joe

Bronx, NY

#2852 Jun 20, 2014
i went to the place today and asked about a possible room for the night. the guy watching the cameras said No. you cant rent a room . I asked how are the people staying here then? He said timeshares and the 8th floor was workers from nearby company..... i greeted a man in the lobby who was exiting a room there, and i asked him how he got a room? he directed me to the front desk. i told him there were No vacancies . the guy then said to me i have no business being here if theres no vacancies and i should leave.. Somethings very odd . as i left i asked another guy who was entering if he could tell me how to get a room He said he didnt know.. What the heck is going on over there? Unfriendly guard, unfriendly vibes from the tenants....
Phoenix

Sussex, NJ

#2853 Jun 21, 2014
Know of someone who is renting a room cheap but he could be renting it from a timeshare owner. Bottom line is the place is a smelly dump.
Tom M

Ridgefield Park, NJ

#2854 Jul 28, 2014
hi out there is anyone still interested in this ongoing problem. I was raised that if you pay for something that is what you get. Well I have paid and I don't have what I paid for. Could someone just tell me if this is legal? I really think if I was selling something took the money for it and then did not deliver or hand over the item I would either be in jail or have a lawyer after me, if anyone could please tell me how to go about getting a refund I would appreciate it. Metairie corp wins when everyone just sits back.
Shelly

Boise, ID

#2855 Aug 5, 2014
Anyone trading with Interval International? Can you please tell me what needs to be done if I choose to go that route? I haven't paid my Legends fees in many years and owe about $4,500. What would I need to pay? To whom would I pay? What is the process for doing a trade with II? Do they have a website that I could see what they have available to trade for? How accessible are they to trade with? Anything else I need to know? Thank you!!!
Ladeeda

Anderson, IN

#2856 Aug 9, 2014
A few conversations are still asking about paying the maintenance fee. I stopped paying the fees years ago but every so often phone the number that is on Legends Collection bill. In 2011, I was told that the yearly fee was reduced because the renovations were never completed. For my 2BR lockout it was lowered to $430/yr. If I wanted to trade with I.I. I needed to be current and all I needed to do was pay the most recent bill of $430 and bank my Legends unit. I was able to speak with Denise when I telephone the Legends at that time. Here re the steps I took to trade with Interval Int'l.
1. Call the number on your bill Star-Island Collections and discuss this with them. I was told they do not expect payment but have to keep an accounting of the maintenance. They will give you a lower maintenance fee for the most current year. Once you pay it you are considered paid to date. Also, they will give you a name and phone number to talk with someone at Legends.
2. Call or go online and join Interval International membership. Someone from Legends will have to confirm you are up to date with the one agreed maintenance payment you needed to make and send confirmation to I.I. At that time, your week will be banked.
3. Once banked with II you can trade it. I did this twice already and actually had better trades than what was available with RCI>

Sun Island people say they don't expect the maintenance back fees to be paid until the resort is renovated. But, I can not get them to put that in writing so I log it and keep records.

The alternate is to do a quit claim and give the unit back. If anyone has spoken with Star Island lately and has updated info on how to bank Legends and trade with I.I. please share it on this forum.
Linda of Paramus NJ

South River, NJ

#2857 Sep 8, 2014
Ladeeda wrote:
A few conversations are still asking about paying the maintenance fee. I stopped paying the fees years ago but every so often phone the number that is on Legends Collection bill. In 2011, I was told that the yearly fee was reduced because the renovations were never completed. For my 2BR lockout it was lowered to $430/yr. If I wanted to trade with I.I. I needed to be current and all I needed to do was pay the most recent bill of $430 and bank my Legends unit. I was able to speak with Denise when I telephone the Legends at that time. Here re the steps I took to trade with Interval Int'l.
1. Call the number on your bill Star-Island Collections and discuss this with them. I was told they do not expect payment but have to keep an accounting of the maintenance. They will give you a lower maintenance fee for the most current year. Once you pay it you are considered paid to date. Also, they will give you a name and phone number to talk with someone at Legends.
2. Call or go online and join Interval International membership. Someone from Legends will have to confirm you are up to date with the one agreed maintenance payment you needed to make and send confirmation to I.I. At that time, your week will be banked.
3. Once banked with II you can trade it. I did this twice already and actually had better trades than what was available with RCI>
Sun Island people say they don't expect the maintenance back fees to be paid until the resort is renovated. But, I can not get them to put that in writing so I log it and keep records.
The alternate is to do a quit claim and give the unit back. If anyone has spoken with Star Island lately and has updated info on how to bank Legends and trade with I.I. please share it on this forum.
FYI -Star Island also has a Drug Rehab and a bar close by just incase anyone is interested!!!!
Linda of Paramus NJ

South River, NJ

#2858 Sep 8, 2014
I just got off the phone with the Vernon twp. Police dept. I was told that if an owner went to the Legends within the time frame of their designated week(s) and was denied entrance. They can sign a police complaint. they will have to know who refused to let them in.(get the name first!) and then march down to church street and sign your complaint. If enough people do this and put pressure on the owners/town to take action. So let's piss off the judge and send some cases their way!
Ladeeda

Livingston, NJ

#2859 Sep 8, 2014
Linda of Paramus NJ wrote:
I just got off the phone with the Vernon twp. Police dept. I was told that if an owner went to the Legends within the time frame of their designated week(s) and was denied entrance. They can sign a police complaint. they will have to know who refused to let them in.(get the name first!) and then march down to church street and sign your complaint. If enough people do this and put pressure on the owners/town to take action. So let's piss off the judge and send some cases their way!
Linda, I would be afraid they would give me a room!

There is something really fishy going on regarding this resort and the Township officials. Why aren't they forced to Board of Health or Code Enforcement regulations? I keep waiting for the secrets to come out not more skeletons in the closets. Sorry for the pun.
Ladeeda

Livingston, NJ

#2860 Sep 8, 2014
However, I hope there are people with the guts, time and energy to do it.
Linda of Paramus NJ

South River, NJ

#2861 Sep 9, 2014
Ladeeda wrote:
<quoted text>
There is something really fishy going on regarding this resort and the Township officials. Why aren't they forced to Board of Health or Code Enforcement regulations? I keep waiting for the secrets to come out not more skeletons in the closets. Sorry for the pun.
Now they want to allow another water park to be built...of course not using the legends resort complex. And the poor people of Vernon are going to foot the bill sinse they are going to give them a BIG tax break! I wonder whose pocket is the money going to!

As far as "they might give you a room" don't count on it! and I think the police are just itching to haver a reason to get in there. Let's give them a reason. Come on people, it hass to be more than rhetortic on our part. I am willing to meet anyone up there at a designated time on a weekend and try this out. I work for Probation as an Officer and I am willing to put this to the test. Then I will call SGT Talt of Vernon PD and let the party begin. The courts didn't do the right thing civiliy so let's take it to the Criminal Courts!!! My phone numbers are on my posts. Who has got the guts?
I refuse to do it alone and let all reap the benefits, but I will if there are those who will join me!
SteveC

Bloomington, IN

#2862 Oct 2, 2014
Ladeeda wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect that the County is using this property for low income housing and does not want to jeopardize the loss of funding from whatever source its coming from. I wonder if Vernon Twp. receives outside funding to house a populace there as well??
Ladeeda

Livingston, NJ

#2863 Oct 2, 2014
I would do it if we had support and did it with a several others. However, my experience with another time share I have is that you still need to call and let them know you wish to use your week. I don't think you can just show up. I would have to dig out my original sale agreement and look it over about using the week.

Maybe we should host a Halloween Party there? Wouldn't that be fun?
Ladeeda

Livingston, NJ

#2864 Oct 2, 2014
also, if you haven't been paying the yearly maintenance fee (what a joke) like me, they could use that to not allow you to use your time share week. I called collections again about the bill and complain about the dump it is. I was told again, they don't expect the owners to pay and the yearly fee was reduced now to $169.00 from what I had originally about $700. They told me they have to keep generating the invoices though and if I wanted to trade again with Interval International all I would have to do is pay the $169 and give them a confirmation number that the fee was paid.
DKinBucks

Hillsborough, NJ

#2865 Nov 4, 2014
Just got my 2015 annual maintenance bill - for $156 - and of course a little friendly reminder of the total unpaid balance. Like others, I stopped paying when the value of the timeshare was negated by lack of upkeep. Does anyone else find it comical that the farce of a 2015 budget says that the expected occupancy is 85%?

I check back on these forums and periodically search elsewhere online in the hope of finding some news that progress is being made, but once again there is nothing. The resort's website hasn't even been updated since 2003 and clearly the owners just don't care. Sad state of affairs.
AMY

Belmar, NJ

#2866 Mar 20, 2015
Any new info on this place? I am not a timeshare owner but I came across this when looking into them for myself and my family and its sad to see so many hard working people get ripped off.
ASC

Hackettstown, NJ

#2868 Mar 24, 2015
AMY wrote:
Any new info on this place? I am not a timeshare owner but I came across this when looking into them for myself and my family and its sad to see so many hard working people get ripped off.
There have been No updates so far. Owners can still trade their weeks with Interval International provided their maintenance fees are up to date.
The Legends property is sub-standard to say the least.
Shelly

Boise, ID

#2869 Apr 4, 2015
I know that at least one person here has done a quit claim. Can anyone tell me how to go about doing that? I'm tired of holding on to this and would just like to get rid of it. I haven't paid my maintenance fees for years.
ASC

Hackettstown, NJ

#2871 Apr 12, 2015
American Resort Development Association. (ARDA) has their convention this week. This would be a good place to have a new company take over Legends.
Gary J

Schnecksville, PA

#2872 Apr 14, 2015
Check previous post # 2158 date May 8, 2009. You'll need a lawyer and have to get Legends to agree to accept the quit claim. Also you pay all the recording costs.
rani139

Saylorsburg, PA

#2873 Apr 23, 2015
I don't know why my post did not go through a few months ago when I wrote to Shelly but, no, you don't need a lawyer...it cost me $500 for a Quit Claim Deed, I had spoken to Brian Turner at 866-278-8077. He was well aware of the situation with Legends.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Lakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
heroin overdoses in vernon nj (Jun '10) Apr 24 John 10
News Police: West Milford man exposed himself to juv... Apr 20 willstebs 1
Comet Management (Nov '06) Mar '17 PharmerBern 374
Taco Bell? (Apr '13) Mar '17 Skpper 10
1st grade teacher having an affair with student... (Mar '09) Mar '17 Irnwrkr 177
corrupt vernon police (Jan '07) Feb '17 Condodweller 23
News 21-year-old admits sex with girl, 15 (Mar '14) Apr '16 Nightrob 5

Highland Lakes Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Highland Lakes Mortgages