First Prev
of 19
Next Last
URareRidiculous

United States

#373 Aug 12, 2014
Blaming the wrong person wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wanted to let you know that you are blaming the WRONG person for this post since your neighbor who has family in the lake did NOT write this. It would be nice if you bothered to get your facts straight before you blamed someone. I will pretend that you will apologize since I am sure you won't ever bother to.
Well, I know there are some mean people that live here who hate whenever anyone makes improvements. Improve a house, then another house does it. Then a community takes pride in itself. Seems like some folks want to stay in the olden days. Get with the times folks.
URareRidiculous

United States

#374 Aug 12, 2014
Tired just tired wrote:
Dear Volg411:
It's not hard to figure out that you are running for a slot on the board or the daughter of one. Folks should vote for who and what they want and not what you dictate to the community.
Go to the meetings? To see grown adults be rude and vindictive? Think not!
Tired of this!
Exactly, tough guy comes on here and takes credit for putting his name on a blog, yet, his pals send out anonymous emails.
Dustin

New York, NY

#375 Aug 12, 2014
URareRidiculous wrote:
<quoted text>
You are weird. I love how you think you have "balls" to post your name on a blog..hahaha
Show yourself if you think you're that tough. You're nothing but a coward. It's people like you that, live in this community, and destroy it with actions like this. You want to talk shit behind a computer screen.
Dustin

New York, NY

#376 Aug 12, 2014
URareRidiculous wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I know there are some mean people that live here who hate whenever anyone makes improvements. Improve a house, then another house does it. Then a community takes pride in itself. Seems like some folks want to stay in the olden days. Get with the times folks.
FYI WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUE WITH ANYONE MAKING IMPROVEMENTS TO THEIR HOUSE. As a matter of fact coward we are planning our own addition. And I had absolutely NOTHING to do with any email blasted out to the community. Come talk to me and don't hide behind some bullshit name. People wonder why no one talks in here it's because of all the anonymous actions of others. If I have something to say I say it. I have my own thoughts and will tag my name to it in ANY form. If you can't put your name to it then don't say it. It's ok I understand your scared.
URareRidiculous

United States

#377 Aug 13, 2014
Dustin wrote:
<quoted text>
Show yourself if you think you're that tough. You're nothing but a coward. It's people like you that, live in this community, and destroy it with actions like this. You want to talk shit behind a computer screen.
You are so funny. hahahaha. I guess you dont get the point of blogs or the purpose of this entire topix site. You sound like a 12 year old mad little boy. Put up your dukes hahahaha. So funny. Ah that made my day. hahaha. Maybe you should go door to door with your dukes up. hahaha.
Dustin

Sussex, NJ

#378 Aug 13, 2014
Yet again you post with no true identity. Perhaps you don't understand the fact that all you continue to do is show how much of a coward you are. I completely understand what this is about. It's mostly about people like yourself who want to act big and tough behind a computer screen because you are too afraid to confront an issue in reality. You obviously know where I live...... Or maybe you don't because you were wrong about your original accusation about the hogans addition. You have an issue with me bring it to me in person. Check your facts before you get behind your keyboard...... Their addition has absolutely no effect on our view dumbass. The bottom line is you have an issue with our family members and my wife and I have never said anything to create issues with anyone in this lake. Stop bringing us into it. Their issue is theirs and your issue is yours. Leave us the hell out of it. We want no part of the bullshit drama.
URareRidiculous

United States

#379 Aug 13, 2014
Dustin wrote:
Yet again you post with no true identity. Perhaps you don't understand the fact that all you continue to do is show how much of a coward you are. I completely understand what this is about. It's mostly about people like yourself who want to act big and tough behind a computer screen because you are too afraid to confront an issue in reality. You obviously know where I live...... Or maybe you don't because you were wrong about your original accusation about the hogans addition. You have an issue with me bring it to me in person. Check your facts before you get behind your keyboard...... Their addition has absolutely no effect on our view dumbass. The bottom line is you have an issue with our family members and my wife and I have never said anything to create issues with anyone in this lake. Stop bringing us into it. Their issue is theirs and your issue is yours. Leave us the hell out of it. We want no part of the bullshit drama.
Haha, ok little boy, meet you at the school yard after school hahaha. Put up those dukes. You read so much into the comments and got so paranoid. Its so funny. Maybe YOUR family didnt do anything here but the one you married into is another story. You keep getting tough on here, if that makes you feel good. hahaha. I like how you named other neighbors here instead of just referring to the addition. Not only are you brave enough to put your big scary name here, you're inconsiderate enough to put others names on here too. If you have nothing to do with the comment about the addition, then why do you respond with so much. Hahaha, although I can use a good laugh now and then, I'm done with you. You can rant to yourself hahaha
Hopeful

United States

#380 Mar 17, 2015
So just a thought, maybe we can dont rush to fix the road between the house on 565 and the first house as you drive in. If they're not part of the lake/dues/community maybe we should leave that road last.
Irishrover

Melbourne Beach, FL

#381 Mar 17, 2015
Hopeful wrote:
So just a thought, maybe we can dont rush to fix the road between the house on 565 and the first house as you drive in. If they're not part of the lake/dues/community maybe we should leave that road last.
Lake was landlocked many years ago so the first portion of the road belongs to the camp. We lived there awhile ago and use of the road was permitted over time.
Hopeful

United States

#382 Mar 19, 2015
Irishrover wrote:
<quoted text>
Lake was landlocked many years ago so the first portion of the road belongs to the camp. We lived there awhile ago and use of the road was permitted over time.
Yep and my point is we shouldnt be paying to repair that stretch of the road first. It should be left last, since its not ours. The folks that pay should have the roads repaired. Priority is given to that stretch and they're not part of our community. So why are we making it nice for them first
NJCLIMBER

Sussex, NJ

#383 Mar 20, 2015
I bet its one of you jokers that called child welfare on me because my daughter stuck her head out the sunroof on a private road, that case was closed due to a waste of the states time and unfounded case. Then proceeded to call animal control on my husky for spending extened time in the cold, which again was unfounded because huskies are made for the cold, but you again ignore common sense and logic to push your agenda. I know you'll never wake up from your self absorbed existence but your actions, as well as comments are a clear indicator of your intelligence. But its cool, its not your fault you have low quality genetics inhibiting your progress. I also understand its easier to suck at life if ya can make other people miserable too. Haters going to hate, the rest of us are just going to keep on enjoying the splendor and tranquility of the natural world around us.
KSevek

Bernardsville, NJ

#384 Apr 23, 2015
I Miss Glenwood Lake wrote:
Sonny the years were between mid 60's to mid 90's that I went there almost every weekend. The old camp on the left across the lake was up and running. Row boaters everywhere, swimmers swimming, fisherman all ages fishing. Both camps where packed with kids having a great time. Every morning get up and help rake the beach sand so it looks great for the community. Pickup sticks and branches on the lower level road from one end of the lake to the other just to help out and make it look great for visiting vacationers and the residents of Lake Glenwood. Its a beautiful place and can still be. You can make jokes, that doesn't bother me but if you knew me, I don't think you would joke like that in person, no I don't think so. If you would use your energy somewhere else like volunteer in your private community. Alot of work would get done. Thats with one person, imagine if everyone in Lake Glenwood gets together once a month and cleans a piece of Heaven, Wow! imagine! You all would feel Great!!! Have pride in your piece of Heaven. What was then can still be now! Instead of typing he did this, they didn't do that, really waste of time, nobody is listening. Face to face works for me, in my book. I'll be up soon if you want to talk. My name is David , the man that was at the top. PS. Lake Glenwood Residents, you can do this, you can make the lake beautiful again, have pride, so what if your not getting paid for your work, it feels good when your done. Gotta go! Please everyone this is no disrespect, just an eye opener and a little push start. Pss. If it doesn't get done, do it yourself. Little words of wisdom. Bye for now.
I used to work there for free almost every summer... My Dad (Frank) made me do it... LOL
Dee Dee Dee

Sussex, NJ

#385 Apr 26, 2015
How to maintain a dirt road...
https://www.youtube.com/embed/kysDqbO99N4...
Zzzz

Bergenfield, NJ

#386 May 19, 2015
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
How to maintain a dirt road...
https://www.youtube.com/embed/kysDqbO99N4...
There are new potholes! Watch the video to fix the dirt road
Management confusion

New York, NY

#387 Jun 23, 2015
There are pot holes and bumps ALL OVER the roads and now you put a speed bump by halls hill?!?!?!? Thoroughly confused by that waste of time and money......
shakingmyhead

United States

#389 Jul 1, 2015
Management confusion wrote:
There are pot holes and bumps ALL OVER the roads and now you put a speed bump by halls hill?!?!?!? Thoroughly confused by that waste of time and money......
The inbreds speed up that hill. So why not give more of a reason to go up there. Like this place needed to waste money on a sign and a speed bump. We have tons of speed bumps already...pot holes!
wow

Linden, NJ

#390 Jul 1, 2015
Carew wrote:
Take a trip on 565 North. Pass the old Camp Sussex. On the right, you'll see a green sign that says "Lake Genwood". Make the right turn in and follow the trails.
There are dirt roads that can be maintained. They are a disgrace! No road gravel has replenished it in a decade. Only a two-day maintnence man rides a plow as if he is tilling the soil at a farm. Dirt will be scraped from the road on Mondays and Tuesdays and palced in a pile for all the community members to see between Wednesday to Sunday. The next Monday morning, he takes the dirt pile and scatters it throughout the miles of dirt roads depleating the dirt pile by Tuesday. Wednesday throgh Sunday, the community members see the 'magic' as 'poof!' the pile is gone making the poorly-educated feel that he did a great job! This goes on every week.
Did you know that by the incoherent leaders of Lakr Glenwood they actually *BELIEVE* that potholes are caused soly by speeding? It's true! Read the signs as you drive in on the right side.
If anyone had picked up a book at he local library, they would have read that...
1. Harsh weather is usually the contributor
2. Dirt roads get pot holes because of rain falling
Being that I have 13 years road construction, 3 years with Dept Transportation, I *KNOW* real ways to fix a dirt road...
OPTION 1:
Large gravel up to 3 inches across, then half red clay and half sand mix. It will turn very hard after it packs.
OPTION 2:
Obtain quarrydust, fine irregular quarry stones, slightly larger stones 1/4". Mix together with portland cement at a ratio of 10 to 1 ( very weak ). Shovel the DRY mix into the potholes, and apparently the moisture in the ground "sets" the mix. It works because of the weak mix being able to adjust to the weight of traffic, and the cement content more or less binds it together, IT'S A VERY CHEAP REPAIR.
All the community's money that has been raped from its members in the past 5 years could have solved this problem.
I challenge someone from the community to prove me wrong.
'dollar wise that has been spent in the past 5 years on roadwork'
'how much it will cost to do it correctly'
'how much will be saved in years to come'
Shell out the money now!!!!
As it is now in the community,'a penny saved, a pond foolish'.
Oh my! A lot of spelling errors for someone who uses the term "poorly educated" .
wowduh

United States

#391 Jul 2, 2015
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my! A lot of spelling errors for someone who uses the term "poorly educated" .
You commented on a post from 2009. Is the person you are responding to even around anymore? 2009, really
whatisgoingonher e

United States

#392 Friday Jul 10
Management confusion wrote:
Who put that ugly paint all over the road by the speed bump? How embarrassing! You could not make it any more ugly, could you? Holy cr@p! What a mess! Maybe someone with class and taste could have put up the signs and paint??!!? What a pigsty!!! You really made it ugly.
Management confusion

Sussex, NJ

#393 Monday Jul 13
whatisgoingonhere wrote:
<quoted text>
Who put that ugly paint all over the road by the speed bump? How embarrassing! You could not make it any more ugly, could you? Holy cr@p! What a mess! Maybe someone with class and taste could have put up the signs and paint??!!? What a pigsty!!! You really made it ugly.
Thank god that orange paint is gone. Still confused about the location of that speed bump. There is one house by the speed bump and no one ever outside. I think it would be beneficial to be put where the houses by the lake start. But what do I know?!? I'm just a lowly resident... all hail this management board. What a joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Lakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bereaved dad raises concerns about emergency re... Jul 31 disgusted 1
advoserv (Mar '10) Jul 29 Heather Vogell 457
Comet Management (Nov '06) Jul 28 skullpath 360
Bottom in Training. Dominick Braici Glennwood. NJ Jul 24 Ram-Rod 2
Cvil lawsuit for fillthy language and bullying (Jul '12) Jul 22 1htyt 7
trying to buy a home in vernon Jul 22 1htyt 4
lake panaroma (Jun '10) Jul 22 1htyt 36
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Highland Lakes Mortgages