our superintendent
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
1 dog 2 cats

Shepherdsville, KY

#1 Mar 20, 2013
we all bullitt county tax payers need to be at the board meeting monday march 25 at 6.oo pm. he wants a one yr extenion on his contract.he already got a 6000 dollar raise anthor week vaction and all his familys heath dental and vision all paid no out of pockect for him also his retirement is tax deferd so he wont pay a dime.i know a few people that work for bullittcounty schools and they havnet got a raise in 5 yrs only a step raise which the state gives i think the people that need a raise are the ones that work for it like lunchroom, the janitors, bus drivers and teachers they work hard for our children lets stop this he on the other hand dont need it
wow

Shepherdsville, KY

#2 Mar 20, 2013
I know people who work in the school system also and they all have struggled to stay employed here. Several good people who have served the schools for a long time are now looking for other employment because they cant make ends meet. The little people are always the ones to get the shaft.
James

Shepherdsville, KY

#3 Mar 20, 2013
1 dog 2 cats wrote:
we all bullitt county tax payers need to be at the board meeting monday march 25 at 6.oo pm. he wants a one yr extenion on his contract.he already got a 6000 dollar raise anthor week vaction and all his familys heath dental and vision all paid no out of pockect for him also his retirement is tax deferd so he wont pay a dime.i know a few people that work for bullittcounty schools and they havnet got a raise in 5 yrs only a step raise which the state gives i think the people that need a raise are the ones that work for it like lunchroom, the janitors, bus drivers and teachers they work hard for our children lets stop this he on the other hand dont need it
I will be there for sure & your right why should one person get all the damn cookies. The people which you named like lunchroom staff , bus drivers, etc. should get some of that action too! I guess the poor little guy needs it bullshit!! See you at the meeting ,'lets put this shit into check'!! And I don't mean his pocket...

“No whining!”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#4 Mar 20, 2013
A step raise is a raise. I'm tired of hearing teacher's whine about how little they earn. They work less than 9 months out of the year (counting summers off, two weeks at Christmas, Spring break, etc). The teacher's unions have held our government hostage for years as it is. With that said, Davis needs to GO. The Board of Ed here is like Peyton Place. They all do each other--and lots of school administrators are in on the action, too. Davis had a very well-known affair with another high paid employee which caused her divorce. He later married a librarian at one of the schools he is responsible for. How does he get by with that? I bet the Ky Dept for Education would love to know about it.

I will agree that the "little guys" like bus drivers, teachers aides, secretaries, etc... should be considered more for raises.(Even though bus #128 cut me off today and made me slame on my brakes on a busy road---so not cool).
Really!

Shepherdsville, KY

#5 Mar 20, 2013
HollyIsHellOnHeels wrote:
A step raise is a raise. I'm tired of hearing teacher's whine about how little they earn. They work less than 9 months out of the year (counting summers off, two weeks at Christmas, Spring break, etc). The teacher's unions have held our government hostage for years as it is. With that said, Davis needs to GO. The Board of Ed here is like Peyton Place. They all do each other--and lots of school administrators are in on the action, too. Davis had a very well-known affair with another high paid employee which caused her divorce. He later married a librarian at one of the schools he is responsible for. How does he get by with that? I bet the Ky Dept for Education would love to know about it.

I will agree that the "little guys" like bus drivers, teachers aides, secretaries, etc... should be considered more for raises.(Even though bus #128 cut me off today and made me slame on my brakes on a busy road---so not cool).
I am a teacher and I have never complained about my pay! However, you saying we get all of this time off is crazy! We are never on "break". If I'm not at school working I am at PD's or at home searching for ways to teach our kids the things they need to learn. I have the highest level of education I can get for teaching. I am not paid much over my student loans! I love my job! So would a raise be nice? Of course! Would it make it easier to buy the $500 plus I spend extra in my class every year? Yes! So this summer when everyone thinks teachers are relaxing by the pool.... Remember we will be working on getting things ready for the next school year.
wow

Shepherdsville, KY

#6 Mar 20, 2013
Really? Teachers work their butts off trying to make a better future for everybody. Do you even have any idea how much a teacher on average makes? No where near enough. They work several years to pay back student loans then spend there own money alot of times for supplies. You have it in your head it is a easy job. Yes they have breaks off but they pay themselves for those breaks as their contracts are on a 26 week pay but it is something like 190 days pay split evenly in those 26 pays. I do belive on average a teacher makes like $23,000.00. That is laughable when the superintendent makes $140,000.00 plus!!No one is worth almost six times a teachers salary

“No whining!”

Location hidden

#7 Mar 20, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Teachers work their butts off trying to make a better future for everybody. Do you even have any idea how much a teacher on average makes? No where near enough. They work several years to pay back student loans then spend there own money alot of times for supplies. You have it in your head it is a easy job. Yes they have breaks off but they pay themselves for those breaks as their contracts are on a 26 week pay but it is something like 190 days pay split evenly in those 26 pays. I do belive on average a teacher makes like $23,000.00. That is laughable when the superintendent makes $140,000.00 plus!!No one is worth almost six times a teachers salary
23,000? Haha! You are delusional! My cousin is a teacher in Jefferson County. She started out making $38000 a few years back and makes over $50,000 now.

“No whining!”

Location hidden

#8 Mar 20, 2013
[QUOTE who="Really!"]<qu oted text>
I am a teacher and I have never complained about my pay! However, you saying we get all of this time off is crazy! We are never on "break". If I'm not at school working I am at PD's or at home searching for ways to teach our kids the things they need to learn. I have the highest level of education I can get for teaching. I am not paid much over my student loans! I love my job! So would a raise be nice? Of course! Would it make it easier to buy the $500 plus I spend extra in my class every year? Yes! So this summer when everyone thinks teachers are relaxing by the pool.... Remember we will be working on getting things ready for the next school year.
[/QUOTE]

There you are....whining...just like I said.
You seem to focus on the negatives and not the many, many perks you get. Like not paying into social security, having a defined benefit retirement plan, retiring after 25 years, huge tax breaks for the money you sepnd out of pocket, and again....summers off...Holidays off...weekends off.... If you think anyone believes you work all summer to prepare, you are fooling yourself.

“No whining!”

Location hidden

#9 Mar 20, 2013
Not to mention that you work less than 7 hours a day....AND have an hour off for a planning period. And your personal, vacation and sick days add up too, huh? Pfffttt.

“No whining!”

Location hidden

#10 Mar 20, 2013
http://datacenter.courier-journal.com/governm...

Want to really know about teacher salaries? Check it out.
Really!

Shepherdsville, KY

#11 Mar 20, 2013
"

There you are....whining...just like I said.
You seem to focus on the negatives and not the many, many perks you get. Like not paying into social security, having a defined benefit retirement plan, retiring after 25 years, huge tax breaks for the money you sepnd out of pocket, and again....summers off...Holidays off...weekends off.... If you think anyone believes you work all summer to prepare, you are fooling yourself.
If you are so into my benefits get a degree and join the fun.$50,000. Not in this County!
Really!

Shepherdsville, KY

#12 Mar 20, 2013
Not to mention that you work less than 7 hours a day....AND have an hour off for a planning period. And your personal, vacation and sick days add up too, huh? Pfffttt.
I work everyday 7:00 - 4:30 !!! I get a 1 hour planning maybe 2 days a week. Check your facts!
Teacher

Louisville, KY

#13 Mar 20, 2013
One hour of planning? Who gets that? Do you really think all the papers get graded on their own? Do you think I walk in on Monday and someone hands me lesson plans? Some people have no idea what teachers put up with.
wow

Shepherdsville, KY

#14 Mar 20, 2013
I work everyday 7:00 - 4:30 !!! I get a 1 hour planning maybe 2 days a week. Check your facts![/QUOTE]
I thank you for your service. I must say having a battle of wits with an unarmed person will wear you out! Whoever this Holly person is, she must be living in an alternate reality. I bet she would never work 5 years without a raise. I didnt know teachers didnt pay into social security,,,,Wow just wow
wow

Shepherdsville, KY

#15 Mar 20, 2013
http://datacenter.courier-jour nal.com/government/salaries/se arch-results.php?last=&fir st=&min=0&max=10000000 &title=teacher&dept= &entity=%25&Submit=Sea rch
Want to really know about teacher salaries? Check it out.
I still want to find out about Bullitt County Teachers! Jefferson County gets raises thats what this is about. A bus driver in Jefferson County starts out at more than a 10 year driver in Bullitt County. You know why??? Cause Jefferson County gives Raises!That retirement you speak of well employees of Bullitt County schools will have a hard time living on that if it is still even around.You do read the news its broke!!!

“No whining!”

Location hidden

#16 Mar 20, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
I thank you for your service. I must say having a battle of wits with an unarmed person will wear you out! Whoever this Holly person is, she must be living in an alternate reality. I bet she would never work 5 years without a raise. I didnt know teachers didnt pay into social security,,,,Wow just wow
Really? YOU didn't know that, yet you call me "unarmed"? LOL!
The Jerk

Shepherdsville, KY

#17 Mar 20, 2013
[/QUOTE] Oh boo boo boo I work 12 months a year to make $35000 a year! You crying about your pay! I believe you earn your money but so do a lot of us. I'm not saying you shouldn't get a raise. I just think that there are other staff such as bus drivers ,etc. should be in line first.

“No whining!”

Location hidden

#18 Mar 20, 2013
If you are so into my benefits get a degree and join the fun.$50,000. Not in this County![/QUOTE]

I have two degrees, honey. ;-) and my benefits are pretty good, too. The difference is, I don't whine about my choice of occupation like most teachers do.

And...there you are...whining again. Get a job in another county and stop whining!

As far as working 7-4:30, that's bologna. I live near a school. The lot is EMPTY until 30 minutes before and cleared out 30 minutes after!
The Jerk

Shepherdsville, KY

#19 Mar 20, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit my sister in law makes 45k a year been teaching for 5 years 7th grade she would like to make more money but she's ok with what she is payed.
1 dog 2 cats

Shepherdsville, KY

#20 Mar 21, 2013
<quoted text>
23,000? Haha! You are delusional! My cousin is a teacher in Jefferson County. She started out making $38000 a few years back and makes over $50,000 now.
thats jefferson county not bullitt county back off the teachers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rebel111 22 min Ttfn 13
kentucky women are subhuman (Sep '09) 52 min rebel111 17
Poll Confederate Flag...Heritage or Hate? (Sep '09) 59 min rebel111 213
kentucky produces the fattest women in the world. (Sep '09) 1 hr rebel111 88
losers from ky (Oct '09) 1 hr rebel111 26
Confederate Flag = Racist (Dec '11) 1 hr rebel111 13
I saw a horror movie,it was called ugly women f... (Oct '09) 1 hr rebel111 6
More from around the web

Highview People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE