BEWARE: Delta on 515 in Vernon fills you up without permission!!

Posted in the Highland Lakes Forum

Concerned resident

Warwick, NY

#1 May 14, 2013
I asked for $20 regular, credit. The attendant asked me, "$20 regular cash or credit?" I repeated,$20 credit. Then I accidentally gave him my blue supermarket card instead of my blue credit card. He came back & said 'This card doesn't work." Of course it doesn't work, it's a supermarket savings club card.

I gave him the correct card & turned to silence my ringing cell phone. He mumbled something as he walked off & I assumed he was talking into the bluetooth on his ear. After a few minutes I turned to see what was taking so long & was shocked to see that I had been charged $52.54 instead of $20! I asked the attendant what he did & he replied:

"I asked you if you wanted it filled & you were texting or something and not paying attention, you should have paid attention." ?!?

I ALREADY TOLD HIM I WANTED $20 CREDIT!! Why would he ask me if I wanted it filled up?

We called the police and spoke to the owner & both said they could do nothing for us. They would not take back the gas & the owner did nothing to the employee who obviously swindled me because ' I was not paying close enough attention"

Make sure you are paying close attention when getting gas at this gas station or they will fill you up & then blame you for it.
Metoo

Sussex, NJ

#2 May 14, 2013
Also had trouble with this station on 515. They were advertising a price for cash and one for credit. The pumps were pumping at the credit price only. So whether you were a cash customer or credit, you were being charged the credit price. Reported it to Weights & Measures. The Delta station on Rt. 23 by the Wantage Plaza is also owned by the same people.
lol

Far Hills, NJ

#3 May 15, 2013
A friend of mine had to get towed after filling up at the delta in wantage. There was water in the gas and his engine stalled.. Again same thing police did nothing and he got no money back. Also check out the car wash at the wantage Delta NOTHING works in it and they will not give you a refund. Maybe they wash their camels with no soap, but its kind of needed to clean your vehicle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Lakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Comet Management (Nov '06) Feb 23 GGV 322
Wickham House Echo Lake West Milford 1855 (Nov '13) Feb 22 Jackinjersey 3
Review: Viridian Energy - Marketing (Aug '10) Feb 18 Fluffy 231
advoserv (Mar '10) Feb 16 Anonymous 449
Sussex County Prosecutor's Office Feb 5 sadvernonresident 1
Rajputs are illegitimate sons of kshatriya (Dec '11) Jan '15 Chouhan 78
In Vernon students collaborate on school photog... Jan '15 Zach 1

Highland Lakes News Video

Highland Lakes Dating
Find my Match