Pit Bull Attack in FPE
Texan

Wichita, KS

#22 Feb 25, 2013
If you are at your home and this dog attacks you or your animals just shoot it, you do have that right.

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

#23 Feb 25, 2013
Technically speaking you should have the right to defend yourself or your animals in your own yard, but you do so with the risk of prosecution for various offenses depending on the officer who answers your call. It will also matter of your animal is leashed or not.
Texan

Wichita, KS

#24 Feb 25, 2013
Castle Doctrin: Surely if you can shoot a person in defence of yourself and your property????????

But I don't know that.

#25 Feb 25, 2013
Texan wrote:
Castle Doctrin: Surely if you can shoot a person in defence of yourself and your property????????
You know nothing about the way La Porte operates. People who listen to your advice may find themselves charged with animal cruelty or other charges depending on what officer responds.
Want My Town Back

Pasadena, TX

#26 Feb 25, 2013
Texan wrote:
if i remember correctly from training, the same laws apply. But always keep in mind that if the need ever does arise for you to defend yourself with deadly force, you will be arrested and charges filed. Then in court the " Castle Doctrine ( or equiv.)" will be your defense.

Always keep a good pro gun defense lawyer on speed dial just in case you find yourself in this situation.

This is WMTB, but i am at home and not signed in.
my opinion

Pasadena, TX

#27 Feb 25, 2013
Go straight to Chief Adcox. You can send him an email via website and he WILL get back with you personally.

“Trying to be civil with idiots”

Since: Oct 09

Sarajevo, Bosnia

#28 Feb 25, 2013
my opinion wrote:
Go straight to Chief Adcox. You can send him an email via website and he WILL get back with you personally.
Sorry, but that is the last person i want any info about self defense from.
Not knocking the guy, but unfortunatley local law enforcement has a hard time keeping up with gun laws and how to interpret them.

Maybe that is a bit unfair (since i can only judge by actions) but it is obvious those under his leadership has a hard time keeping up with gun laws and have no idea how to interpret them..... or even know the proper classifications.....

I would read up on texasgunlaws.org

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#29 Feb 25, 2013
my opinion wrote:
Call Chief Adcox and you're liable to end up with some bullshit Establishment influenced charges against you.

Chief Adcox is not a friend to the average citizen of La Porte... he is a yes man brought in to do things a Chief of Police FROM La Porte would not do.

If the call came down to disarm the citizens of La Porte... he would dance to your doorstep to do it.
Texan

Wichita, KS

#30 Feb 26, 2013
If you know what you are doing animal cruelty will not be a problem, that dog will expire without so much as a whimper. If the local authorities will not handle the situation you can do one of two things: Handle it yourself, or let that dog keep you and yours hiding in the house from now till doomsday.

But I don't know that.

#31 Feb 26, 2013
Texan wrote:
If you know what you are doing animal cruelty will not be a problem, that dog will expire without so much as a whimper. If the local authorities will not handle the situation you can do one of two things: Handle it yourself, or let that dog keep you and yours hiding in the house from now till doomsday.
Like I said, you know nothing about the way La Porte operates or this area in general. When an officer responds to a scene he calls the DA who decides if any charges will be filed. Some of that depends on how the officer presents the facts. You can do everything right and still find yourself facing charges.
Texan

Wichita, KS

#32 Feb 26, 2013
Like I said if the authorities will not handle it, do it yourself or hide in the damn house. Personally I am not going to allow a dog of any kind make me afraid to go outside. Just shoot the s o b and let the chips fall where they may. I can understand where someone like you might be afraid of the police, but the rest of us??????????
GOTP

La Porte, TX

#33 Feb 26, 2013
my2dogs wrote:
My dogs were attacked on Feb 5th and La Porte Animal Control was supposed to come to my house the next night to file report, but did not show. Said they received a call out. That is fine, I am ok with that. But they never called back to set a new time or day, then I went down to their office that Saturday (Feb 9th). Called this week and found out nothing was done, so they were to come last night for me to sign another report so it could be filed. Guess what? Another no show with no phone call. I waited at home for them.....left message this morning....let's see if they call back. Do they really care that 2 small schnauzers were almost killed and then the dog could have turned on me????
Is this the black and white pit bull near Applewood?
GOTP

La Porte, TX

#34 Feb 26, 2013
Texan wrote:
If you are at your home and this dog attacks you or your animals just shoot it, you do have that right.
These are loose dogs running around. If these dogs taste blood via an attack they should be put down, period. They are a danger. If they attack once, they'll attack again and they are a danger and a menace. They should be removed from the home and put down. It's my understanding that cats aren't supposed to be roaming either. I am sick and tired of my beautiful flowerbeds being their litter boxes.

But I don't know that.

#35 Feb 26, 2013
Texan wrote:
Like I said if the authorities will not handle it, do it yourself or hide in the damn house. Personally I am not going to allow a dog of any kind make me afraid to go outside. Just shoot the s o b and let the chips fall where they may. I can understand where someone like you might be afraid of the police, but the rest of us??????????
That's big talk from a little man. Sounds like a great plan until you find yourself charged with animal cruelty, discharging a firearm in a residential area, and any other charges they can come up with. That's assuming you have your firearm handy at the time and that it happens on your property. Life should be so convenient. Not sure what your brilliant idea would be for people who get attacked while out walking their dog. Maybe you should stick to what you know best. Being a loudmouth know it all little lying phawisee.
Texan

Wichita, KS

#36 Feb 26, 2013
I am not little, I and my family are not in a difficulty with the law as you and yours are, and I most definatly will not hesitate to defend myself and that which is mine, if that means shooting an attacking dog or anything else; so be it. Also I tend to speak quietly, tell the truth, and would kick your a$$ if you called me a phawisee to my face, and that moron is just a fact.

Location hidden

#37 Feb 26, 2013
Texan wrote:
Also I tend to speak quietly, tell the truth
You OBVIOUSLY would not know the truth if it was right in front of you.

You've filled your head with the "truth" of others and then stuck it in the sand.
Texan

Wichita, KS

#38 Feb 26, 2013
You need to stop speaking to the mirror dumba$$.

Location hidden

#39 Feb 26, 2013
Texan wrote:
You need to stop speaking to the mirror dumba$$.
LOL

Are you the "mirror dumbass" that I am speaking to?

It appears so.

Illiterate.
Texan

Wichita, KS

#40 Feb 26, 2013
No,and appearances are decieving when your head is clouded from smoking dope dumba$$.

Location hidden

#41 Feb 26, 2013
Texan wrote:
No,and appearances are decieving when your head is clouded from smoking dope dumba$$.
No comma is needed in the above sentence.

Deceiving is spelled, D-E-C-E-I-V-I-N-G.

What were you saying now, Mr. Mirror Dumbass?

Boy, you sure are lucky weed makes me so stupid... otherwise you'd REALLY be outwitted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highlands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OK sick far left commies you will hate these p... 6 hr josh 50
Help 6 hr Feline Farts 4
homeless people in cars at walmart (Feb '17) Mon Salsa Fart 28
Extra Income Sun red farts 6
lets fight back Nov 14 Big Farts 15
Leslie (Apr '11) Nov 13 Ripping Farts 28
run BAMBIE run Nov 13 Farts smell 11

Highlands Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance