Review: Best Friends Animal Hospital ...

Review: Best Friends Animal Hospital - Jack Germeroth DVM

Posted in the Highlandville Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Very upset

Ozark, MO

#1 Feb 9, 2009
Three sick dogs after one week stay here. Do not let this happen to your pet. Vet has not even called to check on dogs. Three dogs three homes all sick with pneumonia after sleeping on wet beds. One dog still at springfield hospital a week later. Dogs all lost weight. This is not a doggie hotel. Its more a doggie hello if you know what I mean. Vet refused to see dogs after calling to report sickness. Vet would not contact other pet owners to see if thier pets were sick. Vet said not worth his time as we could not prove our pets got sick there. Save other pets. Dont go here. Thanks for reading.
know too much

Chanute, KS

#2 Feb 13, 2009
My Kitty died 2 weeks after she was fixed at this clinic.. :(
Still upaet

Ozark, MO

#3 Feb 17, 2009
Sorry to here about your kitty. Did you get a sorry or Just a you can't prove it like we all did. It would be nice if they seemed to care at least we could hope for improvement. Did you see the other lady that left a review. They are so quick to judge others. Yet don't seem to care that pets get sick and die when it doesnt have to be this way. Lets stop this from happening again. Maybe this will help this vet to do better . We can forgive a person that is sorry and wants to do good.
Still upaet

Ozark, MO

#4 Feb 17, 2009
Sorry to here about your kitty. Did you get a sorry or Just a you can't prove it like we all did. It would be nice if they seemed to care at least we could hope for improvement. Did you see the other lady that left a review. They are so quick to judge others. Yet don't seem to care that pets get sick and die when it doesnt have to be this way. Lets stop this from happening again. Maybe this will help this vet to do better . We can forgive a person that is sorry and wants to do good.
Awesomedogtoys

Reeds Spring, MO

#5 Feb 24, 2009
Wow, thanks for the great heads up on Best Friends. I know that I have used other vets in Ozark, but I am currently using Carlson Pet Hospital in Sprinfield. They are excellent, but I can't stand the drive. They have taken extremely great care of my dogs. I think they are one of the most advanced and comprehensive clinics to help with real animal sickness in SW MO.
aninal lover

Ozark, MO

#6 Apr 3, 2009
Today is my second visit to this new clinic. The people who work here are the most unfriendly people, they act like they are doing you a favor by acknowledging you are in their office. I'm sticking to the other vets in Ozark where I at least think my animal will get some quality care and I'm not a bother coming into their office.
Ellie May

Ozark, MO

#7 Apr 6, 2009
To all of you animal lovers who are looking to board your loving pet. Do not I repeat do not for any reason take you pet to Best Friends Animal Hospital in Ozark. That is if you would like to see your pet again. My took her pets there and was called the next day saying that her pet was missing. Today after 11 days still the pet is missing. The family is devastated and in tears, and do you think the clinic cares? NOOOOOO! they do not. Have they lifted a finger to help? NOOOO! Not even as much as a sorry. After hearing the other reviews I think something needs to be done to keep them from hurting others. I know I will do my part in spreading the word. If they don't care about our loved ones they should not be in business.
Ellie May

Ozark, MO

#8 Apr 7, 2009
Those of you that have had a bad experience,that should have never happen if the facility had been operating the right way. Please contact me at cooks23896@cs.com. Maybe together we can make a big difference for others in the future. Thanks
Andy

Madison, WI

#9 Apr 7, 2009
I have nothing but good things to say about this vet. I took my cat in for to get clipped and he was in and out in a day. They seemed to really take care of him. I'd use them again.
Someone who cares

Ozark, MO

#10 Apr 9, 2009
Well Good luck with that. Wait untill its your cat and see how you feel. So sorry to the other pet owner I live in the area and will keep a look out for your dog. Guess some people just dont get that we want to stop this from happening.
shocked

Ozark, MO

#11 Apr 9, 2009
The boxer is fawn with white shocks female not spayed. Does have pink collar and chip.
shocked

Ozark, MO

#12 Apr 10, 2009
Thank goodness you did'nt leave your pet with them.
Misty and mad

Cassville, MO

#13 Apr 10, 2009
This vet probably thinks i gave up on the case where he made are dogs very sick.Surprise!I have not!Peole keep coming up all over that have had bad experiences with this clinic.I don't mean just bad but horrible!We will not let this guy get away with hurting other animals.We DO NOT look kindly on animal abusers in this town.I grew up here all my life when this was still a small town.It has grown large and still i will do everything in my power to keep this guy from hurting more animals in this town.Ozark was once full of strong family values and loving pet owners and I intend on running this guy out of town and keeping the values the same.Wrather small or large this town will NOT stand by and let someone act the way this man has.Directly to the so called dr. at this clinic:Go back to where you came from and open up a pooper scooper yard pickup buisness!Make sure however that you do not come in contact with an animal because the closest you should get is poopy pick up.My dog can not speak and tell me what all horrible things you and your staff did to her but I love her so much that so far with my own intellect and love for her that i have figured out alot so far.The animals will no longer suffer from the likes of you.We will be the voice for our four legged friends.My dog won't bit you my little friend but I might!!!!
Pet Lover

Ozark, MO

#14 Apr 10, 2009
Misty, His parking lot appears full whenever I go by. I suggest taking your pets to Ozark Veterinary Clinic, Hwy. 14 East, Ozark MO.
Ellie May

Branson, MO

#15 Apr 11, 2009
Yes, I agree too That Ozark Vet Clinis just right down the road is wonderful with every aspect pertaining to anilmal as well as their owners.
Ellie May

Branson, MO

#16 Apr 11, 2009
The vet at best friends Vet, use to own the vet clinic in Rogersville (the only one there)wish he would go home but feel it isn't far enough. He should just loose his practice completely. It tells you a lot when a business buts in the building permit April 8, 2008 and not being in business a year yet, and the clinic has this many MAJOR issues> Something is terribly WRONG!!!!!
WOW

Branson, MO

#17 Apr 12, 2009
I haven't ever been here, I use Divine Vet. Clinic in Ozark, MO. Best doctor/clinic in town. But I have heard terrible things about this Best Friends place. A few weeks ago I heard they lost an animal...that is terrible. I understand mistakes happen, but I wonder how much time and effort they have put forth to help save the animal. I also heard that the doctor butchered a few sets of ear crops.
Ellie May

Branson, MO

#18 Apr 12, 2009
WOWW I can tell you they have put next to no time searching for the lost boxer. They told the owner that they stopped looking for her thirty minutes after they noticed she was missing. Ten minutes of that probably was contacting the out of town owner. The dog was let out at 6:40am and they said they checked on her about 11:00-11:30am, they don't know if the gate was opened (which by the way has no lock on it) or if she jumped the fence, either way, a responsible facility would have locks on the gate and not wait over 4 hours to check on a dog left outside. So this pretty much tells you they are not a responsible facility to board animals and from other things I have found out about, it is not a place for quality care either.
Joy

Columbia, MO

#19 Apr 23, 2009
I am glad you all have posted reviews online. I adopted a puppy from SW MO K-9s. They were scheduling her to be fixed at this vet next week. After reading your reviews, I have decided to go ahead and use my own vet, although I will have to pay for it myself. I thank you for stopping myself and others from using a vet with a questionable background.
TWEETYBIRD

Ozark, MO

#20 May 2, 2009
Andy wrote:
I have nothing but good things to say about this vet. I took my cat in for to get clipped and he was in and out in a day. They seemed to really take care of him. I'd use them again.
If you are referring to getting your cat GROOMED, if it was there more than a few hours, I'd be worried!! This is done by a groomer, not a vet and has nothing to do with the ability of the vet. By the sounds of it, if they lost your cat while it was there, it would just be another day...oh, well...who cares? I wouldn't use them for an instant if they are that pathetic to lose someone's pet and then not give a rats azz about it. I'd sue--just costs $30something to file a case.
Really says alot about someone's character if they do not even care about losing someone's pet and do not offer to help look for it. They are supposed to be the responsible party. GRRRRR!!! Poor little dog!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highlandville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who's cheating with my husband (Dec '11) Jan 15 BearOfBadnewsSpec... 68
Clever Woman (Jan '15) Jan 13 Sherri 5
pensmore info Jan 4 Newhere 1
Unsolved Murders (Oct '16) Jan 2 ireland 4
hairstylist (Mar '15) Nov '17 Sherri 3
patricks family restaurant (May '15) Nov '17 support nixa busi... 5
Missouri Marijuana Legalization Movement Nov '17 Extraordinary 1

Highlandville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance