New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Created by Top Mod2 on Sep 13, 2010

3,691 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#18458 Apr 3, 2013
Despite fierce Democrat opposition, Republicans passed constitutional amendments banning slavery, extending the Bill of Rights to the states, guaranteeing equal protection of the laws and due process to all citizens, and extending the right to vote to persons of all races and backgrounds.

Republicans in Congress also enacted the nation’s first-ever Civil Rights Act, which extended citizenship and equal rights to people of all races, all colors, and all creeds.In 1875, the Republicans expanded these protections to give all citizens the right of equal access to all public accommodations. Struck down by the Supreme Court eight years later, this landmark legislation would be reborn as the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Republicans led the fight for women’s rights, and most suffragists were Republicans. In fact, Susan B. Anthony bragged about how, after voting (illegally) in 1872, she had voted a straight Republican ticket. The suffragists included two African-American women who were also co-founders of the NAACP: Ida Wells and Mary Terrell, great Republicans, both of them.

Location hidden

#18459 Apr 3, 2013
In 2004, America marked the 50th anniversary of the modern civil rights movement, which began with the Brown v. Board of Education Supreme Court decision. That landmark decision was written by Chief Justice Earl Warren, the three-term Republican Governor of California appointed by Republican President Dwight Eisenhower. The author of Brown was also the 1948 Republican vice presidential nominee.

Three years after Brown, President Eisenhower won passage of his landmark Civil Rights Act of 1957. Republican Senator Everett Dirksen authored and introduced the 1960 Civil Rights Act, and saw it through to passage. Republicans supported the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act overwhelmingly, and by much higher percentages in both House and Senate than the Democrats. Indeed, the 1964 Civil Rights Act became law only after overcoming a Democrat filibuster.
De Odumbo Conser

Matawan, NJ

#18460 Apr 3, 2013
De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
Next you will want us to believe he was a Dixiecrat and a Klansman, the fact is he was a registered Republican. Personally, I always vote in private, and so did Dr. King. But that's right, democrats know everything, thanks for the laugh.
False:

http://www.politifact.com/tennessee/statement...
De Odumbo Conser

Matawan, NJ

#18461 Apr 3, 2013
De Oppresso Liber wrote:
In 2004, America marked the 50th anniversary of the modern civil rights movement, which began with the Brown v. Board of Education Supreme Court decision. That landmark decision was written by Chief Justice Earl Warren, the three-term Republican Governor of California appointed by Republican President Dwight Eisenhower. The author of Brown was also the 1948 Republican vice presidential nominee.
Three years after Brown, President Eisenhower won passage of his landmark Civil Rights Act of 1957. Republican Senator Everett Dirksen authored and introduced the 1960 Civil Rights Act, and saw it through to passage. Republicans supported the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act overwhelmingly, and by much higher percentages in both House and Senate than the Democrats. Indeed, the 1964 Civil Rights Act became law only after overcoming a Democrat filibuster.
Aw, look who can copy and paste. How cute!

Location hidden

#18462 Apr 3, 2013
De Odumbo Conser wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh, that's curious, because Ronald Reagan, the conservative deity, tripled the national debt in 8 years. Hell, this country didn't even HAVE a national debt (for all intents and purposes) until President "I don't recall" took office. Then Bill Clinton produces a surplus (this will be funny watching you say he doesn't get the credit, when in the same breath you give all the blame for the current deficits to Obama), and Curious George comes along with the rest of the fiscal conservatives, and turns a $250,000,000,000 surplus into a $1,700,000,000,000 in 8 years, and somehow it's all Obama's fault?
Classic. God you're a moron.
Through rigorous enforcement of housing mandates such as the Community Reinvestment Act, and by prodding mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to make loans to people with lower credit scores (and to buy loans that had been made by banks and, later,“innovators” like Countrywide).

The Housing Department was Fannie and Freddie’s top regulator — and under Cuomo the mortgage giants were forced to start ramping up programs to issue more subprime loans to the riskiest of borrowers.
De Odumbo Conser

Matawan, NJ

#18463 Apr 3, 2013
De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
That is about as clever as you can get, how sophmoric.
Funny how stupid your post was, huh? I thought so, too.

Location hidden

#18464 Apr 3, 2013
The bottom line is that the signature achievement of the Clinton years (the surplus) turns out to have been a deep negative. For this drag on GDP was being counterbalanced by low household savings, high household debt, and the real revving up of the Fannie and Freddie debt boom that had a major hand in fueling the boom that ultimately led to the downfall of the economy.

And that brings up a broader question that people who advocate balanced budgets must answer.

Despite the budget surplus, interest rates were higher. And the surplus provided no protection of the coming slump. And if anything, it just weakened the most brittle part of the economy: households.

Furthermore, there is a pattern of this.

Japan ran a budget surplus in the year right before its economy went into terminal decline.
De Odumbo Conser

Matawan, NJ

#18465 Apr 3, 2013
De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
Through rigorous enforcement of housing mandates such as the Community Reinvestment Act, and by prodding mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to make loans to people with lower credit scores (and to buy loans that had been made by banks and, later,“innovators” like Countrywide).
The Housing Department was Fannie and Freddie’s top regulator — and under Cuomo the mortgage giants were forced to start ramping up programs to issue more subprime loans to the riskiest of borrowers.
Are you capable of anything other than copying and pasting?

A) Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac don't make loans.

B) There is no such thing as the "Housing Department".

Any other idiotic drivel you can find on the interwebs?

Location hidden

#18466 Apr 3, 2013
De Odumbo Conser wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how stupid your post was, huh? I thought so, too.
You don't comprehend very well, do you?

Location hidden

#18467 Apr 3, 2013
With colleges producing more graduates, and youth unemployment at a sky-high 11.5 percent, even landing a job selling Big Macs is getting competitive.

Consider: A job opening at a Massachusetts McDonald's for a full-time cashier requires one to two years experience and a bachelor's degree.

"Get a weekly paycheck with a side order of food, folks and fun," offered McDonalds.

Welcome to the obama economy graduates.

Location hidden

#18468 Apr 3, 2013
Fannie Mae is a government-sponsored enterprise (GSE) chartered by Congress to keep liquidity flowing to mortgage lenders such as local and national banks, thrifts, credit unions, and other financial institutions. We purchase and guarantee their loans to enable families to buy homes, refinance their existing mortgages, or access affordable rental housing. We package loans into Fannie Mae mortgage backed securities (MBS), which global investors can purchase.

You can't argue substance, so you argue minutia and semantics.

This is a waste of time.
De Odumbo Conser

Matawan, NJ

#18469 Apr 3, 2013
De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't comprehend very well, do you?
Actually I do. My post was a parrot of your post to show how idiotic your post was. I wrote the same thing you did, you said what I wrote was stupid, ergo...

Boy you're fun to play with.
De Odumbo Conser

Matawan, NJ

#18470 Apr 3, 2013
De Oppresso Liber wrote:
Fannie Mae is a government-sponsored enterprise (GSE) chartered by Congress to keep liquidity flowing to mortgage lenders such as local and national banks, thrifts, credit unions, and other financial institutions. We purchase and guarantee their loans to enable families to buy homes, refinance their existing mortgages, or access affordable rental housing. We package loans into Fannie Mae mortgage backed securities (MBS), which global investors can purchase.
This is a waste of time.
You aren't telling me anything I didn't already say. Fannie Mae DOES. NOT. MAKE. LOANS. That's not semantics.

You lose again.
De Odumbo Conser

Matawan, NJ

#18471 Apr 3, 2013
De Oppresso Liber wrote:
This is a waste of time.
See, just to reinforce what a moron you are, let's review:
De Oppresso Liber wrote:
by prodding mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to make loans to people with lower credit scores
Fail. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac DO. NOT. MAKE. LOANS.

You can't even copy and paste a decent idea. You make me sad.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#18472 Apr 3, 2013
The Associated Press [AP] has announced they will no longer use the term "Illegal Alien", they will replace it with "undocumented democrat".

Location hidden

#18473 Apr 3, 2013
De Odumbo Conser wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I do. My post was a parrot of your post to show how idiotic your post was. I wrote the same thing you did, you said what I wrote was stupid, ergo...
You are a good little parrot, you replaced republican with democrat, absolutely genius, LMAO.

Location hidden

#18474 Apr 3, 2013
De Odumbo Conser wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you play with yourself alot?

Location hidden

#18475 Apr 3, 2013
De Odumbo Conser wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't telling me anything I didn't already say. Fannie Mae DOES. NOT. MAKE. LOANS. That's not semantics.
You lose again.
He didn't say that was semantics, it was a required illustration for a moron like you, you're probably the only one that doesn't understand it, you and obama. You clowns couldn't run a lemonade stand, and if obama did, it would be his first real job.
X MAN

Massena, NY

#18476 Apr 3, 2013
Why do you keeping asking about who your going to vote for? Who gives a sht who wins they are all crooked so who cares,

Location hidden

#18477 Apr 3, 2013
De Odumbo Conser wrote:
<quoted text>
See, just to reinforce what a moron you are, let's review:
<quoted text>
Fail. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac DO. NOT. MAKE. LOANS.
You can't even copy and paste a decent idea. You make me sad.
It's obvious what he said, and everyone knows the history of the CRA, that they were forced to guarantee the loans, otherwise they wouldn't have been made in the first place. Do you understand what collateralized debt obligations are? Do you know what credit default swaps are for collateralized debt obligations? Did you know that speculators could buy credit default swaps with AIG against CDOs they didn't own and that they could insure them by paying AIG quarterly premiums if the CDOs went under, that AIG had to pay everybody including speculators?

Well do you, punk?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Most Recent Comment 22 hr 143yorkiepoo 3
3 Dutchess men face assault charges (Jan '12) Oct 19 yolanda 9
Chirlane McCray Becomes Only First Lady to Atte... Oct 16 ncrespi 4
Al Sharpton: Obama's Racial Pyromaniac Oct 9 Swedenforever 86
KONG CORP. Issues dog toy recall Sep 29 KONG CORP 1
12 New Places to Try for Your Next Great Pizza ... Sep 27 pizza 1
KONG CORP. Issues dog toy recall Sep 27 KONG CORP 1

Highland News Video

Highland Dating
Find my Match