For kids only day care
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
New Mom

Shepherdsville, KY

#1 Sep 12, 2012
Does anyone have any reviews on this daycare? I will be needing one in late oct to early November. I couldn't find a website but any input would be appreciated :) also if anyone knows their hours as well as weekly fees that would be great too!
Jessica Davis

United States

#2 Sep 12, 2012
My mother in law is the director at the one on Preston & that its where my 2 year old also goes. I don't know much about the one in Cedar Grove except they are all owned by the same man. The staff at Preston are tremendous so I'm sure Cedar Grove its just as good! The Cedar Grove center does have cameras in all the rooms so you can check in on your child no matter where you are. Preston also has cameras in every room but aren't set up to where parents can view them. I know the Preston center is open from 5am-6pm Mon-Fri so I'm sure Cedar Groves would be the same!
hello

Shepherdsville, KY

#3 Sep 13, 2012
The place is filthy the workers are lazy and the owner spends his money on his self rather than his business
Just Sayin

Newport, KY

#4 Sep 13, 2012
Stay clear of that place haven't heard anything good about that place
These truths

United States

#5 Sep 14, 2012
Jessica Davis wrote:
My mother in law is the director at the one on Preston & that its where my 2 year old also goes. I don't know much about the one in Cedar Grove except they are all owned by the same man. The staff at Preston are tremendous so I'm sure Cedar Grove its just as good! The Cedar Grove center does have cameras in all the rooms so you can check in on your child no matter where you are. Preston also has cameras in every room but aren't set up to where parents can view them. I know the Preston center is open from 5am-6pm Mon-Fri so I'm sure Cedar Groves would be the same!
You and your mom must be the ones suckin and fu¢kn steve newman.
This place puts out for single dads.
Jessica Davis

United States

#6 Sep 14, 2012
These truths wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your mom must be the ones suckin and fu¢kn steve newman.
This place puts out for single dads.
First off you don't know me & secondly I don't know any one named Steve Newman & the only man I'm sleeping with is my husband & I said my mother in law is the director at the Preston center not the one in Cedar Grove. People like you get on here hide behind a fake name & run your mouth when you don't know what the hell you're talking about! Know the facts & quit assuming crap about people you don't know. The lady asked a question & I responded with what I do know & I get bashed from someone who doesn't know me? It's pathetic!
Worst daycare ever

United States

#7 Oct 26, 2012
Please do not put your children in this center!! I cant speak for the other locations but I know first hand about the cedar grove location. The cameras only work half of the time and they have NEVER been set up for parents to watch from work or wherever, although parents are promised that luxury. The director seems to be high every day and never gets out of her chair in the office, therefore never knowing what is happening in the center. Her assistant Amy is very rude and says very inappropriate things to children and parents. She favors her children over other children in the center, and she is more concerned with gossiping than running a good daycare. She even tried to have an affair with one of the fathers, inviting him to her home while her husband was out of town working. Children arent taught there, they are babysat and yelled at, and dont even get me started on the owner, David Derringer..what a sorry excuse of a business owner!! He could care less about the children, the parents, or the employees. He is only concerned with money..and that can be clearly seen by the garbage he serves the kids to eat..i honestly cannot believe they are even still in business..they probably wont be much longer unless everyone there is replaced with people who really have the best interest of the children in mind.
Worst daycare ever

United States

#8 Oct 26, 2012
I forgot to add some of the things Amy says to the children..i have personally heard her say "i hate you".."you're ugly".."get away from me I cant stand you"..etc..
someone

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Oct 26, 2012
I agree they don't need to be in business owner is passing bad checks,kitchen is filthy if you saw it you would never let dogs eat there much less children, when there's a problem the owner screens his calls and don't return them!!!!!
He's one sorry business owner if you care about ur kids get em outta there
o wow

Demotte, IN

#10 Oct 27, 2012
If youre witnessing things firsthand then turn them in. If it were my child, I would want to know what is going on behind my back. no abuse of any kind should be tolerated.
bullitt county gal

Evansville, IN

#11 Oct 29, 2012
i totally agree this is a sorry excuse for a daycare... amy dont care bout anyone but her self and her kids.. they are very favored and dont pay worth crap.
i hate this place

United States

#12 Nov 1, 2012
I have personally worked there! The director brenda is nice out of work but if it has to do with the daycare she could give two shits less. The asst. Director amy is a sorry excuse for a person she talks shit about everyone even her best friends. She one time poured a bottle out of a childs and said that he had it (so not right) She dosnt care about the daycare at all she just wants the money she is he biggest drama fene i have ever met. Both of them sit on their butts and listen to people call over the intercome for things to bring to the rooms like bottles and things and expect them to get it their selves knowing they cant leave the rooms. They hollar at parents and children. They try to tell the parents how to raise their children! The employees never get raises and work their asses off thats why everone quits there. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHIKDREN TO THAT DAYCARE!!!!
bad daycare

United States

#13 Nov 1, 2012
o wow wrote:
If youre witnessing things firsthand then turn them in. If it were my child, I would want to know what is going on behind my back. no abuse of any kind should be tolerated.
they have been called in multiple times they always seem to know when their conming
Michelle

Bowling Green, KY

#14 Nov 4, 2012
I was fired by amy because on my second day of work, I had to call in because of strep throat. She would have rather me gone in to work and possibly infect the kids. Amy sits around all day long and favors kids/employes. She does nothing but talk crap about EVERYONE. She and Brenda are both sad excuses for day care workers. Not to mention I watched Brenda's son, one of the employes take a drink of his water, wipe his mouth, then grabbed the children's lunch with his bare hands and serve it. I even asked him where are the gloves and his reply was "don't worry about it. Just pick it up and give it to them" that's against state regulations. I will NEVER take my son there and I do not recommend you take your child there either!
Thattrashhasitco min

United States

#15 Nov 7, 2012
Im going to beat Amys ass when I see her!!
bad place

Shepherdsville, KY

#16 Nov 8, 2012
they locked a kid outside on the playground one day by herself
never again

Lexington, KY

#17 Nov 8, 2012
All im gonna say is they kept teaching my child how to spell his name wrong and he would come home saying i was spelling it wrong. They claim to have a preschool program but i doubt half the staff can read or write themselves. I agree with the above post that amy is rude and inconsiderate. Would not go there if you can keep from it.
Crazy but true

United States

#18 Nov 9, 2012
They sure did! Left a 3 yr old outside alone for about 30 minutes after a fire drill, and a construction worker brought the child back!! They didnt even know she was missing!! They should be shut down because of that alone. The place is a joke, and when they say "preschool program" what they really mean is "your child gets to go to the big kid room and watch movies all day.”
Mommy2Be

Newport, KY

#19 Nov 12, 2012
I just toured this center and it was filthy ! The workers were all young and texting on their phones instead of interacting with the kids. Shame !
exemployee

Fort Thomas, KY

#20 Nov 13, 2012
I worked at the one in Hillview for a few months, and honstly I would not take my children there if it was the last daycare in business. The employess def have their "favorite" kids, and any others are just kind of ignored. I personally witnessed Tammy (the director) make a child get up off his mat at nap time and stand with his arms stretched out to the sides for almost an hour becuase he would not go to sleep. That is just rediculous!! There is also another worker there Patrina, and all she does is yell and scream loudly at the kids. That place just is not ran correctlly and should really be shut down. They all sit around and are just flat out mean. I mean it is so bad that when a new parent comes in to tour Tammy or Bonnie (Tammys assistant) go around to all the rooms to tell you that they are about to do a tour to play with the kids and look happy. As soon as a parent walks in everyone puts a smile on their face an acts like they are the nicest people in the world. I eneded up quitting because of Tammys favoriateism, and they way the children were being treated. The woman has problems at home and is very good at bringing those problems to work and taking them out on everyone else. Please, please do not take your children there!! There are good day cares around you just have to search, but I know first hand that no child deserves to be treated like that for no reason whatsoever period. Also, I feel like if you are truley a good person and you are running a good center then you should not have to go to each room befor you give a tour and tell everyone what to do, its their job, and you should hire people that know how to do their job, if you have to put on a front, something is wrong

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Slumlord of Lou,Ky (Jun '09) 6 min John 60
Record Murder Rate 1 hr Amos N Andy 2
News Megachurches multiplying in Louisville, nationwide (Nov '06) Nov '16 ol school 14
Highview Music Forum (Mar '13) Mar '16 Musikologist 9
News Halton Hospital firm suspended in parking penal... (Jul '15) Jul '15 alarm 1
Election Who do you support for County Judge / Executive... (Oct '10) Jun '13 Lorelei Schnect 12
News Comments sought on Cooper Chapel extension (Oct '10) Nov '10 Dave 4

Highview Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Highview Mortgages