Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,591)

Showing posts 71,801 - 71,820 of81,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need male bonding here. Just consider yourself the old rooster, and we're you're flock of hens. LOL
Maybe I will throw you some corn on the ground and listen to the squawking. LOL

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

I can squawk with or without corn. Hubby says that I squawk all the time, but I really don't. LOL Good morning to you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

You know something? I actually miss that little rascal Una. I think his crude talk was just his attempt to develop a persona opposite to his real-life characteristics. He lived vicariously through the Una persona. I remember commenting that he was up unusually early on that last Thursday of his life. I'll bet he was not feeling well through the night and just posted early because he couldn't sleep.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
You know something? I actually miss that little rascal Una. I think his crude talk was just his attempt to develop a persona opposite to his real-life characteristics. He lived vicariously through the Una persona. I remember commenting that he was up unusually early on that last Thursday of his life. I'll bet he was not feeling well through the night and just posted early because he couldn't sleep.
I totally agree with you on that. I think in real life, he was a caring person that identified well with young people. My take was that he tried to knock down the "stuffed shirts" and take the wind out of the sails of those that considered themselves to be above the common folk. I think his "I am smarter than you" or "Gems of Wisdom" etc. was nothing more than to take the high brows down a notch or two.

I miss him too. He and I grew up in the same time frame and could talk about the old ways and I have always liked unique people that did not follow every passing fad or fancy, and he was definitely unique.
kevin

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

I look good. Like, real good.

Hey everyone, come see how good I look...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Now where am I? Just had a power outtage.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Happy Bird Day!! They are everywhere, and they are thrilled I have more corn out. A lot of Blue Jay's out now.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

kevin wrote:
I look good. Like, real good.
Hey everyone, come see how good I look...
I always thought it interesting when someone was laying in a casket and someone else would say "He looks just like himself". Why wouldn't they? You would not expect him to look like the guy down the street.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Happy Bird Day!! They are everywhere, and they are thrilled I have more corn out. A lot of Blue Jay's out now.
Good Morning Roaming. I have sunshine and birds too. Good to see them for a change.

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Hi , all you fine folks.. Been gone from here a while alot going on. But yes , it is so true, but that only. I just did not have time to log in. So if something bad was sad, it was not me guys, sorry anyway. Just found out about Una this morning ,and posted as so true. Sad...
Sorry guys for any confusion. But it is me and me only..
Lord thank goodness there is not more of me...lol

Great Day my friends..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I always thought it interesting when someone was laying in a casket and someone else would say "He looks just like himself". Why wouldn't they? You would not expect him to look like the guy down the street.
And they also say,"Doesn't he look good!" I say, "He looks dead, how could he look good." LOL I don't attend "wakes" or "viewings" as some people say. I feel that the person's life energy is gone someplace else; hopefully to a better place, and all that is left is the husk. When my mother died a year ago last September, I just had her remains cremated and scattered them where she liked to sit in the summer, looking at the horses in the paddocks and watching the world go by. Most of her friends had passed on before her, and she knew only a few people here. I had brought her down from Ma. to KY about 6 years ago. I took care of her until I could not lift her any longer. Luckily she lived only 6 weeks in the nursing home. I have told hubby that if I pass on before him, I would like the same low key send off. I don't think that it is disrespectful to the dead to be done with the "arrangements" quickly. Now, I must get myself out of this morbid thinking and enjoy the day our Lord has given us.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
And they also say,"Doesn't he look good!" I say, "He looks dead, how could he look good." LOL I don't attend "wakes" or "viewings" as some people say. I feel that the person's life energy is gone someplace else; hopefully to a better place, and all that is left is the husk. When my mother died a year ago last September, I just had her remains cremated and scattered them where she liked to sit in the summer, looking at the horses in the paddocks and watching the world go by. Most of her friends had passed on before her, and she knew only a few people here. I had brought her down from Ma. to KY about 6 years ago. I took care of her until I could not lift her any longer. Luckily she lived only 6 weeks in the nursing home. I have told hubby that if I pass on before him, I would like the same low key send off. I don't think that it is disrespectful to the dead to be done with the "arrangements" quickly. Now, I must get myself out of this morbid thinking and enjoy the day our Lord has given us.
I have several brothers who say their wives call them names and never want to listen. It warms my heart to find that relationships do not always go one way;) I think you have no worries that hubby of your loves you very much. Sounds like he came chasing you down after that unfortunate accident with the dishwasher.He'll do exactly what you want ;) You and he impress me by that way you raise your grandchild and love your family. The birds have been chirping all morning.Lovely day.
kevin

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
When I'm layin' in that casket, I think... I'd like... To look like Denzel Washington.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

When I am gone, I don't care what they do with my shell. My soul won't be in it anyways. In the old days, people were just laid out at home until family and friends could arrive to celebrate their life and it was more of a "pot luck" reunion than a funeral.

Since there was no air conditioning and quite often no screens, some took turns to be "sitting up with the dead" and stay "wake" just to keep the flies off. Any service was graveside with the community elder just taking off his hat and saying a few words. Generally, no sermons or preachers.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
When I am gone, I don't care what they do with my shell. My soul won't be in it anyways. In the old days, people were just laid out at home until family and friends could arrive to celebrate their life and it was more of a "pot luck" reunion than a funeral.

Since there was no air conditioning and quite often no screens, some took turns to be "sitting up with the dead" and stay "wake" just to keep the flies off. Any service was graveside with the community elder just taking off his hat and saying a few words. Generally, no sermons or preachers.
In Deep South Louisiana tradition still dictates sitting up with the dead. I was amazed the first funeral I went to where they had the funeral home opened all night and there was more food than a family reunion.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
In Deep South Louisiana tradition still dictates sitting up with the dead. I was amazed the first funeral I went to where they had the funeral home opened all night and there was more food than a family reunion.
Louisiana did many things the old way. It was not unusual for the owner of a country store to keep hogs, chickens, goats etc. out back and process and sell the meat right out of the store. USDA had little to no control over these independant peoples. They also served Boudin along the roadways and had drive-thru daquiri huts. I guess they still do that, I am speaking from experiences of about 30 years ago.
hmmm

Pomona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Interesting post

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I have several brothers who say their wives call them names and never want to listen. It warms my heart to find that relationships do not always go one way;) I think you have no worries that hubby of your loves you very much. Sounds like he came chasing you down after that unfortunate accident with the dishwasher.He'll do exactly what you want ;) You and he impress me by that way you raise your grandchild and love your family. The birds have been chirping all morning.Lovely day.
Thank-you very much. It was very nice of you to say that.
bird lover

Sun City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Those poor birdies
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

All chicken heads present.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 71,801 - 71,820 of81,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Highview Discussions

Search the Highview Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who is the best person for Mayor? 23 min Was undecided 108
Od'd at Honey Hester's Place 35 min damm 9
Racist Bullitt County ! 38 min yup 73
Arrest made in strong-arm robbery 52 min Sandy06 3
Downtown Assaults By Group of Teens (3/22/14) 54 min Sandy06 395
the round table (Aug '11) 1 hr Patsy 9,914
KDF miniMarathon, marathon attract record numbers (Apr '08) 1 hr Past present future 2
•••
•••
•••
Highview Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Highview Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Highview People Search