Vernon residents stoked over sewer ra...

Vernon residents stoked over sewer rate hikes

There are 23 comments on the New Jersey Herald story from Aug 19, 2012, titled Vernon residents stoked over sewer rate hikes. In it, New Jersey Herald reports that:

Furious over sewer fees that have more than doubled, residents of Great Gorge Village are planning to pack tonight's meeting of the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New Jersey Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
joe citizen

Ridgewood, NJ

#1 Aug 20, 2012
In the end, we will get screwwed.
rss

Parsippany, NJ

#2 Aug 20, 2012
Go to the town meeting. It is tonight at 7 at the municipal building. Comet has a lawyer trying to sort it out.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#3 Aug 21, 2012
rss wrote:
Go to the town meeting. It is tonight at 7 at the municipal building. Comet has a lawyer trying to sort it out.
Which means Comet will raise there mx fees 25% next year to pay for that lawyer they had on retainer (who will ultimately do nothing)
lol

Parsippany, NJ

#4 Aug 21, 2012
I get it your pissed. So are 1400 other people. The meeting last night conveyed just that. Many people said just what you have.... We are not paying, put a lien on wherever you want, and VTMUA is going to be a big property owner in GGV because no one gives a shit anyway.... The community was giving the floor to speak for more than 45 minutes. Most of which was used by community members to state present their anger. As well as uncover many finding and corruption against one of the board members in particular. The VTMUA panel was left without a leg to stand on with their mouths shut... I believe you will be seeing news shortly uncovering a lot of corrupt dealings as a result of GGV staying united and uncovering this injustice. As well as comet getting a lawyer to handle this matter. Im normally not optimistic about things like this.. But everything is heading in a good direction..
GGV resident

Newton, NJ

#5 Aug 21, 2012
What meeting were you at? Most made fools of themselves, the few that didn't mostly showed their ignorance. It was a sad display.
lol

Franklin, NJ

#6 Aug 21, 2012
Fools?? because someone on social security can't afford the increase. Or tenants who have children getting ready to go back to school now have a 840 dollar unexpected bill. Or because the town is ass backward and was called out on its lies. The only foolthere apparently is sitting behind your keyboard.
Great Gorge condo owner

Hawthorne, NJ

#8 Aug 22, 2012
Maybe the above GGV Resident was indeed at an entirely different meeting or didn't really go at all. The people who spoke not only had all their facts in order but put the town representatives exposed and on the spot, much to the dismay of the town lawyer. Our speakers elicited the answer "I have no answer for that question, but we will investigate it" said with red faces. So please don't insult the people whe got up there and spoke on the GGV behalf, A lot of the answers were quite enlightening and thought prevoking.
GGV resident

Newton, NJ

#9 Aug 22, 2012
So you excuse that they did not know the forming of an MUA was discussed over a prolonged period as was the purchase of the sewers? I suggest you listen to the taping where many claimed not to read newspapers, go to any meetings or know anything before the bill arrived. As to being put on the spot, volunteer to be on a committee and help the Town and you will see how difficult it is especially when people are not prepared to listen anyway. As I said, sad display and lowlifes were much in evidence, and yes I was there and listened, sad though if you were that you only heard what you wanted to hear.
joecitizen

Ridgewood, NJ

#10 Aug 22, 2012
low lifes or not, the fact is we are getting screwed and someone has to stand up and fight.
People did not thow there cost would double. You count on a town or government not to screw you over like what is happening. The cost to live or have a second home there is out of hand. something does not seam to write. loss of words how something can double and also how they expect you to pay the bill in weeks. most people in the village don't have extra funds to just give to the town. ridiculous.
OK, I get it, you don't like the low lifes, get over it.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#11 Aug 22, 2012
GGV resident wrote:
So you excuse that they did not know the forming of an MUA was discussed over a prolonged period as was the purchase of the sewers? I suggest you listen to the taping where many claimed not to read newspapers, go to any meetings or know anything before the bill arrived. As to being put on the spot, volunteer to be on a committee and help the Town and you will see how difficult it is especially when people are not prepared to listen anyway. As I said, sad display and lowlifes were much in evidence, and yes I was there and listened, sad though if you were that you only heard what you wanted to hear.
When GGV resident walks into the municipal building he is introduced as "a friend of ours".....

If you didn't get the reference, it means your connected to the corruption.
GGV resident

Newton, NJ

#12 Aug 22, 2012
Read the meeting minutes, nobody knew what the costs would end up being. Also to say the costs double is certainly not true for everybody either. Apart from anything else United Water had a large increase pending that you are ignoring. I am not saying that something is not amiss but the approach of most of the residents who spoke was inappropriate and was hardly likely to win anyone over and make them want to address it.

As to corruption, make and substantiate that claim when not hiding and I might think you do not deserve the moniker lowlife.
GGVV

Sussex, NJ

#13 Aug 22, 2012
For some good into try on F.B. Great Gorge Village Voice.
GGVV

Sussex, NJ

#14 Aug 22, 2012
joe citizen wrote:
In the end, we will get screwwed.
Will and did and will be no end.
GGVV

Sussex, NJ

#15 Aug 22, 2012
One idea show up to meetings.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#16 Aug 23, 2012
GGV resident wrote:

As to corruption, make and substantiate that claim when not hiding and I might think you do not deserve the moniker lowlife.
ROFL, so now there is no corruption in that town? Corruption in Vernon is analogous to steriods in baseball circa 2002. Everyone knows its going on, nobody is doing anything about it. The new sewer tax is a ruse to skirt the 2% property tax limits. Just create a separate "Authority" that not a "tax". The $ is fungible as soon as it flows into the towns bank accounts. You really needed town corruption explained to you? What a joke, you belong in GGV....
lol

Parsippany, NJ

#17 Aug 23, 2012
GGV resident wrote:
Read the meeting minutes, nobody knew what the costs would end up being. Also to say the costs double is certainly not true for everybody either. Apart from anything else United Water had a large increase pending that you are ignoring. I am not saying that something is not amiss but the approach of most of the residents who spoke was inappropriate and was hardly likely to win anyone over and make them want to address it.
As to corruption, make and substantiate that claim when not hiding and I might think you do not deserve the moniker lowlife.
What you don't understand... Is that not a single person on this forum cares what you think. You just keep handling things how you have your whole life. Nice big smile in the front, while taking it in the back... If the financial hardship of a GGV offends you in anyway then by all means please keep quiet and just pay the bill like a good little robot.
GGV resident

Newton, NJ

#18 Aug 23, 2012
Very clear all you are not interested in trying to be rational. Does it give you a thrill to try and shout down everybody else or try and deny them the right to give an opinion. Were you one of the lowlife loudmouths at the meeting? The sad part is that your ravings will only potentially reduce the cooperation needed to fix this mess and dramatically increase the legal costs we will all incur.
lol

Parsippany, NJ

#19 Aug 23, 2012
You will pay the bill while others maybe cannot. You will watch the GGV community you live in get worse than it currently is. Local businesses will close. Then you will be on here complaining how many lowlifes are squatting near your residence and the community is empty and going down the drain. At least you will have kept quiet and dignified during this process. Good luck to you..
GGV resident

Newton, NJ

#20 Aug 23, 2012
Who said I was keeping quiet, quite the opposite. Running around like a headless chicken squawking there must be corruption without a shred of proof is hardly likely to endear or achieve anything and that is all you appear to be doing. Further, in all honesty do you believe the businesses that will be forced to close down over $500pa were ever what Vernon wanted or needed or even more unfortunately, what was intended when the sewers were planned? Brutal reality hits and I am sorry for that, but no way, no how.

If you did any research or read what is being offered between your ranting on various sites, you would see the fault lies with SCMUA and the charging for the full allocation regardless of usage within Vernon yet still you want charges based on usage. That is the game changer far more that the forming of the Vernon MUA or the subsequent purchase of the system. Not only are you raving at the wrong bunch of Commissioners, You further have no clue how to build a sound business model based on the information but rather whine about what is fair and what you can afford, sorry pal, life is not fair. You will be the one shafted unless you try to be part of the solution rather than the problem. To do that you need to come up with a model that will work or change the dynamics by addressing the party that can help.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#21 Aug 23, 2012
GGV resident wrote:
Very clear all you are not interested in trying to be rational. Does it give you a thrill to try and shout down everybody else or try and deny them the right to give an opinion. Were you one of the lowlife loudmouths at the meeting? The sad part is that your ravings will only potentially reduce the cooperation needed to fix this mess and dramatically increase the legal costs we will all incur.
At least we can agree on a couple things. attending a "meeting" and ranting about costs, blah blah blah always falls on deaf ears. Its not going to make one lick of difference.*Best case* the VTMUA lowers the bill a little for the first 1-2 years then gradually increases the rate as they see fit nder some kind of step up program. Some people will think that this is somehow ok and fork over the $. The only solution is to fight back and refuse to pay any of the bills. fuck em. Legal costs will dramatically increase yes, the few suckers that are left paying will have to carry them. GGV is dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Lakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vernon is off to good start. Looking forward to... Jun 21 Guest 1
News Vernon dismantles Environmental Jun 21 Guest 1
RV parked in 23 Rest Area by Echo Lk Rd for weeks (Mar '09) Jun 16 Bill 8
News West Milford man found shot in his backyard (Jun '10) May '16 BoBo Brazil 8
Legends Resort (Jan '06) May '16 Ladeda 2,826
News 21-year-old admits sex with girl, 15 (Mar '14) Apr '16 Nightrob 5
News West Milford representatives reject local Scout... Apr '16 Sneaky Pete 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Highland Lakes Mortgages