Interval Realty Services
Pam

Littleton, CO

#83 Nov 12, 2007
What ever Bryan - you work for them and you are in the same town - duh - "Don't bash them too hard!!"
Kevin

Warwick, RI

#84 Nov 17, 2007
We are owners at Star Island in Florida. We were guaranteed that our time share would be rented and believed the hype as well. We were told that it would be a matter of weeks before we would see a check for $1200.00 - I knew it was too good to be true. Each time we called back to get status it was the same old run around "it has not been requested.
Then low and behold- literally MONTHS later we get another solicitation call asking us to use their service... DUH- they did not even know we had already been taken to the cleaners. The rep apologized and told us several things about the company. Unfortunately nothing positive or good has resulted.
The only thing positive is the attorney general emailed us and are investigating this company as we speak and put us in touch with several other agencies. It will not be too long before you see a class action suit against Interval Realty Services. One of the telemarketers confessed to my wife that she feels sick to her stomach of some of the tactics they use and is quitting. I am sure they have a huge turnover. By the way- for whatever reasons, Adams email keeps kicking back our emails to him. WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK ADAM!
Below is helpful information and the response given. They are taking this very seriously!
Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum has received your email regarding
your concerns with Interval Realty Services.
Attorney General McCollum
asked that we respond.
This office uses complaints such as yours to develop information about
patterns of questionable business activities. If we discover a pattern,
what originated as a private dispute between buyer and seller may become a
matter of broad public interest and thus warrant the Attorney General's
intervention under the state's consumer protection laws. We will keep your
correspondence for future reference. Please note that our office does not
mediate individual consumer complaints.
Consumer information about timeshare resales is available on our website
at:
http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/4492d797d... !OpenDocument
and on the Department of Business and Professional Regulation's website
at:
http://www.myflorida.com/dbpr/lsc/timeshare.h...
http://www.myflorida.com/dbpr/lsc/LSCMHTimesh...
You may also wish to contact the Florida Department of Agriculture and
Consumer Services, Division of Consumer Services (DACS), the state
clearinghouse for consumer complaints that also has a voluntary mediation
program to assist individual consumers. You may contact DACS online at:
http://www.800helpfla.com/
Or by mail at: 2005 Apalachee Parkway, Tallahassee, Florida 32399.

In addition, you may wish to contact the following consumer agencies:
BBB of Central Florida (serving Winter Park, Orlando, Altamonte Springs
areas)

(toll-free in FL only)
Internet: www.orlando.bbb.org
Orange County Consumer Office - Phone:
Internet: www.orangecountyfl.net/Dept/Fraud/default.htm
Adam Wroblewski

United States

#85 Nov 27, 2007
Kevin,

I don't know why the emails are getting kicked back to you; maybe you’re using the wrong email address. Let me clarify it with you, [email protected] If you send me an email personally, I'll me more than happy to look into your particulars and discuss what or what does not warrant a refund.

Let me clarify another thing for you. On occasion a duplicate list of property information is given to representatives in which they have already been called. I apologize for that and obviously per your letter so did the representative who contacted you. You have to understand the information that is public record and available through many bureaus including brokers sometimes gets duplicated by them, so no, we don't always know that we are calling clients if a different primary number is used from the broker acquiring the information during the procurement. Again, we apologize.

Another thing Kevin, once again I do not teach, accept or tolerate deceptive sales practices. There is a fine line here and its a line that my reps dare do not cross. "One of the telemarketers confessed to my wife that she feels sick to her stomach of some of the tactics they use and is quitting" I would love to know who that person is so I can verify the validity of that claim, do you have a name? I call fallacy on this for the simple fact that all of my representatives are enlightened to the legal ramifications associated with crossing the line. There is a high level of checks and balances involved with any product sales and service and I play an integral role in ensuring the integrity of the product as well as the salesperson that represents it.

We make it very clear to any and all customers and clients that we will do what it takes to satisfy and market their properties per the parameters of their contracts and provide the best light at the end of the tunnel and the best bang for the buck. As you know timeshare or any property for that matter is a difficult to move right now, please be patient and understand that we value your business as well as that patience.

Please contact me if you would like to discuss this further.

Regards,

Adam Wroblewski
Mac

Phoenix, AZ

#86 Dec 17, 2007
Dear Kevin -

I sure would like to have dialogue with you away from this site about Interval Realty Services. I too, am in a negative situation with them and would truly like to help take whatever legal ramifications we can to pursue their practices.

If you could email me at: [email protected], I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,
Paul

Kenora, Canada

#87 Dec 18, 2007
I had the misfortune of also deling with these people. A rep by the name of Amy Evens called me about 20 times because they really needed my property for a show.
She had to have my credit card info to put on a contract for me to sign. The next thing I new my card was charged. I have called them numerous times and left messages asking for my money back. The receptionist promises that someone will respond to me but no one ever has.

My advice would be to slam down the reciever when this company calls with their scams.
Adam Wroblewski

United States

#88 Dec 19, 2007
Paul,

Like I stated in many of my previous postings, call me so I can rectify any issues you have. If you have not signed and returned any paperwork you are entitled to a full refund. Please email me or contact me so I can take care of it but saying that our company call with "scams" is entirely incorrect. Where is the basis of this assumption? Please let me know, [email protected] .

Adam Wroblewski
Jeff

Detroit, MI

#89 Jan 12, 2008
All, thank you for your reports. Interval Realty has now changed their name to Interval Property Management with the exact same tactics as all of these posts have mentioned. In addition to trying to have me sign up for an upcoming showing, I have checked their website and noticed 105 offerings from the same resort. Why are they making these promises if they have so much stock of the same type of units? Why have they changed their name but same address? Why are they making promises which obviously they cannot deliver? I believe it is because it is a SCAM! Thank you all for your postings. I hope everyone is aware now that they have an almost identical website at WWW.intervalproperty.com .

By the way, it seems that A. Wroblewski never responded to the question regarding his military background. I would be curious if this was a lie as well.
E Montoute

United States

#90 Feb 22, 2008
I am glad that I found this site. Laurie has been hounding for the past week. I just checked my cell phones history and she has called me 6 times in under 4 days. I can't believe that I was atually considering allowing them to sell my property ....

Adam could you do me a favor and take me off of the call list?

Thanks!
Nancy

United States

#91 May 3, 2008
Adam,

Is Interval Property Management and Interval Property Services both of Winter Park, FL affiliated?

Nancy
Britnee

Salt Lake City, UT

#92 May 14, 2008
WOW, I'm glad I did my homework! Had an agent by the name of Carmen calling me today. She was very plesant but, after reading this i'm not taking any chances.$799 is alot of money!! I'll just stick with keeping my time share and selling it on my own!
Dmk

Mcdonough, GA

#93 May 25, 2008
Unfortunately, my mother and I didn't do our homework before signing up with Interval Property Management and we are now regretting it. We sent in our signed paperwork but have not heard from or received anything from the company telling, in writing, how they work, how we can check in on our property listing or anything. We called in and they gave us the run-around, saying that we had 7 days to cancel, which has passed. I emailed Adam to say that we were concerned about his business practices and wanted our money back but have not heard back from him. Our next step is to call our credit card company and start the complaint process with them. What has happened with your case and has there actually been a class action suit filed? If so, how do we add our name to it or start our own suit? Please feel free to email me, directly. [email protected]
thank you,
Donna K.
Kamanso

United States

#94 Jun 6, 2008
Guys thank you for your feed back. We should always stick together and help each other. I just agreed to pay them to sell my resort. I haven't signed any paper, guess what I will not sign anything, and I will get my money back since I have paid yesterday, and the credit card still pending. Thank You guys for waking me up.
Wil

Charlotte, NC

#95 Jun 6, 2008
Interval Property Management has been calling me about my timeshare which is in the Smokey Mountains. During our conversation today she said that there is a need for units in Florida and in Myrtle beach. I told her that it is in Tennessee and she said yeah we have a need there also. At first I was thinking about paying the $689 with a promise of renting it for $2500 but that comment sparked my research which led me to this site. Thank you everyone for the warning! I will definitely not pay for this scam after the bad reviews.
Brian

Fishers, IN

#96 Jun 24, 2008
I too have been getting called about my property in Williamsburg. The woman even said I could do a lease/sale. They'd pay me $3500 in 30 days and my property would sell for a $10K profit in 90-120 days. But first they needed $695. I'm in the mortgage business and I know it is typical to take fees from loan proceeds. If they are promising such a profit they really should have no problem getting their money from proceeds. I am so glad I searched and found this site. My wife called Westgate properties earlier and they verified there is a serious scam going on of people paying up front fees and never hearing from the company again. Westgate advised never paying upfront fees for such services. Though they would not give the name of the company doing all the scamming. That is my 2 cents worth. Good Luck all.
Kristen

Baltimore, MD

#97 Jun 25, 2008
I was called 6 times over the last week. I talked to Christine today and almost signed for $799. I looked at their web site and noticed the listing page for renting was dated 2007. I am glad that my google search sent me to this site. I will not fall into this scam. Thanks.
Vic Lewis

Astor, FL

#98 Jul 10, 2008
I am in the real estate related business, and like many many of you, things are not looking quite as rosy as they did 3 years ago, and I had some assets to unload. I am fortunate that I had the foresight to purchase a timeshare in a desireable location, and, thanks to Mr Jackson's advice, I did not price my unit as if it were 2005, and it eventually sold. I think it was the best $695 I spent. Thanks again, Mr. Jackson.
Theo

Willemstad, Curacao

#99 Jul 24, 2008
This site is an eye opener. If IPM could sell my timeshare that fast, they could buy all the many many timeshares for sale on the internet for Westgate Lakes and sell these with a good profit. it would save IPM a lot of time and money to call us to convince us to sell through them. Sorry I don't trust this company. if IPM is confidence about their promises we can deal on a NO CURE NO PAY basis.that would be a fair deal i would sign.
mary

Loganville, GA

#100 Jul 25, 2008
Gee, thanks for this. Just got off the phone with Renee (sales mgr) and was really really close to calling back with the credit card number; then decided i'd better do some checking.... When it sounds too good to be true ... is probably the wise way to go with this. We own in Branson MO and she said they would use the week to transfer into a FL or Vegas week, no problem. Funny that I have problems getting a FL or Vegas week.
Gary

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#101 Aug 15, 2008
I too was scamed by Interval. Every time I tried to call them, I got a recording to leave a message which I did but never received a return call. I was given Intervalrealty.net as the site address but never was able to connect with them. Does anyone know their web address?
Gary

United States

#102 Aug 22, 2008
I was scamed by Interval Realty Services for $476 USD and promised by Maria Cass that my property would be sold within two weeks to two months. She was very confident and I trusted her word. With every attempt to contact her for an update, she was not available for one reason or another. I think that all of the people here that got scamed the way I did should come together and form a class action suit against Interval Realty Services. If something is not done, they will keep on scaming others. This way maybe at least some of us might get back our money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Lakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Legends Resort (Jan '06) May 17 Ladee 3,011
Planet Fitness Going In Old Staples on Route 23 (May '15) May 13 Mary 3
heroin overdoses in vernon nj (Jun '10) Apr 24 John 10
News Police: West Milford man exposed himself to juv... Apr '17 willstebs 1
Comet Management (Nov '06) Mar '17 PharmerBern 374
Taco Bell? (Apr '13) Mar '17 Skpper 10
1st grade teacher having an affair with student... (Mar '09) Mar '17 Irnwrkr 177

Highland Lakes Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Highland Lakes Mortgages