Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
75,461 - 75,480 of 81,602 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89569 May 22, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Can you imagine the anguish of the teacher that sent those kids to the safety of the basement only to have them drown?
I don't have a television. Could you verify,AW, but I think it was the hallway of the school that flooded? I heard on the internet that there was no basement in the school. So much information got double as well as the misinformation floated around the net. I'm in a predicament with my trash. Our local dump doesn't take old microwaves so I have one that needs tossed but where is the question.
It's nice to hear the stories about the animals that survived that twister.
It's a beautiful day. You all have a good one. Another reason to be blessed, a day to enjoy;)
walk away

United States

#89570 May 22, 2013
 Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy. Are the relationships you involved in today helping to build you up, or helping to build you down? There are many things in life that do nothing but take away from who we are; yet we still continue to indulge ourselves in them, because we fear change. As people it is in our nature to try and stay committed to habits, people, and other patterns in our lives that do nothing to help us grow, and do nothing to help make us happy. Sometimes what is best for our lives is to simply get away from the things in our lives that do nothing to benefit us, and only act as parasites taking away from who we are and putting nothing back inside of us of nutritional value. Remember that there are things that do take a lot away from your life, but that help to build up your character as well, so be sure not to give up on things of this nature, use your intelligence, and evaluate wisely. 
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89571 May 22, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hump any more. LOL More like "dump" day. I need to haul off my trash. No garbage service here in the boondocks. Nice slow rain yesterday evening saved me from having to water my tomato plants. I could not look at those Oklahoma pictures all that much. It brought back too many painful memories of April 3, 1974.
Good one AW, I got over the hump day and now off for the next few days. Looks like we will get our rain today. They say around 5pm with chance of severe thunderstorms. It was hot this morning though.

Like you I could only take so much of all that devastation and I had to quit watching. I did see those idiots from Westboro Church making their disgusting reasoning for the disaster....Kevin Durant supporting the NBA player coming out. What a bunch of trash they are. Yet, he was the first one to step up and donate 1 million dollars to the disaster fund. And it sparked others to do the same. What a bunch of misguided haters.

I can close my eyes at every disaster and see that April 3rd tornado that destroyed Brandenburg. Just 15 minutes away from there and did nothing here. Guess it is the valley we live in. I know we are fortunate in Kentucky when it comes to disasters. Hope our luck continues. Can't imagine losing everything, your home, your town, and most of all any loved ones. Just sad.

I hope you are having a great day.:)
walk away

United States

#89572 May 22, 2013
Jealous family members do exist, and they can cause a problem with family overall. They are not an urban legend or a strange delusion, as we would believe. Family and all of our interactions with them are supposed to be a blessing. But, if you have a jealous family, you feel absolutely cursed.There’s a saying that goes, “Blood is thicker than water”. In my opinion, it’s obviously more jealous, too. It’s so sad to know that jealousy would motivate your aunts, cousins, or even your siblings to hurt you worse than strangers off the street.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#89573 May 22, 2013
Sounds like the storms are here!!
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#89574 May 22, 2013
LMPD officer arrested for misconduct

http://www.wave3.com/story/22397862/lmpd-offi...

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE)- A Louisville Metro police officer has been arrested on charge of official misconduct.

A criminal complaint summons obtained by WAVE 3 News states that while on a run Joe C. Burden detained a woman by telling her there was a warrant for her arrest and forced her to expose herself to keep from going to jail.

According to the summons, the incident happened in October 14, 2012 while Burden was on a call with other officers. After the other officers left, Burden told the woman, a witness to the incident being investigated, there was an outstanding warrant for her arrest. Metro police said no such warrant existed.

The summons states Burden gave commands to the women to remove her pants and expose herself to him. Burden told her the other officers that had been there wanted her to go to jail. After she complied with Burden's commands, the woman was released.

Soon after that incident the woman said she started receiving calls from Burden wanting to meet. She declined, telling Burden she was in a relationship.

The woman filed a complaint with the LMPD Public Integrity Unit, who launched an investigation.

As part of an undercover operation with PIU detectives, the woman telephoned Burden on December 11 and asked to meet with him about fines she owed on a speeding ticket. The meeting was set for the Walmart on Raggard Road.

Once there, Burden had the woman follow him to Riverside Garden Park and Burden asked the woman if he could "feel them." The summons said Burden then put both hands under the woman's shirt and on her breasts.

PIU detectives the approached Burden.

During his arraignment today before Judge Annette Karem, Burden pled not guilty. He has been placed on administrative leave and his police powers are suspended. Metro Corrections said Burden has been placed into the home incarceration program.

yet another cop abusing his power. i have had zero respect for police for many years (mostly because they cant even use their signals while cutting you off, turning in front of you, and speeding excessively thru the streets endangering everyone on the road) but more and more these stories of abuse of their power are popping up and we are still supposed to teach our young to admire and trust these fools. pfff..... i think if me and hubby were to ever procreate or adopt i would stick to teaching my child their rights and leave any false notions that a badge give another the right to dehumanize another person in the trash where it belongs. not that i think all law enforcement is prone to abuses of power, but more and more these kind of stories are popping up and even more sickening, this idiot will probably get a slap on the wrist and still have a job to go back to. sure it may be cleaning guns or cataloging evidence, but he will more than likely keep his paycheck in the end. disheartening.

k off soap box......
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89575 May 22, 2013
walk away wrote:
Jealous family members do exist, and they can cause a problem with family overall. They are not an urban legend or a strange delusion, as we would believe. Family and all of our interactions with them are supposed to be a blessing. But, if you have a jealous family, you feel absolutely cursed.There’s a saying that goes,“Blood is thicker than water”. In my opinion, it’s obviously more jealous, too. It’s so sad to know that jealousy would motivate your aunts, cousins, or even your siblings to hurt you worse than strangers off the street.
I believe rational secure human beings have issues as well. I think, we must judge but accept jealous individuals as being insecure. To treat someone badly and alienate them as if they don't matter is more detrimental to a person's welfare and contributes to yourself being a selfish, conceited person. I prefer to positively weigh people on who they are flaws and all. I am human and I err. We can only be ourselves and do unto others by , respectful and kind, helpful if needed. Toleration of others is a choice. Jealousy comes from different circumstances. It can eat someone from the inside out. Learning to find the culprit that causes it and acceptance of not allowing it to control one's life is imperative. Not all jealous people are terrible.It's extremism and the manipulation behind jealous tendencies that make it such a terrible burden to bear.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89576 May 22, 2013
Sorry, not judge.
walk away

United States

#89577 May 22, 2013
@Misty eyed. A person shouldn’t have to be overly humble and be ashamed of your milestones so you don’t offend jealous family members.In time, you will either find that your absence has made their heart grow fonder of you or that nothing has changed. You can only control the actions of yourself and gain some peace by doing so.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#89578 May 22, 2013
Well, a little rumble of thunder didn't hurt the day. Still beautiful!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89579 May 22, 2013
walk away wrote:
@Misty eyed. A person shouldn’t have to be overly humble and be ashamed of your milestones so you don’t offend jealous family members.In time, you will either find that your absence has made their heart grow fonder of you or that nothing has changed. You can only control the actions of yourself and gain some peace by doing so.
:) Oh, I agree. Take it from someone who's been misjudged and misunderstood time and time again. Thanks for your comments;)
well

Lexington, KY

#89581 May 23, 2013
Whatever
The Sentinel

United States

#89582 May 23, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I don't have a television. Could you verify,AW, but I think it was the hallway of the school that flooded? I heard on the internet that there was no basement in the school. So much information got double as well as the misinformation floated around the net. I'm in a predicament with my trash. Our local dump doesn't take old microwaves so I have one that needs tossed but where is the question.
It's nice to hear the stories about the animals that survived that twister.
It's a beautiful day. You all have a good one. Another reason to be blessed, a day to enjoy;)
I'm not AW,(on the path to becoming ancient though, and I do have wolf/dogs...hybrid wolves) best I can tell as I have no tele either is it was a basement and they don't know if falling debris also was involved. But I do agree the person who sent them there must have a great burden on their shoulders, not clear on if there was a adult with them either. https://www.google.com/search...

I'm off to get lost in the back yard again as I cannot seem to get my lawn mower running....and I sold the goat way to soon.
; )
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89583 May 23, 2013
The Sentinel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not AW,(on the path to becoming ancient though, and I do have wolf/dogs...hybrid wolves) best I can tell as I have no tele either is it was a basement and they don't know if falling debris also was involved. But I do agree the person who sent them there must have a great burden on their shoulders, not clear on if there was a adult with them either. https://www.google.com/search...
I'm off to get lost in the back yard again as I cannot seem to get my lawn mower running....and I sold the goat way to soon.
; )
Thanks for the link;) Wish you luck on the mower. Mine's an ol beater as well, but I'm grateful to have it. You take care:)
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#89584 May 23, 2013
cold and windy all day here. spending the evening filling out some more applications to work at the grease pits.
Doc

Newark, OH

#89585 May 23, 2013
Really
Blueminer

United States

#89586 May 23, 2013
Doc wrote:
Really
Whats up Doc? I played the first games of chess a few days ago, since about three years ago, with a man called Doc. Pretty good games. It was some good therapy.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#89587 May 23, 2013
It's been a rough couple of days. My daddy is really sick, pneumonia in both lungs, and is in the hospital. I would appreciate prayers and good wishes for him.
Thank you all.
gus

United States

#89589 May 23, 2013
Prayers and thoughts!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89590 May 23, 2013
@ Roaming, Blessings to your Dad that he make a speedy recovery. May he get well soon for your Mom and you. I will keep him in my thoughts.

Another restless night here. The cooler temperatures and wind feel nice. Hopefully, the rain slows down a bit. Can't have too much of a good thing;)though. I've love stormy weather since I was a little girl; it once helped me sleep at night, pinging on our old tin roof.
Pleasant night to All.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 8 min use your brain 2,042
Do you approve of Joetta Bass Calhoun as Mayor? (Jun '12) 23 min Marilyn 137
Mitch McConnell 26 min Mercury McConnell 428
I have a relationship question? 39 min Mom 3
Shepherdsville Mayor General Election- Tinnell,... 42 min it begins 45
i need a male shih tzu just to breed 43 min Mom 12
Bullitt Central teacher charged with rape 1 hr spartan 6
•••
•••
•••

Highview Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000