New York City and Tri-State News from...

New York City and Tri-State News from WABC-TV

There are 4 comments on the 7Online.com story from Jun 8, 2007, titled New York City and Tri-State News from WABC-TV. In it, 7Online.com reports that:

State wildlife officials tell Eyewitness News that three of the cubs were spotted up a tree Friday morning and taken into custody.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 7Online.com.

curium96

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Jun 8, 2007
What do you expect the bears to do? People leave garbage cans uncovered, etc. Besides, there are far too many people living in areas that belonged to the animals FIRST. Those poor creatures have no place to go anymore. Also, Highland Lks. is way over-populated for it's limited water availability.
ROMEO

Daytona Beach, FL

#2 Jul 4, 2007
As a former Vernon resident, I am siding with the Bears.
24 years ago, my family and I moved there to raise our children, What a safe and beautiful place. Kids played in the streets. NOT A BEAR IN SIGHT.....THEY HAD THE WILDERNESS TO KEEP THEM SAFE, NO REASON TO COME TO TOWN
I was visiting Vernon last fall, what a change, no available land, homes all over, stores galore, resorts, Looks like Bergen county.
My point is, the Bears are forced to go into the neighborhoods for food and shelter. Also I know certain people in Vernon hang bird feeders to ATTRACT THE BEARS....
They are wild animals depending on the wild to survive, Vernon took away their safe haven,DONT CRY VERNON, YOU DID THIS TO YOURSELF.....MONEY, POLITICS, YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER TOWN.
So when you kill another Bear, leave the cubs motherless, have a conscience, its not their fault, ITS YOURS.
skakel

Newton, KS

#3 Jul 4, 2007
romeo ,you are afool grow up.It could have been your kid that got eaten or broke into your house.
alexandra rivera

Newton, KS

#4 Jul 4, 2007
I completly agree with Romeo. All people are doing is puting up restraunts, stores,and houses so the bears think it s ok to go by them. All the bears are trying to do is keep them and their cubs happy so they can have safe and healthy lives

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Lakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Legends Resort (Jan '06) Apr 13 gina k 3,053
RV parked in 23 Rest Area by Echo Lk Rd for weeks (Mar '09) Mar '18 Aldo 10
News New Sussex Symphony announces concert Mar '18 Irritated 1
News Business people see 'high times' ahead if NJ le... Feb '18 easystreet100 2
Gas leak Jan '18 fiteme 2
corrupt vernon police (Jan '07) Jan '18 Jim 27
News West Milford police again ask gas station robbe... (Mar '14) Jan '18 Roman 2

Highland Lakes Jobs

Personal Finance

Highland Lakes Mortgages