Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Sonny wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell me where we can meet? I got something for you.
Now I can tell I'm dealing with a child. Think before you write. I'm not going to entertain your little game that most likely gets you off. If you dont want or like my advice (HELP) don't take it.
Resient of Vernon

Newton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

You still posting hot air? Not a question of help but rather if you have a viable plan and it is becoming increasingly clear you do not.
Keith

Mendham, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

I bet you all wish old Frank was still around taking care of this stuff... huh?
Justin

Sussex, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Keith wrote:
I bet you all wish old Frank was still around taking care of this stuff... huh?
No- the lake is better now that the family isn't just helping themselves. The board has a little diversity.
Michael Armao VOLG PRES

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Justin

It is true our lake is better place now that there is diversity among the Board members. Homeowners are now treated with dignity and respect. There is no longer the father as the Trustee, the wife as the head of the beach committee, the daughter as the secretary, the mother in law as the treasurer, her husband as the head of the road committee, the uncle as a trustee, their best friend as a trustee, his wife as another beach committee member. That is crazy and should never be allowed again (NEPOTISM). However, the new Board faces many challenges. It seems with all the important issues going on at the lake, it is hard to attend to those issues because of the small handful of trouble makers who are sabotaging all the good efforts of the current Board. In my opinion just to make us look like we don't know what we are doing, this is in effort to gain back control of the Board again.
I am disgusted that a handful of people would stoop that low just to regain control. Rest assure that the good people of our lake are fully aware of whats going on, who's behind it, and what their ill intentions are. We have received many emails from home owners praising the work that we are doing and thanking us for all our efforts. It is not my style airing dirty laundry on a public forum, but these people need to be exposed, and will be if all their nonsense does not stop. People in this community need to work together to do whats best for the lake, and stop all the other nonsense.
Every lake paying member has the right to know what has been, and is going on. If you live in the lake and don't know what has been going on and would like to know, and be presented the facts of what I'm talking about, please feel free to email me @ VOLGPRESIDENT@gamil.com
sick of the drama

Waltham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Michael Armao VOLG PRES wrote:
Justin
It is true our lake is better place now that there is diversity among the Board members. Homeowners are now treated with dignity and respect. There is no longer the father as the Trustee, the wife as the head of the beach committee, the daughter as the secretary, the mother in law as the treasurer, her husband as the head of the road committee, the uncle as a trustee, their best friend as a trustee, his wife as another beach committee member. That is crazy and should never be allowed again (NEPOTISM). However, the new Board faces many challenges. It seems with all the important issues going on at the lake, it is hard to attend to those issues because of the small handful of trouble makers who are sabotaging all the good efforts of the current Board. In my opinion just to make us look like we don't know what we are doing, this is in effort to gain back control of the Board again.
I am disgusted that a handful of people would stoop that low just to regain control. Rest assure that the good people of our lake are fully aware of whats going on, who's behind it, and what their ill intentions are. We have received many emails from home owners praising the work that we are doing and thanking us for all our efforts. It is not my style airing dirty laundry on a public forum, but these people need to be exposed, and will be if all their nonsense does not stop. People in this community need to work together to do whats best for the lake, and stop all the other nonsense.
Every lake paying member has the right to know what has been, and is going on. If you live in the lake and don't know what has been going on and would like to know, and be presented the facts of what I'm talking about, please feel free to email me @ VOLGPRESIDENT@gamil.com
Geez, what is going on?
Dustin flood

Caldwell, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

I really find it disgusting how you will go onto a public forum and bash people. What about the bacteria in our drinking water and the high iron levels that you have NOT QUICKLY ADDRESSED. We still have to filter our drinking water in order for it to be safe. The roads are in worse shape then they ever have been. We now have to take our garbage to the dumpsters because we have to cater to the summer residents who are there 3 months out of the year. The steps have not been repaired since the hurricane. And what about your family suing the very lake community that you run. If you want to discuss this don't email me talk to me in person. Oh wait your not a full time resident. You're only in touch with the issues that you care to be. Try working with the people that live there full time and stop trying to get board members that suit your administration. Follow the by laws. It's absolutely ludicrous that you would go on here and "represent" our community this way. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Michael Armao VOLG PRES

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Dustin,

Thank you for your response. It seems to me that you are bring fed information thats not exactly true. I will answer you concerns as you presented them. I have not bashed anybody nor have not mention anyone by name, unlike you who have bashed me in the course of your email. I don't mind questions or concerns about any lake stuff but I do mind when someone starts talking about particulars before the investigate the facts. I devote several hours a day several days a week working with the DEP, our water operator, well drillers, and our engineer to provide us with clean drinking water. The facts about our water are that I attend Board meetings monthly fighting to move this well project along while one member of the Board fights to delay it. This Board member has stated that the DEP is all bark and no bite, that they are paper generators, and that they Question the amount of E Coli that is in our water system and the tolerable level to drink (as crazy as that might sound). This one member of our Board was contacted personally by the DEP to explain to him the severity of this issue and when that phone conversation didn't go well, the DEP soon after Issued us a notice of deficiency ordering us to do this project. If you have any questions to whom the reluctant Board member is, contact me and I will let you listen to the section of the audio recorded minutes so you can hear for your self.
We do not have iron in our water. What we do have is a higher level of PH in our lower wells which in older homes with copper pips with lead solder, high levels of PH can brake down the solder releasing lead into the one home. I have been told that the high level of PH is in connection with the contaminated well because it wasn’t constructed right several years ago. You mentioned the roads being the worst shape that they have ever been, Im a little confused, are you talking about the roads being in the worst shape they ever been over the last 8 months that you have lived in the lake.
The garbage is another area that you mentioned which I'm a little confused about. You mentioned that you have to take your garbage to the bins rather then door pick up. We always have garbage bins in the winter that you have to take your garbage to. It only affects the summer months (4 to 5 months a year). The fact is that we received numerous complaints from summer and winter dues paying residents who prefer not to store the smelly garbage in their homes awaiting the once a week pick up of the garbage truck. It also helps our roads from getting worse from the garbage trucks trying to make it up them, and it saves us money.(I can provide this proof as well).
The beach steps is a long and winded answer that I can answer to you in person if you like.
You are correct ,a family member did sue the lake community at the time certain members of the old Board were running it. There was one particular member of that board that had a personal vendetta against them, and continually harassed them using their position on the board to do so.(I can provide plenty of proof of this as well).
You are incorrect of me being a summer resident I am whats called a seasonal resident. I can tell you this seasonal resident has done more for this lake community then any full time resident has.
To end this email I encourage you and look forward to having an in person meeting with you. Please email me at VOLGPresident@gmail.com with your intentions of meeting, leave you # and a time you would like me to call you. I would like to present you with all the evidence, and maybe once you see for yourself you will have a clearer understanding of whats going on here at the lake.

Thank You
R Bator

Sussex, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

We are never goin to move forward when there is no cooperation . Mike has done an excellent job on saving the community money by changing our insurance and the changing garbage as well. The people that have been here for a long time do nothing but fight with the new residents . Every time there is a positive ideas that want to get done the same three residents nok it down because they do not want change . What is so wrong with positive changes to make your house , family and quality of life better. Lives are at risk here it is not a joke at all mike cares about people and their lives where the old people care about themselves . How selfish is that you should be ashamed to call yourself a good human being. And you people that cause problems know who I am talking about. Mike thinks about our best interest where know one has ever before .
bygone era

Summerfield, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Lake Glenwood was owned and maintained by two beautiful sisters and their husbands and in its day it was the most wonderful place for a kid to grow up and spend summers. My family spent every summer there and if I could have afforded it my own children would have known the joy of spending carefree days on the beach, hiking and swimming. I have not been there in twenty or more years but I still have family that goes every year and they still try to do all the fun things like fireworks on July 4th and clambakes etc etc. Nothing is as it was in 60s and 70s but it is still a beautiful community and one that I would run to in a second if I had the ability. Instead of complaining and making snide digs so something to make things better.
bygone era

Summerfield, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

anni wrote:
Does anyone remember the Chaplins playing in the big house, the campfires, the clambake, 4h of july fireworks, labor day party, riding our bikes yes pedal bikes not our minibikes to the general store to get the big bag of penny candy. is ther a website that you know you were from lake glenwood if.....You remember Grace was the name of the woman who came in to sig at the campfires.
Hi Anni,I sure do remember those wonderful times and Dotte singing "The Cat Came Back chasing the chickens of Farmer Dizzy(I think). Those were the days. also remember Mickey who wrote some amazing music. These are the things everyone should remember and try to bring the Lake back to the amazing family community it once was. See yu on Facebook cause I;m pretty sure we are friends there. LOL
Resident

Sussex, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

R Bator wrote:
We are never goin to move forward when there is no cooperation . Mike has done an excellent job on saving the community money by changing our insurance and the changing garbage as well. The people that have been here for a long time do nothing but fight with the new residents . Every time there is a positive ideas that want to get done the same three residents nok it down because they do not want change . What is so wrong with positive changes to make your house , family and quality of life better. Lives are at risk here it is not a joke at all mike cares about people and their lives where the old people care about themselves . How selfish is that you should be ashamed to call yourself a good human being. And you people that cause problems know who I am talking about. Mike thinks about our best interest where know one has ever before .
I agree completely Mike and Eric have done a fantastic job. It is unfortunate that some people have a negative agenda and are seeking to be disruptive. Having ideas and talking them through is one thing. But, what they have had to deal with from the "family" is mean and not constructive. Keep up the good work guys!
Resident

Sussex, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Dustin flood wrote:
I really find it disgusting how you will go onto a public forum and bash people. What about the bacteria in our drinking water and the high iron levels that you have NOT QUICKLY ADDRESSED. We still have to filter our drinking water in order for it to be safe. The roads are in worse shape then they ever have been. We now have to take our garbage to the dumpsters because we have to cater to the summer residents who are there 3 months out of the year. The steps have not been repaired since the hurricane. And what about your family suing the very lake community that you run. If you want to discuss this don't email me talk to me in person. Oh wait your not a full time resident. You're only in touch with the issues that you care to be. Try working with the people that live there full time and stop trying to get board members that suit your administration. Follow the by laws. It's absolutely ludicrous that you would go on here and "represent" our community this way. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Let us not forget that Dustin is part of the family as well. His sister in law is the former secretary who served at the same time his father in law was the president. His uncle in law was on the board along with some other of his wife's in laws. So the view is a little clouded. D - Please slow down on our roads, there are children here.
Roscoe

Sussex, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

bygone era wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Anni,I sure do remember those wonderful times and Dotte singing "The Cat Came Back chasing the chickens of Farmer Dizzy(I think). Those were the days. also remember Mickey who wrote some amazing music. These are the things everyone should remember and try to bring the Lake back to the amazing family community it once was. See yu on Facebook cause I;m pretty sure we are friends there. LOL
I remember dancing in the barn. Old Uncle Duke just playing his harmonica. And Aunt Betsy blowing in her jug. Gar dong sherrif came a schootching down the road yars away as we were singing Shave and a haircut, two bits. Ah those were the days! We know that a quarter is also known as two bits, and that when a shave and a haircut was a quarter. Me and paw would walk about two sticks to the barber and that's when Roscoe got the Geeges. Lord have mercy! Hoo hee!
Resident

Sussex, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Life is too short in the words of RK...Cant we all just get a long? Its suppose to be a peaceful lake community.
Drnk

Sussex, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

You are all crazy! Please someone. Governor, mayor, Eminent domain this place
disappointed

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Wow, now no picnic for the fourth of july? Just when I thought everyone believed things were moving in the right direction. Too bad.
Disappointed 2

Sussex, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Where's the new well?
Rewind

Sussex, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

If we can only have Mr Clark back now. Roads were better. There would be nothing but paying dues and living our lives. Now, everyone needs to be the big shot. You do not know what you are doing. The current president at least has a life outside of Lake Glenwood. He knows how the world works. Everyone else, you are freaking idiots!

Before you reply to this, make sure you paid your dues the past 5 years. Scum floats on top of water. You have been floating. We all see you. Time to get sanitized!
resident

Sussex, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

want a better lake JMC should quit the board from what I hear he is a crybaby and sits on his ass doing nothing

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Highland Lakes Discussions

Search the Highland Lakes Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
girls from vths dies in town; but, does anyone ... (Mar '12) Jul 17 Philip Metz 17
Passaic County Sheriff: 3 charged in drug bust ... Jul 12 foolsgold 1
West Milford Hewitt Newfoundland NJ Jun 23 donnacook66 1
Paterson drug dealer gets 7 years in prison for... Jun '14 gnome 3
Legends Resort (Jan '06) Jun '14 Phoenix 2,802
Rajputs are illegitimate sons of kshatriya (Dec '11) Jun '14 raghavendra rajbhar 75
Questions about the Wickham Family? Jun '14 MrDoughnut 1
•••
•••

Highland Lakes News Video

•••
•••

Highland Lakes Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Highland Lakes People Search