Review: Best Friends Animal Hospital ...
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
realist

Independence, MO

#82 Jun 14, 2013
I have used Best Friends Animal Hospital for 4 years and they have been the best thing that has came to Ozark. I have 2 dogs and when they are in that clinic I have no worries on if they are going to have the right care. I think that everyone should try it once.
BackWoodsgirl

United States

#83 Jul 11, 2013
My 6 month old American Bulldog became ill, he was a rescue from a puppy mill. He was my baby boy, went everywhere with me. I took him in to get his shots on a Thursday-- got them, the vet checked him out- did parvo test it was negative- he acted a lil better that same evening. But the next few days were at a steady decline.. I was having to give him pedialite with a medicine dropper every hour. I called the vet on Sunday thinking maybe there would be an answering service- it was a voicemail, so I just hung up... I was a total mess balling my eyes out because deep down I knew something had to be terribly wrong..
30-45 mins go by and my phone rings with a unfamiliar #, I answer and it is the vet. He asked me what's goin on? I said who I was, if he remembered me - to which he replied of course yes what's going on with ..........and he actually said my pups name) I explained the symptoms and he asked me to bring him in the next morning to get an xray..
I tried my best to hold it in, but was unsuccessful - bursting into tears I tell him I don't have any money to bring him up for that.. He said well, I will work with you so you can.. just bring him up and we will see what's wrong with him.. I was so very thankful and relieved as well as surprised because I myself have never had a vet offer such..
I wish I had a happy ending for the story, but my pup had to be put to rest- I've decided he was probably born with it and as he grew it got worse. His skull had separated from his spine.. and with him growing so fast he was in alot of pain... I was so thankful for Best Friends Vet clinic.. They showed me nothing but love, compassion, and dedication... They are top notch in my book.... Thank you
Very Pleased

Ridgedale, MO

#84 Sep 17, 2013
My family and I are new to the area and have found it very nerve wracking to change from our former vet of 15 yrs. to a new vet. A friend of ours recommended Dr. Jack and we decided to give Best Friend's Animal Hospital a try. To our delight we were extremely pleased. The staff were so very nice and helpful and Dr. Jack spent estra time with us answering questions and getting to know us. Our dog's responded very well to him also. I just want to say thank you for making our visit such a pleasant experience!
Leanne Retana

Ozark, MO

#85 Aug 21, 2014
I have been taking my two year old basset hound to Dr. Germeroth since she was 8 weeks old. He is very kind and gentle with her and she really likes him. Although she has only had routine maintenance and nothing major, they always give her good care. The receptionists and vet assistants have always been very friendly and talkative with me. I never have to wait in the lobby and am always taken right back to a room after checking in. I have never boarded Penny there and never would. I feel a veterinarian clinic is for health care not boarding services, and would recommend Caroline's Pampered Pet Hotel for doggie day care or a place to leave your dog when you vacation. As for Best Friends Animal Hospital, I give them two thumbs up.
sapphire43

Monett, MO

#86 Jul 9, 2015
know too much wrote:
My Kitty died 2 weeks after she was fixed at this clinic..:(
Very sorry to hear that. In my experience, Dr. Jack and his staff have always been excellent. We have been with him for well over 15 years.
sapphire43

Monett, MO

#87 Jul 9, 2015
Still upaet wrote:
Sorry to here about your kitty. Did you get a sorry or Just a you can't prove it like we all did. It would be nice if they seemed to care at least we could hope for improvement. Did you see the other lady that left a review. They are so quick to judge others. Yet don't seem to care that pets get sick and die when it doesnt have to be this way. Lets stop this from happening again. Maybe this will help this vet to do better . We can forgive a person that is sorry and wants to do good.
I have been taking my fur babies to Dr. Jack for well over 15 years and hope to NEVER have to go anywhere else. He and his staff have always been the utmost in professionalism and compassion. He's helped me with sick dogs, done some surgeries, tons of routine care, and was there for me when I had to make the tough decisions that it was time to let my two schnauzers pass on. He and his staff are excellent, IMO, and I'm sorry you had a bad experience.
sapphire43

Monett, MO

#88 Jul 9, 2015
Misty and mad wrote:
This vet probably thinks i gave up on the case where he made are dogs very sick.Surprise!I have not!Peole keep coming up all over that have had bad experiences with this clinic.I don't mean just bad but horrible!We will not let this guy get away with hurting other animals.We DO NOT look kindly on animal abusers in this town.I grew up here all my life when this was still a small town.It has grown large and still i will do everything in my power to keep this guy from hurting more animals in this town.Ozark was once full of strong family values and loving pet owners and I intend on running this guy out of town and keeping the values the same.Wrather small or large this town will NOT stand by and let someone act the way this man has.Directly to the so called dr. at this clinic:Go back to where you came from and open up a pooper scooper yard pickup buisness!Make sure however that you do not come in contact with an animal because the closest you should get is poopy pick up.My dog can not speak and tell me what all horrible things you and your staff did to her but I love her so much that so far with my own intellect and love for her that i have figured out alot so far.The animals will no longer suffer from the likes of you.We will be the voice for our four legged friends.My dog won't bit you my little friend but I might!!!!
Wow, Misty... BTW, Dr. Jack moved his practice to Ozark from the far and distant land of ROGERSVILLE. Yes, the Rogersville up the road, the one that is much smaller than Ozark. And I hope you have found another vet because I would hate for my favorite vet in the world and his staff to have to deal with such a hater as yourself. I've been taking my babies to Dr. Jack for over 15 years, found him after two terrifying experiences with other local vets (still in business) and never had a bad experience. He has helped me with making the final decisions on my extremely senior schnauzers, comforted me and my family with those decisions. He has done surgeries along with routine care. He has never been anything but patient, caring, and fair-priced in my many years of experience. I haven't boarded my babies there since he's been in Ozark but only because my circumstances have changed. Before that, I ALWAYS trusted my babies to stay with his staff--and they were phenomenal. In closing, I'm sorry you had a bad experience but I'm very thankful you have been unsuccessful in your witch hunt. Dr. Jack is an awesome, awesome vet, and we are blessed to have him in our area.
(PS - people might take you more seriously if you would slow down and proofread your posts, they are very difficult to follow with all of the typos.)
sapphire43

Monett, MO

#89 Jul 9, 2015
CassieC wrote:
I've had dogs all my life and have always had them spayed or neutered and have never worried about such a routine procedure performed by someone who was licensed to do such a procedure, however my dog had such a hard time healing from the incision (it's been over two weeks) I took him to another vet who literally said "Who did this" and then demanded to know the clinics name and was mortified at the incision site and has now had to prescribe another surgery to corrrect the mistakes made by this so called vet. Just be aware folks!!!
Won't EVER take my babies to another vet if I can help it. Dr. Jack has done surgery, routine care, spay/neuter on all five of my pups over the past 15 or more years. He is absolutely fabulous!
sapphire43

Monett, MO

#90 Jul 9, 2015
EllieMay wrote:
I have not been on here for quite some time because it was just to hard to hear about all of the abuse and neglect that Best friends Animal Hospital in Ozark Mo keeps getting by with, but again today have witnessed another situation that has happened. Today 2 dogs that were boarded there got out and one was hit and died on the way to another vet for help. The response that they had was ""Oh wellI guess the owner will be minus a day when they get back". Need I say more. This is the kind of or lack of compassion and lack of responsibility, and unprofessionalism that this facility has. My dog a year and a half later still missing, many animals dying after care there(with minor surgeries) nasty when picked up from boarding, terrible suture scars etc. the list goes on. When will people wake up, this needs to STOP.
EllieMay, I'm calling BS on your story. NO WAY would I ever believe your tale that someone in BFAH would say anything like that. No way. They are professionals. They truly care about our babies. You really expect rational human beings to believe that someone would say that when an animal died? Were you there? Did you personally hear it? If so, you are either a patient or employee, in which case you have zero credibility. If you are a patient, you've gone against everything you've been posting about BFAH. If you are an employee, I see dismissal in your future, hopefully, so that my fur-babies are never exposed to your hatefulness. This latest tall tale of yours is just too much.
I hope I never have to go anywhere other than Dr. Jack and his staff -- they are hands-down the best in the area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highlandville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ricky Lee Kessinger (Aug '12) Jul 19 Raceboy752000 10
Politics, Not Justice! Jul 10 NotACockFace 1
Solid Wood Furniture For Sale Wrexham Jun 28 ayobangkit 1
Third Street Jun '16 Big man 5
Bobby Buttram Missing Jun '16 Helplocate 1
Cox Clinic Ozark Jun '16 Misty_L 1
keck May '16 just here 1

Highlandville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance