Detroit man shot in face in drive-by

Detroit man shot in face in drive-by

There are 13 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from May 26, 2009, titled Detroit man shot in face in drive-by. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

An 18-year-old is struggling to survive after being shot in the face in an apparent drive-by shooting in Detroit late this morning, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Runny

Kansas City, KS

#1 May 26, 2009
Things like this only happen here,considered fun in the city ?
Wiseguy

Plymouth, MI

#2 May 26, 2009
Numerous times a day...EVERY day. Getting way outta hand.
mrmannn

Odessa, TX

#3 May 26, 2009
I knew at least twenty people that have been killed in this city, I couldn,t take it any more. I packed up and moved as far away as I could.
TruthBeTold

Farmington, MI

#4 May 27, 2009
A shot in the face may have been an improvement. Kidding aside..It becomes very typical to hear about this nonsense, it sort of desensitizes you.
I feel very little compassion or sadness for these people...its almost a self fulfilling prophecy for detroiters.
real truth

Clarkston, MI

#5 Jun 2, 2009
this is mostly directed to truth be told. without knowing any of the details you assume that the victim was responsible for what happened to him. not to have compassion for another human who has suffered an injury is sad in itself. i feel sorry for you
curious george

Lakeland, MI

#6 Jun 2, 2009
Was Dick Cheney in Detroit when this shooting occurred?
Hooper

United States

#7 Jun 2, 2009
Detroit is only going to get worse. Detroit was a city where guys getting out of high school could reasonably expect that they'd be working in a job that paid well enough for them to buy a house and a wife (LOL) the day after graduation (or the day after they dropped out.) Now, thanks to the affordability of Chinese slave labor, those days are gone. The present group of 16-18 year old males is looking at some pretty bleak prospects, especially if they can't afford college. Home ownership and marriage are now beyond permanently beyond the reach of a very large swath of that group... unless they rob, steal, trade in contraband and murder their way into the the middle class, just like every other economically disadvantaged group has done since the inception of this country.
Xanadu

Gaylord, MI

#8 Jun 2, 2009
Ah c'mon Hooper - now it's the automotive industries fault.

There are many unmarried that have children and that began WAY before the economic downturn.

Gee, try another 'excuse'...that one sucks.
just looking

Mount Holly, NJ

#9 Jun 2, 2009
the fact that most of them have six brothers with six different last names a mother who is a hooker and a junkie and six fathers who are not around and expect the state to pay for their kids has nothing to do with it right?
just looking

Mount Holly, NJ

#10 Jun 2, 2009
but it's ok it's just blacks killing blacks this of it as birth control
TruthBeTold

Farmington, MI

#11 Jun 2, 2009
real truth wrote:
this is mostly directed to truth be told. without knowing any of the details you assume that the victim was responsible for what happened to him. not to have compassion for another human who has suffered an injury is sad in itself. i feel sorry for you
18 years old...lives in Detroit...drive by shooting....random??? I highly doubt it!
The truth is...the shooting was sparked off by a fight that this innocent angel of a thug was involved in...and I am sure there was more to it than that as well.

You need a little REALism there realtruth
Runny

Kansas City, MO

#12 Jun 3, 2009
TruthBeTold wrote:
<quoted text>18 years old...lives in Detroit...drive by shooting....random??? I highly doubt it!
The truth is...the shooting was sparked off by a fight that this innocent angel of a thug was involved in...and I am sure there was more to it than that as well.
You need a little REALism there realtruth
Oh please,give me a break.....lol
TruthBeTold

Farmington, MI

#13 Jun 3, 2009
Runny wrote:
<quoted text>Oh please,give me a break.....lol
Whaaaaat????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Ilg17 20,979
News Rock Financial's David Hall Leaves Lender (Dec '07) 10 hr Patrick 35
News Security Guard's Home Reportedly Searched In Mi... 14 hr Noniggs 23
News What can $80K buy you in Detroit? 18 hr Negroes r chimps 2
News Another Detroit area doctor charged in female g... 18 hr Saw 2
News Owner accused of selling drugs at party story (Oct '09) 23 hr Grace55 188
Slop your Hogs again God!!! Apr 25 clueless spam nuts 2

Highland Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Highland Park Mortgages