Aim Vernon: The Thumbs Tell It, April 16

Apr 16, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: North Jersey Media Group

Thumbs Down to the person in my neighborhood who has nothing better to do than complain about othersa dogs.

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Feb 24, 2011
Sigh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2010

Judged:

Well, it all depends on what they are complaining about. Do you walk your dog on a leash or allow it to roam? It's a law you know.... Do you keep your dog from barking obsessively at any point of the day? Especially at night.... It's a law you know..... Not sure what's going on in your case but owners who allow their dogs to do either thing should be fined AND don't really care about the safety of their pet NOR do they have any respect for their neighbors.
Holy Moses

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

Judged:

Sigh wrote:
Well, it all depends on what they are complaining about. Do you walk your dog on a leash or allow it to roam? It's a law you know.... Do you keep your dog from barking obsessively at any point of the day? Especially at night.... It's a law you know..... Not sure what's going on in your case but owners who allow their dogs to do either thing should be fined AND don't really care about the safety of their pet NOR do they have any respect for their neighbors.
LOL. I completely know where you are coming from. It's out of control how people have no respect for the leash law. They must think they are above it... come to think about it.... what does the Animal Control do about it? Nothing. Don't waste your call on the police either. They won't respond.
Holly

Kunkletown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

I agree.
Ramona

Yonkers, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Whatever
Carol Vernon NJ

Blairstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Judged:

We got new neighbors about 2 years ago who have several dogs. They built a big fenced in yard and leave their dogs out 24/7. They bark on and off all day and night. These people work all day and run their air when it's hot so they don't have to listen to it. They have no consideration for any of their neighbors, some have babies, another works the night shift and it disturbs the whole neighbor! Haven't called the cops yet but I think I will be soon.
Hopeful Exodus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

Carol Vernon NJ wrote:
We got new neighbors about 2 years ago who have several dogs. They built a big fenced in yard and leave their dogs out 24/7. They bark on and off all day and night. These people work all day and run their air when it's hot so they don't have to listen to it. They have no consideration for any of their neighbors, some have babies, another works the night shift and it disturbs the whole neighbor! Haven't called the cops yet but I think I will be soon.
Good luck! Calling the Vernon Police about such things will only put you on the "not so important" "they are a nuisance" list. They won't help. Call the Sheriff's office. They really help. One other thing. If you start calling the Animal Control in Vernon please keep record on your calander every time you call. When you need a record of how many times you are bothered they will tell you that since you don't remember when you called and they can't help you. Useless Vernon offices.... useless.... Don't call the zoning office either. They tell you that they have already ticketed that person for garbage all over the street and junk all over the yard but when you finally can't take seeing the crap anymore and you go to the town and ask about these "tickets" or whatever they are called, there really weren't any.... Vernon Governmental offices simply want to not do a thing. Useless.
Jim Bob

Lincoln Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

I second the motion!!
Mary Ellen

Yonkers, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

Judged:

I second that emotion.
Ho Hum

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Judged:

I third that emotion.
grumpy but frank

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

If you really have tried to get satisfaction and nothing worked including the cops and trying to talk to these idiots....soak a sponge in bacon grease, cut it up and toss the pieces into their yard......the dogs will die but you'll have the quite you seek....until the morons buy another pet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Highland Lakes Discussions

Search the Highland Lakes Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Grannie Jul 29 amanuenses 2
Legends Resort (Jan '06) Jul 28 Tom M 2,803
girls from vths dies in town; but, does anyone ... (Mar '12) Jul 17 Philip Metz 17
Passaic County Sheriff: 3 charged in drug bust ... Jul 12 foolsgold 1
West Milford Hewitt Newfoundland NJ Jun '14 donnacook66 1
Paterson drug dealer gets 7 years in prison for... Jun '14 gnome 3
Rajputs are illegitimate sons of kshatriya (Dec '11) Jun '14 raghavendra rajbhar 75
•••
•••

Highland Lakes News Video

•••
Highland Lakes Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Highland Lakes Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••