Jesse T

New York, NY

#1 Mar 5, 2013
I am a fairly new resident of West Milford having received one full water/sewer tax bill. Is there any other resident that has a problem with the $314.00 quarterly sewer tax aside from the cost of water besides me? I have contacted the NJ Board of Public Utilities today via email as well as the Chairman of the MUA Carol Hardy. Who can oppose these tyrants? I was advised by the Mayor of West Milford that the township has no jurisdiction over them whatsoever and she has personally gone toe to toe with them for years without getting anywhere. A government monopoly is illegal so what makes this authority any different? Who is to say they can't raise the sewer tax to $500.00 next year? It is unreasonable and unjust and seems to be borderline unlawful since there isn't a possibility for competiton against them. If anyone has any interest on a petition or a township meeting please email me Jesse @ jjturano@yahoo.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Lakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
advoserv (Mar '10) 30 min blanket 457
Advoserv 15 Sat RayRice 2
News Passaic County Sheriff: 3 charged in drug bust ... (Jul '14) Sat Blackhawkdown 3
News Let's beautify this township Apr 30 cigarettes 2
Lake Glenwood Needs To Be Sold! (Mar '09) Apr 26 Dee Dee Dee 373
Comet Management (Nov '06) Apr 26 Freedom 325
Legends Resort (Jan '06) Apr 23 Shelly 2,823
More from around the web

Highland Lakes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]