Wickham House Echo Lake West Milford ...

Wickham House Echo Lake West Milford 1855

Posted in the Highland Lakes Forum

jack k

Saint James, NY

#1 Nov 5, 2013
Always facinated by local WM history...is this the only pic of the boarding house you have?
MrDoughnut

AOL

#2 Jun 4, 2014
jack k wrote:
Always facinated by local WM history...is this the only pic of the boarding house you have?
Jack K:

The Boarding house was posted on a thread discussing the Wickham family. The photo was also posted by a column writer on NorthJersey.com

George Wickham who had owned the property is my ancestor.

1George Wickham , Father of John Wickham and William Wickham.
2John Wickham
3Charles E Wickham
4William H Wickham
5My Dad
6 Me!

Though William H Wickham died while my father was young. William's wife was my Grand Mother who stayed at our house while my mother was pregnant with my sister. Mulvena
( Williams wife) baby sat my brother and I. Mulvena died about a few months later.
Jackinjersey

Lanoka Harbor, NJ

#3 Feb 22, 2015
MrDoughnut wrote:
<quoted text>
Jack K:
The Boarding house was posted on a thread discussing the Wickham family. The photo was also posted by a column writer on NorthJersey.com
George Wickham who had owned the property is my ancestor.
1George Wickham , Father of John Wickham and William Wickham.
2John Wickham
3Charles E Wickham
4William H Wickham
5My Dad
6 Me!
Though William H Wickham died while my father was young. William's wife was my Grand Mother who stayed at our house while my mother was pregnant with my sister. Mulvena
( Williams wife) baby sat my brother and I. Mulvena died about a few months later.
Then we are cousins. William Wickham was my gg grandfather. David was my g grandfather Paul was my grandfather then John my father and then me. My uncle Charles Wickham has a couple of glass negatives from the late 1890s when the picture posted was taken. I believe that your grandfather hired the photographer who took the pictures. My great uncle.. Celestine (Les) Wickham lived with your granfather at the end of WW I. I think it was Windy Brow Farm.
mgerarde

Lynchburg, VA

#4 Jul 1, 2015
Jackinjersey wrote:
<quoted text>
Then we are cousins. William Wickham was my gg grandfather. David was my g grandfather Paul was my grandfather then John my father and then me. My uncle Charles Wickham has a couple of glass negatives from the late 1890s when the picture posted was taken. I believe that your grandfather hired the photographer who took the pictures. My great uncle.. Celestine (Les) Wickham lived with your granfather at the end of WW I. I think it was Windy Brow Farm.
I**********
I am just beginning to research my Wickham family. David was also my GGgrandfather Louis was my grandfather . As a child we would go visit Echo Lake and attend Church at St Joseph's. I also remember visiting my father's (Louis B) uncles, Paul and Les....happy memories
MrDoughnut

AOL

#5 Mar 9, 2016
mgerarde wrote:
<quoted text>
I**********
I am just beginning to research my Wickham family. David was also my GGgrandfather Louis was my grandfather . As a child we would go visit Echo Lake and attend Church at St Joseph's. I also remember visiting my father's (Louis B) uncles, Paul and Les....happy memories
You are probably related to Robert E Lee's family, the Carters,Hills,Taylor's,Wickham 's as I am.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Lakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scoops on Football: Dransfield steps down at We... (May '12) May 24 diana diiorio 8
Legends Resort (Jan '06) May 2 Paul S 3,058
RV parked in 23 Rest Area by Echo Lk Rd for weeks (Mar '09) Mar '18 Aldo 10
News New Sussex Symphony announces concert Mar '18 Irritated 1
News Business people see 'high times' ahead if NJ le... Feb '18 easystreet100 2
Gas leak Jan '18 fiteme 2
corrupt vernon police (Jan '07) Jan '18 Jim 27

Highland Lakes Jobs

Personal Finance

Highland Lakes Mortgages