Highland Lakes Road Conditions

Posted in the Highland Lakes Forum

Mary Laverack

Stamford, CT

#1 Aug 29, 2006
Does anyone share my concern for the poor condition of many of the roads in Highland Lakes? Many have not been paved in years, only a patch job. It is my opinion that for the amount of taxes paid by each resident, this would be a priority concern. It also concerns me that there are so many blind intersections, making it extremely difficult to make left, or even right, turns. This is most notable to Route 638.
Concerned

Stamford, CT

#2 Sep 27, 2006
Recently I addressed the deplorable road conditions in Highland Lakes, i.e. Pohatcong, Canandawa, Accabonic, Wicasset. At the same time I referred to the dangerous intersection at Canandawa Road and Route 638. Well, it had to happen, this morning (Tuesday, Sept 26) a driver making a turn out of Canandawa was struck by a truck. The driver of the car was injured. As noted in my previous letter, this intersection has always been dangerous because of a rail fence on the property to the left of the intersection. It is now more dangerous because of bushes planted in the corners of the fence. Does there have to be a fatal accident before something is done to make it safer? Where are the zoning laws in Highland Lakes and Vernon?
I share a concern with the residents in that area, as a mother, grandmother, and friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Lakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Legends Resort (Jan '06) Thu Shelly 2,823
Lake Glenwood Needs To Be Sold! (Mar '09) Apr 23 KSevek 372
News Newton woman drove drunk without headlights, po... Apr 22 WhoreBanger206 1
News Let's beautify this township Apr 17 Nancy Conlan 1
RV parked in 23 Rest Area by Echo Lk Rd for weeks (Mar '09) Apr 12 Edward 6
Berge as VTHS baseball coach (Aug '11) Mar 29 chorza 4
trying to buy a home in vernon Mar 26 hlb927 2
More from around the web

Highland Lakes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE