here parts last night. It's sunny and humid here today!
The Eagles held a concert in Louisville last night. I didn't get to go but *whisper* does that count for my bird post of the day? Lol
Have a wonderful day!
Unknown

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Hmmmm
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

I wonder if I can build a nut cracker using the lid from some spam and especially in a dimly lit area ? LOL
qwerty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Someone's nads are in a volatile state today, so you'd better approach them as though they're a firework about to go bang. It's highly likely that they've been brooding about something, which has made them feel resentful and aggrieved. You may not want to hear what they have to say, especially if it makes you uncomfortable, yet they need to get it out into the open.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

whoohoo hot lips LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Maybe Major Margaret "Hot Lips" Houlihan came for a visit. LOL

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Well, going to be hot today. Hope you all have a good day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 76,321 - 76,340 of81,553
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Highview Discussions

Search the Highview Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Burbon destroyers lives 34 min Smh 9
Shepherdsville Mayor General Election- Tinnell,... 47 min Tom 8
Mitch McConnell 51 min hovel 3
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr JOE NASTY 26,182
Cindy Cummings (Jun '12) 4 hr Jeez 46
The Chit Chat Channel 4 hr yep 16
Steven Allison 5 hr jaded 2
•••

Air Quality Alert for Jefferson County was issued at July 22 at 3:56AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Highview Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000