Candlewood Suites in La Porte

Posted in the Highlands Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jocob Pullig

Houston, TX

#1 May 22, 2013
Is the Candlewood Suites in La Porte closing or selling? The place looks awful and looks like corners are being cut too much.
Too many

Pasadena, TX

#2 May 23, 2013
There are too many motels in La Porte for any one of them to be successful.

Thank you City Council for promoting motel development instead of providing the citizens with much needed retail.

La Porte has always chosen industry over citizens. This is just one more example.
Not Councils Fault

Pasadena, TX

#3 May 23, 2013
Last time I looked, granted it has been a year or so, the occupancy rate at LP motels was substantially higher than average. That is the reason there are so many of them.
Hotels and motels are good business for LP. They feed our restaurant business. As for retail, what do you want that you can't drive 5 miles or so and get around here?
We have businesses here that won't invest in their own business, or buildings. Just look around see who has painted their buildings, who has improved the business district. These business owners are takers, they are selfish.

“Dream a little dream...”

Since: Jan 09

burn a little green with me!

#4 May 23, 2013
Not Councils Fault wrote:
Last time I looked, granted it has been a year or so, the occupancy rate at LP motels was substantially higher than average. That is the reason there are so many of them.
Hotels and motels are good business for LP. They feed our restaurant business. As for retail, what do you want that you can't drive 5 miles or so and get around here?
We have businesses here that won't invest in their own business, or buildings. Just look around see who has painted their buildings, who has improved the business district. These business owners are takers, they are selfish.
No... it's EXACTLY City Council's fault!!!

They have allowed our beautiful town to be littered by cheap box cutter motels... so much so that the decent ones we have in town have been degraded and brought down to the level of the lowest chain motel because of the competition!!

They are cutting each others throats competing for business!!

All in an effort to increase the tax base!!

There is such a thing as too much growth.

City Council does not care about the people who call La Porte home... they only care about the businesses they can pilfer and shake down for cash.

I've seen Clark Askins in action!!

I KNOW how he talks to people... how he hustles them!!

I have eyes to see... ears to hear... and a mouth to share what I have heard and seen.

Tic toc... tic toc.
Give it a break

United States

#5 May 23, 2013
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
No... it's EXACTLY City Council's fault!!!
They have allowed our beautiful town to be littered by cheap box cutter motels... so much so that the decent ones we have in town have been degraded and brought down to the level of the lowest chain motel because of the competition!!
They are cutting each others throats competing for business!!
All in an effort to increase the tax base!!
There is such a thing as too much growth.
City Council does not care about the people who call La Porte home... they only care about the businesses they can pilfer and shake down for cash.
I've seen Clark Askins in action!!
I KNOW how he talks to people... how he hustles them!!
I have eyes to see... ears to hear... and a mouth to share what I have heard and seen.
Tic toc... tic toc.
You know nothing and contribute nothing. Just another drain on the system.

#6 May 23, 2013
Give it a break wrote:
<quoted text>
You know nothing and contribute nothing. Just another drain on the system.
Sure... you'd love for me to give you a break.

But... I've got you corrupt Phfucks on the ropes now... and that's where I am going to keep you until I knock you the phfuck out.
Elaine

Houston, TX

#7 May 23, 2013
Not everyone who owns a business is good at it. There are plenty of stupid, lazy people who just happen to own businesses and don't care what the neighborhood looks like. You should not indict all business owners because of a few losers.

#8 May 23, 2013
Elaine wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everyone who owns a business is good at it. There are plenty of stupid, lazy people who just happen to own businesses and don't care what the neighborhood looks like. You should not indict all business owners because of a few losers.
Not all business in La Porte are on an even ground... some get treated well and are provided every opportunity and benefit they need to succeed... while others are impeded with road blocks... or more properly "toll booths" which they must pay to move forward.

It's all City Council's doing... they are destroying La Porte.
Elaine

Houston, TX

#9 May 23, 2013
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all business in La Porte are on an even ground... some get treated well and are provided every opportunity and benefit they need to succeed... while others are impeded with road blocks... or more properly "toll booths" which they must pay to move forward.
It's all City Council's doing... they are destroying La Porte.
Now the California Internet bully is an expert in business.

#10 May 23, 2013
Elaine wrote:
<quoted text>
Now the California Internet bully is an expert in business.
You'll find that when you go around with your eyes and ears open... you become an expert in a lot of things, Elaine.

I have more overall knowledge about the way the world works than 99.9% of the people alive today.

Mostly because I did not let public schools close my mind off to the possibilities out there and limit my thinking.
Too many

Pasadena, TX

#11 May 23, 2013
5 miles?....exactly the distance to WalMart from City Hall! I think La Porte deserves better retail than that. What business district? The warehouses? Fast Food, auto parts and repair, dollar stores, convenience stores, and beer joints, that's pretty much it, isn't it?

#12 May 24, 2013
Too many wrote:
<quoted text>
5 miles?....exactly the distance to WalMart from City Hall! I think La Porte deserves better retail than that. What business district? The warehouses? Fast Food, auto parts and repair, dollar stores, convenience stores, and beer joints, that's pretty much it, isn't it?
Sums it up pretty much.

By business district he probably meant the area most of City Council is buying up and doing most THEIR business in.

Have you noticed how much property Council collectively owns and where it's mostly located?

Hmmmmm...

It seems they also have a history of spending a lot of YOUR tax money in Real Estate and expensive dress up deals that benefit them and friends in that same area.

Hmmmmm...

Isn't it strange too... that in the last five years I have been opposing them I have been assailed with five city citations, two lawsuits and now a bogus Felony charge???

Sounds like a case of officials using their office to persecute their political opponents to me.

Hmmmm...

Didn't we JUST have a national headline story about an official who used their position to go after and harass their political rivals???

Hmmmmm...
Give it a break

United States

#13 May 24, 2013
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure... you'd love for me to give you a break.
But... I've got you corrupt Phfucks on the ropes now... and that's where I am going to keep you until I knock you the phfuck out.
Got em on the ropes huh. Wow, I bet they are shaking in their boots. You are nothing but hot air. 10 year plan my a$$. If their is corruption in city hall, call the district attorney. I am sure he would love to meet with you,

#14 May 24, 2013
Give it a break wrote:
<quoted text>

If their is corruption in city hall
Great... another illiterate here to oppose me.

Surprise surprise.
Rumormill

La Porte, TX

#15 May 25, 2013
City council can't stop a business from coming here that would illegal. the only thing business wise they can control is sex and drinking. Maybe if some of you would read up on the laws in Texas you might not make ignorant statements. Remember Ignorance can be fixed, Stupid is forever.

#16 May 25, 2013
Rumormill wrote:
City council can't stop a business from coming here that would illegal. the only thing business wise they can control is sex and drinking. Maybe if some of you would read up on the laws in Texas you might not make ignorant statements. Remember Ignorance can be fixed, Stupid is forever.
Well, Council certainly can stop offering financial incentives to bring companies to come here and clutter, destroy and pollute La Porte!!!

It's a scratch my back I'll scratch your back thing with them!!

I know LOTS more than I have ever said about things that are going on in La Porte!

If you don't think I've got people who support what I do all up inside and around La Porte keeping me updated on what is going on... you're severely underestimating me.

If YOU want to get into it with me about who is ignorant and who is stupid... join me on a level ground and identify yourself!!

Otherwise you're just a coward throwing rocks from a darkened closet!
Too many

Pasadena, TX

#17 May 26, 2013
Rumormill wrote:
You are naive to think that La Porte does not apply incentives and assistance to certain businesses and discouragement and roadblocks to others.
Rumormill

La Porte, TX

#18 May 26, 2013
Heavy, you must be feeling frisky these days oh large one.

#19 May 26, 2013
Rumormill wrote:
Heavy, you must be feeling frisky these days oh large one.
Ha!! I just accused Lomaxx of being frisky on another string... before I saw this!

That word is not often used here.

#20 May 26, 2013
No, I'm not feeling frisky... I'm just sure of myself.

I have never been so sure that I was exactly where I am supposed to be and exactly what I am supposed to be doing ever before in my life.

I am about 6 months to a year ahead of schedule... and happy as a bug in a rug.

I could be coming back to La Porte at any time... any day... but not tomorrow or the next day... or even the day after that.

Maybe next week.

Maybe next month.

Maybe next year.

I will leave it in God's hands... he'll let me know when it is time to return home and claim what is inevitable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highlands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Iran Nuke Deal? 1 hr red dawn 5
KUDOS to Deer Park City Council 2 hr Passed farts 2
Ted Cruz vs.Jon Stewart 7 hr Heavy Fed 6
The other side of the lion story 7 hr Heavy Fed 10
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 10 hr Farting 945
Jon Stewart's 2 White House Visits 10 hr Heavy Fed 2
Elaine 11 hr fubar 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Highlands Mortgages