our superintendent
The Jerk

Covington, KY

#63 Mar 28, 2013
BLMS BCHS NES Parent wrote:
A couple things.
1. I have a student at BCHS, BLMS, and Nichols. So I think maybe what I have to say may be worthwhile.
2. Holly, holly is an idiot, you guys need to take this crap elsewhere. You both look and sound like complete fools. Holly, I think you are probably intelligent, but arguing over the Internet with an idiot doesn't show an ounce of intelligence.
My point:
Keith Davis is a good superintendent. He has made many excellant improvements to BCPS. I have had kids in BCPS for 11 years now and I can say the last three have been the best. mr Davis holds teachers to a high standard and expects performance. He selects and trains good administrators, or pulls them from other districts. My kids principals: Ms Coulter, Mr. Fulk, and Ms Hamilton are nothing short of amazing. Did you know that Coulter is recognized many times over as being one of the best in the state? That Mr Fulk is asked to speak at many colleges and nationally? That Ms Hamilton was a distinguished educator for the entire state?
These are the type of folks Mr Davis brings to our students. This is a very good thing. He is making our schools better, safer, and worth sending our kids to. Look at eastside, it is one of the top middle schools in the state. Bullitt lick was one of the ten worst, and now it has risen to the middle of the pack. Ceder Grove is one of the top elementary schools in Kentucky.
All of this happened under Mr Davis leadership.
What's wrong with paying him more? His salary has nothing to do with a bus drivers salary? We don't pay them based on his performance, we pay a driver on their performance.
We should pay teachers more. They are doing a great job.
Gosh oh Gosh Mr. Davis did I write it down the way you wanted me to? Please don't fire me!
BLMS BCHS NES Parent

Lexington, KY

#64 Mar 28, 2013
^^^^ wow.

Amazing if someone's opinion is different than yours then you have to resort to that, sad really.
The Jerk

Covington, KY

#65 Mar 28, 2013
^^^^ wow.
Amazing if someone's opinion is different than yours then you have to resort to that, sad really.
Better get some thick skin if you gonna live in the world of cyber space. We all dogs stone emac ulema !!
Beyond the Grave

Radcliff, KY

#66 Mar 28, 2013
A couple things.
1. I have a student at BCHS, BLMS, and Nichols. So I think maybe what I have to say may be worthwhile.
2. Holly, holly is an idiot, you guys need to take this crap elsewhere. You both look and sound like complete fools. Holly, I think you are probably intelligent, but arguing over the Internet with an idiot doesn't show an ounce of intelligence.
My point:
Keith Davis is a good superintendent. He has made many excellant improvements to BCPS. I have had kids in BCPS for 11 years now and I can say the last three have been the best. mr Davis holds teachers to a high standard and expects performance. He selects and trains good administrators, or pulls them from other districts. My kids principals: Ms Coulter, Mr. Fulk, and Ms Hamilton are nothing short of amazing. Did you know that Coulter is recognized many times over as being one of the best in the state? That Mr Fulk is asked to speak at many colleges and nationally? That Ms Hamilton was a distinguished educator for the entire state?
These are the type of folks Mr Davis brings to our students. This is a very good thing. He is making our schools better, safer, and worth sending our kids to. Look at eastside, it is one of the top middle schools in the state. Bullitt lick was one of the ten worst, and now it has risen to the middle of the pack. Ceder Grove is one of the top elementary schools in Kentucky.
All of this happened under Mr Davis leadership.
What's wrong with paying him more? His salary has nothing to do with a bus drivers salary? We don't pay them based on his performance, we pay a driver on their performance.
We should pay teachers more. They are doing a great job.
You must have your Head up your A** or your his suck Buddy !
just wondering

Louisville, KY

#67 Mar 28, 2013
I know there is no use in getting into the teacher salary argument because it will not change anyone's mind. If you make $35000 a year and have a masters degree like teachers are required to have, you also picked a low paying career and I hope you enjoy it and realize it isn't always about money. My daughter is a teacher and I know how many hours she puts in and how much her remaining school loans are. If you think there is a big tax write off for money spent in the class you are wrong. It is $250 no more, and that is not off your taxes, it goes into to a formula from there.
What I was wondering is why nobody mentioned Keith Davis sleeping with a school employee while married and then after the divorce, marrying her. All that while he holds BC employees to morals standards that he doesn't adhere to. All the improvement is NOT solely due to Keith Davis.
While Holly is hell and I disagree on this everone is entitled to their opinion, The army guy is a disgrace to the military. I guess having to salute those officers for 20 years made him want to be "better" than someone. Sadly he still isn't.
The Jerk

Covington, KY

#68 Mar 28, 2013
just wondering wrote:
I know there is no use in getting into the teacher salary argument because it will not change anyone's mind. If you make $35000 a year and have a masters degree like teachers are required to have, you also picked a low paying career and I hope you enjoy it and realize it isn't always about money. My daughter is a teacher and I know how many hours she puts in and how much her remaining school loans are. If you think there is a big tax write off for money spent in the class you are wrong. It is $250 no more, and that is not off your taxes, it goes into to a formula from there.
What I was wondering is why nobody mentioned Keith Davis sleeping with a school employee while married and then after the divorce, marrying her. All that while he holds BC employees to morals standards that he doesn't adhere to. All the improvement is NOT solely due to Keith Davis.
While Holly is hell and I disagree on this everone is entitled to their opinion, The army guy is a disgrace to the military. I guess having to salute those officers for 20 years made him want to be "better" than someone. Sadly he still isn't.
you are right and you are ok you have some sense..

“No whining!”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#69 Mar 29, 2013
just wondering wrote:
Oh, I'm not a Keith Davis supporter....at all. In fact, I have mentioned on this site before about his escapades with his subordinates. The employee you are talking about is not his only conquest. There's more. He had an affair with the social services director. Both were married. He then had an affair with a librarian....and that is who he married. Does she still work in this district? I believe so. Talk about unethical! I wonder if KDE knows about this?

Why doeesn't your daughter go to work in Jefferson where the STARTING salary for a teacher with no graduate degree is over $40000? She is not glued down here, is she?

Since: Mar 13

Louisville, KY

#70 Mar 29, 2013
How about hop off the teachers and back on Davis and the horrible job he tries to do. Maybe if he didn't have affairs he may be able to get to work. I've been to the meetings and they are a joke as well as most of the board
Bus Driver

Mount Washington, KY

#71 Mar 31, 2013
I am a bus driver for Bullitt County. I am up before dawn doing my job. I do not feel I am unskilled, or anything of the sort. I love my job. To those of you who do not appreciate us. I couldn't care any less. Thank you for those of you who do.
Working for the man

Mount Washington, KY

#72 Apr 1, 2013
I agree about the super intendant, he's only out for himself obviously. I work for the district and it is discouraging to see him get all this crap and no one else even gets a thank you for a good days work, but at least I'm employed and have a decent job. And regardless of KD his wife is SMOKIN HOT!!! LOL
really

Fort Thomas, KY

#73 Apr 1, 2013
then why dont you go to school to get a good education then you can get 6000 dollar raise
BCPS employee

Louisville, KY

#74 Jun 14, 2013
HollyIsHellOnHeels wrote:
<quoted text>
23,000? Haha! You are delusional! My cousin is a teacher in Jefferson County. She started out making $38000 a few years back and makes over $50,000 now.
That is Jefferson county not Bullitt. They have way more tax payers in Jeff. then Bullitt does. I get 1/2 cent a year raise. I have been working for 21 years and make 16.22 an hour. My neighbor works at a factory in Lou. has worked there for 6 years and makes 22.00 an hour. Teachers work very, very hard. The meetings and PD they have to go to. Some of the teachers at my school don't leave till 6-7 after school and right back at 7:30 to do it all again. One teacher spent 300.00 to get her room ready for the year. Please don't put down the teachers Please. It just isn't fair with what we deal with.

“No whining!”

Location hidden

#75 Jun 15, 2013
BCPS employee wrote:
<quoted text>
That is Jefferson county not Bullitt. They have way more tax payers in Jeff. then Bullitt does. I get 1/2 cent a year raise. I have been working for 21 years and make 16.22 an hour. My neighbor works at a factory in Lou. has worked there for 6 years and makes 22.00 an hour. Teachers work very, very hard. The meetings and PD they have to go to. Some of the teachers at my school don't leave till 6-7 after school and right back at 7:30 to do it all again. One teacher spent 300.00 to get her room ready for the year. Please don't put down the teachers Please. It just isn't fair with what we deal with.
So, tell the truth. You are not a teacher, but some sort of aide instead, true? No teacher works for 21 years and makes an hourly wage and/or a wage that low. I'm not putting down teachers at all. Never have. I think it's just right to be honest about it all. The tax rate in Bullitt is the same as Jefferson. Jefferson does have more taxpayers, but they also have far more people to take care of out of that money.
parent

Mount Washington, KY

#76 Jun 16, 2013
I am at a loss for words as I was reading this Holly person's post. I am a teacher and I am there every morning by 7:45 and never leave before 4:30 and at least one night I stay until 6:00 or so. I grade papers at home, doing lessons at home, create things for lessons at home and I am constantly shopping or looking for new ideas for my classroom. My mind never stops thinking about my job, my students and what I can do make a better classroom or do a better job. We attend meetings, prof. developments and other things to prepare for the following year. I spend money to buy supplies, to keep food in my classroom for those kids that are hungry and the list goes on...... Please don't criticize a teacher until you have done their job! I love what I do and I am thankful everyday for the job I have but show a little respect for a profession that demands a great deal!
just wondering

Louisville, KY

#77 Jun 16, 2013
The tax rates are not the same in Jefferson and Bullitt County. You can check that out at Ky revenue or http://www.thinkkentucky.com/cmnty/TaxIncent.... Not sure where else school taxes come from but I think there are others. Don't we pay school tax with the water bill in Bullitt? Can't remember.
Aside from that, saying that teachers don't work late or in the summer etc. is just silly. I never knew before, but now that my daughter is a teacher I often tell her that she is required to be there too much. Home visits, conferences, PTA, open house, spring fling or whatever, fall something or other and winter festival. It isn't just go to work for 7 hours a day. It takes a person who really wants to engage children and teach them to want to become and stay teaching because they certainly don't stay for the pay. They do not pay into social security and will not be eligible to draw it when they retire. As for leaving Bullitt, there are reasons she won't leave the county. Born here, feels a connection, doesn't want a long commute for the multiple trips required to school some days. With JCPS, you may live in LJ and apply to JCPS and get assigned a school in the far East or West of Lou. Possible 1 hr one way to work. I don't know the budget or if money is available but someone voting themselves a raise is just wrong. I don't care who you are. I do know BCPS make less than one of the Bardstown districts. Not sure which one. I believe the pay scale for all JCPS and BCPS employees is available online.

“No whining!”

Location hidden

#78 Jun 17, 2013
parent wrote:
I am at a loss for words as I was reading this Holly person's post. I am a teacher and I am there every morning by 7:45 and never leave before 4:30 and at least one night I stay until 6:00 or so. I grade papers at home, doing lessons at home, create things for lessons at home and I am constantly shopping or looking for new ideas for my classroom. My mind never stops thinking about my job, my students and what I can do make a better classroom or do a better job. We attend meetings, prof. developments and other things to prepare for the following year. I spend money to buy supplies, to keep food in my classroom for those kids that are hungry and the list goes on...... Please don't criticize a teacher until you have done their job! I love what I do and I am thankful everyday for the job I have but show a little respect for a profession that demands a great deal!
So, let me get this straight: You are whining about being at work at 7-5 and leaving at 4-30? That's what a regular worker who works full time works. But, not everyone gets the summers off, two weeks at Christmas, Fall break, Spring break....every holiday....on and on and on. Why is it that I simply state facts and you take that as "critical?" I wouldn't want to teach simply because parents don't discipline their kids at home, which then spills over to school--where there is also no "real" discipline. Teachers tend to focus on the "poor me" aspects of their job and not the many, many positives like the above mentioned breaks, the leave time you earn, etc....and don't forget the public pension..

“No whining!”

Location hidden

#79 Jun 17, 2013
Meant to type 7-45 to 4-30. Whoops. Dang sticky keys!
parent

Shepherdsville, KY

#80 Jun 17, 2013
Meant to type 7-45 to 4-30. Whoops. Dang sticky keys!
I am not whining..... I LOVE what I do but you should not criticize a profession until you have walked in a teacher's shoes. Most people when they leave at 5:00 PM, are finished for the evening! Many teachers spend several hours at night doing things to prepare for the next day or the rest of the week. They are checking emails, making phone calls to parent.... the list goes on! No one is complaining but you don't have a clue what you are talking about. And if parents would do their jobs at home, teachers could spend more time teaching and less time trying to parent their children.

“No whining!”

Location hidden

#81 Jun 17, 2013
parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not whining..... I LOVE what I do but you should not criticize a profession until you have walked in a teacher's shoes. Most people when they leave at 5:00 PM, are finished for the evening! Many teachers spend several hours at night doing things to prepare for the next day or the rest of the week. They are checking emails, making phone calls to parent.... the list goes on! No one is complaining but you don't have a clue what you are talking about. And if parents would do their jobs at home, teachers could spend more time teaching and less time trying to parent their children.
AND...if YOU had ever worked a non-government job, YOU would understand that you have a good thing going. With that said, my kids have had some really good teachers and some really bad teachers. There are no discipline problems in this home and no discipline problems at school either. I would guess that at least 70% of the phone calls and emails that I sent to teachers over the past 12 years has gone unanswered. I have also come across some very petty teachers who tend to take things out on my children when they are confronted with their own shortcomings. One teacher continued to "lose" assignments repeatedly until I caught on to her game. She just wanted my kid to do more. So....I scanned every assignment he brought home and emailed them to her "just in case" she lost them again. As far as saying that you work at night, grading papers, etc, to that I say--become more efficient! You get a planning period every single day.
parent

Shepherdsville, KY

#82 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text>
AND...if YOU had ever worked a non-government job, YOU would understand that you have a good thing going. With that said, my kids have had some really good teachers and some really bad teachers. There are no discipline problems in this home and no discipline problems at school either. I would guess that at least 70% of the phone calls and emails that I sent to teachers over the past 12 years has gone unanswered. I have also come across some very petty teachers who tend to take things out on my children when they are confronted with their own shortcomings. One teacher continued to "lose" assignments repeatedly until I caught on to her game. She just wanted my kid to do more. So....I scanned every assignment he brought home and emailed them to her "just in case" she lost them again. As far as saying that you work at night, grading papers, etc, to that I say--become more efficient! You get a planning period every single day.
You have no clue! I am not wasting anymore of my time! Not worth it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what does j-bird mean (Jan '13) 38 min Simple 7
If your name starts with a J? 44 min Tattnall 4
swingers (Dec '14) 54 min Nono 15
Who's the known heroin dealers in shep 59 min Branch 23
Jason Conway (Jan '16) 1 hr Green 6
Shepherdsville City Police 6 hr HerpaDerp 32
Looking 7 hr One more night 1

Highview Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance