Lake Glenwood Needs To Be Sold!

Posted in the Highland Lakes Forum

First Prev
of 19
Next Last
Carew

Easton, PA

#1 Mar 9, 2009
Take a trip on 565 North. Pass the old Camp Sussex. On the right, you'll see a green sign that says "Lake Genwood". Make the right turn in and follow the trails.
There are dirt roads that can be maintained. They are a disgrace! No road gravel has replenished it in a decade. Only a two-day maintnence man rides a plow as if he is tilling the soil at a farm. Dirt will be scraped from the road on Mondays and Tuesdays and palced in a pile for all the community members to see between Wednesday to Sunday. The next Monday morning, he takes the dirt pile and scatters it throughout the miles of dirt roads depleating the dirt pile by Tuesday. Wednesday throgh Sunday, the community members see the 'magic' as 'poof!' the pile is gone making the poorly-educated feel that he did a great job! This goes on every week.
Did you know that by the incoherent leaders of Lakr Glenwood they actually *BELIEVE* that potholes are caused soly by speeding? It's true! Read the signs as you drive in on the right side.
If anyone had picked up a book at he local library, they would have read that...
1. Harsh weather is usually the contributor
2. Dirt roads get pot holes because of rain falling
Being that I have 13 years road construction, 3 years with Dept Transportation, I *KNOW* real ways to fix a dirt road...
OPTION 1:
Large gravel up to 3 inches across, then half red clay and half sand mix. It will turn very hard after it packs.
OPTION 2:
Obtain quarrydust, fine irregular quarry stones, slightly larger stones 1/4". Mix together with portland cement at a ratio of 10 to 1 ( very weak ). Shovel the DRY mix into the potholes, and apparently the moisture in the ground "sets" the mix. It works because of the weak mix being able to adjust to the weight of traffic, and the cement content more or less binds it together, IT'S A VERY CHEAP REPAIR.
All the community's money that has been raped from its members in the past 5 years could have solved this problem.
I challenge someone from the community to prove me wrong.
'dollar wise that has been spent in the past 5 years on roadwork'
'how much it will cost to do it correctly'
'how much will be saved in years to come'
Shell out the money now!!!!
As it is now in the community,'a penny saved, a pond foolish'.
wow

United States

#2 Mar 10, 2009
Lake Glenwood is a private community which pays an excessive lake due to fill it's shared well. Roads cannot be maintained by the town as you already pointed out.

I say we be done with private lake communities. I live in one and have found nothing but headaches with it. I have not used the lake in years and most of my community doesn't pay their dues so the roads are not maintained very well. To top it off they asked $1000. from each home owner to "pave" the roads which I paid like an idiot because I am an honest, law abiding, non-trashy person and apparently now even though they took the money and did indeed pave the road in front of my home, they don't have the money to finish the job... nor maintain them.

TO TOP IT OFF.... the community allows Trustees the luxury of NOT paying their dues and my neighbor who is a trustee allows all of the trashy people around her who don't pay their dues to bring their garbage to her home furthering the financial crisis in our lake!

It really sucks here. We want OUT but are stuck due to the economy. High taxes, high lake dues, nothing good about it.
Lake Glenwood

Tampa, FL

#3 Mar 10, 2009
I lived not far from Lake Glenwood, back in the 60's, it had dirt roads and was not considered a "exclusive" community. During those years my father who was a business man in Vernon, put in a baseball field, I remember hauling clay down those narrow roads. Been out of Vernon since the late 80's. Some things never change, none of the lake communities in Vernon are not that great. I lived in Vernon Valley Lake, on Route 517.
Sully

Lititz, PA

#4 Mar 16, 2009
It's true!

Today the maintenence guy was scraping up the road with the teeth from a bulldozer.

They need to buy the right stuff for the road.
Eyes

Lititz, PA

#5 Mar 18, 2009
It is truthfully stated that the Village of Lake Glenwood commitee has been "taking from the troff". Look at who got new cars, upgraded their properties...
Real Tired

Lititz, PA

#6 Mar 26, 2009
Like putting sprinkles sparingly on a cake. I have car damage from bottoming out.

THE BILL's IN THE MAIL!
Old New Jerseyan

United States

#7 Apr 21, 2009
Sad.
Lake Glenwood Owner

Lititz, PA

#8 May 16, 2009
These people running the lake do not know what they are doing!
49 year resident

Andover, NJ

#9 Jun 1, 2009
As a 49 years resident here at lake Glenwood all I can say is if you don't like it here stay away.
We are a happy community and we do the best we can with what we have.
And Carew, as you pointed out the signage in your posting did you miss the big one at the bottom of Hall's Hill? It reads volunteers needed. Since you are a self professed expert on this Lake, the roads and the home owners association why don't you step up and put your time where your mouth is?
BUBBA

Sparta, NJ

#10 Jun 1, 2009
wow
Old Vernonite

Tampa, FL

#11 Jun 1, 2009
Lake Glenwood used to be a fairly nice place, I remember when they put in the Baseball field, back in the 60's. Over the years you would think that they would have paved the roads, if 49 yr resident has been there so long, why not pave the roads, the township will then plow them in the winter. I lived in Vernon Vally Lake and it cost us $94.00 a year for 10 years to get our roads paved. The township took them over and everything was good.
49 year resident

Andover, NJ

#12 Jun 2, 2009
I grew up here and yes I admit that the place declined a bit in the 90's. But since the Home Owners Association took over things have steadily improved. They are volunteers and they have a thankless job. I don't think, I KNOW that they are doing a fantastic job.

Where was this baseball field? We built a tennis/basketball court in the sixties but I have never seen a baseball diamond except for at the camps.(Yes there used to be two)

Why all of a sudden is there a need for me to defend my community. Why are people outside of here expending their energy bashing us? Obviously some people have way to much time on their hands.
Deanna

Yonkers, NY

#13 Jun 2, 2009
49 year resident wrote:
I grew up here and yes I admit that the place declined a bit in the 90's. But since the Home Owners Association took over things have steadily improved. They are volunteers and they have a thankless job. I don't think, I KNOW that they are doing a fantastic job.
Where was this baseball field? We built a tennis/basketball court in the sixties but I have never seen a baseball diamond except for at the camps.(Yes there used to be two)
Why all of a sudden is there a need for me to defend my community. Why are people outside of here expending their energy bashing us? Obviously some people have way to much time on their hands.
There are a lot of people with too much time on their hands ... maybe they should mind their own backyards!
stan

Newton, NJ

#14 Jun 6, 2009
49 year old...

You are bashing people you don't even know.

As for me, I know you personally. We are friends.

You helped me with a lot of the volunteer work at the lake.
Old Vernonite

Tampa, FL

#15 Jun 7, 2009
I have many interests still in the Glenwood area, I worked with my contractor father in Lake Glenwood, and I have a right to my opinion to any topic I see fit. Glenwood resident since 1957.
Old Vernonite

Tampa, FL

#16 Jun 7, 2009
PS I was not bashing anyone.....I happen to love Vernon Twp. I raised my family there, my family still resides there, my family ran several businesses there......I just gave some of my thoughts.
Old New Jerseyan

United States

#17 Jun 11, 2009
Agree Deanna
Carew

Lititz, PA

#18 Jun 15, 2009
49 year resident wrote:
why don't you step up and put your time where your mouth is?
I, too, worked there with you. All of you are close-minded individuals with expertise in trashing those who have the knowledge to educate you. And I do mean YOU!

As for the quote I intend to reply to...

Why don't YOU put the $150 gathered up monthly by 70+ property owners, buy thr right mix and STOP lining your pockets with the money. YOU just bought a new car! With what money? You are a poor person!
Responder

United States

#19 Jun 17, 2009
Prayers for all involved.
Kelly

Randolph, NJ

#20 Jun 17, 2009
If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, "Give peace a chance!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Lakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vernon,nj info wanted please! :) Fri brisk 5
Comet Management (Nov '06) Thu Theyre Fruad 292
Burke Catholic - Across the border Oct 16 SeekingTradition 2
Flea market planned at Rickey Farm Oct 15 LINDA GAMMON 1
Waldwick entertains plans for apartment complex Oct 11 Papa29 1
WHY??? Put handicap ramps at the lights on Rout... Oct 9 Troy 1
Legends Resort (Jan '06) Oct 2 Ladeeda 2,813

Highland Lakes News Video

Highland Lakes Dating
Find my Match