Bear nabs candy from van, takes joyride

There are 3 comments on the Jersey Journal story from Nov 7, 2007, titled Bear nabs candy from van, takes joyride. In it, Jersey Journal reports that:

A bruin with a sweet tooth smashed its way into a minivan in Vernon early this morning to gobble up a bag of Halloween candy inside, then took the vehicle for a "joyride," police said. via Jersey Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jersey Journal.

FLOJOY

Lakeland, FL

#1 Nov 8, 2007
ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF VERNON BUILDING MORE UNNECESSARY HOMES AND TAKING AWAY THE LAND FROM THE ANIMALS......WHAt are they supposed to do????
Local

New Providence, NJ

#2 Nov 8, 2007
FLOJOY wrote:
ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF VERNON BUILDING MORE UNNECESSARY HOMES AND TAKING AWAY THE LAND FROM THE ANIMALS......WHAt are they supposed to do????
You obviously know nothing about the area. Highland Lakes is not an expanding community. The community is land locked between a State Park, Water Shed and a ski area. The problem is the bear population has exploded and they are all competing for too little food. But you of course know everything.
Ricciolini

United States

#3 Nov 18, 2010
Stolen sandwiches and stolen candy!
I were sue this isn't Yogi Bear?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Lakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
advoserv (Mar '10) 2 hr yousoundstupid 458
Advoserv 15 May 2 RayRice 2
News Passaic County Sheriff: 3 charged in drug bust ... (Jul '14) May 2 Blackhawkdown 3
News Let's beautify this township Apr 30 cigarettes 2
Lake Glenwood Needs To Be Sold! (Mar '09) Apr 26 Dee Dee Dee 373
Comet Management (Nov '06) Apr 26 Freedom 325
Legends Resort (Jan '06) Apr 23 Shelly 2,823
More from around the web

Highland Lakes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]