First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lost someone special

Collinsville, IL

#1 Sep 4, 2009
Please everyone desinate a driver if you plan on drinking this 3 day weekend! I hate to see more people killed because someone made the wrong choice. Everyone who drinks thinks they are ok to drive. I feel for everyone who has lost someone due to a drunk driver. It could be your spouse,parent,friend,child, co-worker etc., that is killed so PLEASE DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!!
Dont drive sober either

Cape Girardeau, MO

#2 Sep 5, 2009
Feeney and Bartles are on the streets at night this weekend, if you don't have open liquor when they pull you over, you'll have it after they "illegally" search your car and plant it there. Twyford will be pulling his usually crap on Monday night, be ready to get your tail lights busted out when he comes up to your car from behind.
Diana

Edwardsville, IL

#3 Sep 5, 2009
Dont drive sober either wrote:
Feeney and Bartles are on the streets at night this weekend, if you don't have open liquor when they pull you over, you'll have it after they "illegally" search your car and plant it there. Twyford will be pulling his usually crap on Monday night, be ready to get your tail lights busted out when he comes up to your car from behind.
You are a real ass to try and make fun of a drunk drivering comment. Hope it never hits close to home for you. I have also lost 3 family members due to drunk drivers. My life will never be the same and then we have jerks like you who don't give a damn. You are a real winner. Pat yourself on the back for winning the BIGGEST LOOSER award.
Diana

Edwardsville, IL

#4 Sep 5, 2009
Oh... excuse me for typing driving incorrectly. I was in a rush as I was very upset and didn't check my spelling until it was posted. So before you jump me for that I wanted to let you know I already know!
momma

Fayetteville, WV

#5 Sep 6, 2009
please think about others on the road alot of ppl travel w kids try sleeping with the fact that ur stupid mistake killed a family or someones kid.
Dont Drive Sober Either

Cape Girardeau, MO

#6 Sep 6, 2009
You missed a lot more than a spelling bee award kiddo. I wasn't making fun of a drunk driver comment, I was making a serious "don't drive sober either" comment, either one will get you busted with some of the cops in this town. Bad cops don't improve road safety, if you can't sleep at night because of fears of drunk drivers add the reality of bad cops to your list. This town has plenty of both.
momma

Lake Charles, LA

#7 Sep 11, 2009
a havedriver young kid took my unborn sons life i don't really give a f--k about what u think about the cops some day u will need one. i hope that they aren't there for u and yeah i can sleep at night but i can't get in a car with out taken some meds because i freak out and hyperventalate alot of times can't get behind the wheel because i have anxiety attacks and lock up at the wheel. and please let me be aware when we are going to have a spelling contest.(jerk off). hope u have a safe weekend and GOD bless ur familyQ!!!
Betsy

Muncie, IN

#8 Sep 14, 2009
momma wrote:
a havedriver young kid took my unborn sons life i don't really give a f--k about what u think about the cops some day u will need one. i hope that they aren't there for u and yeah i can sleep at night but i can't get in a car with out taken some meds because i freak out and hyperventalate alot of times can't get behind the wheel because i have anxiety attacks and lock up at the wheel. and please let me be aware when we are going to have a spelling contest.(jerk off). hope u have a safe weekend and GOD bless ur familyQ!!!
You are telling people not to drive drunk and you just admitted you have to take pills to get in a car. I don't want to be anywhere that you are driving either. If you are in that bad of shape stay out to the car and out of my way! You are just as dangerous as anyone who is drunk!
Think

Edwardsville, IL

#9 Sep 15, 2009
Here Betsy goes again with her ignorant comments! Actually, people that have anxiety attacks are commonly prescribed nerve pills by a doctor. I know many people that take scheduled nerve pills. If these medications are taken as prescribed then it's not dangerous at all. Nice try Besty or Beth from doulas. Think about what you say before you say it next time.
wtf

Edwardsville, IL

#10 Sep 16, 2009
You are all liberals and cant stand the fact that you cant control someone eles! You all need to stop worrying about someone drinking and driving and worry about yourself. I f you feel that there might be a drunk driver on the road at 2am on a saturday, stay home for godsakes. I dont go out when I feel there is a greater chance of a accident. Its only common sense. As for you Diana if you didnt like what you read on here DONT READ IT!
Dumbfounded by WTF

Collinsville, IL

#11 Sep 18, 2009
wtf wrote:
You are all liberals and cant stand the fact that you cant control someone eles! You all need to stop worrying about someone drinking and driving and worry about yourself. I f you feel that there might be a drunk driver on the road at 2am on a saturday, stay home for godsakes. I dont go out when I feel there is a greater chance of a accident. Its only common sense. As for you Diana if you didnt like what you read on here DONT READ IT!
Drunk drivers are out even during the day you moron! Everyone is entitled to an opinion and those of us who have lost family members want to get the word out. GET A DESINATED DRIVER IF YOU CHOOSE TO DRINK! My cousin was killed at 8:00 PM and had not had one drink. The guy that killed her should never of been behind the wheel!! He left behind a family too. When you are touched by a horrific tragedy maybe you'll change your mind and not drive drunk!
so sorry

United States

#12 Feb 5, 2011
Sorry to everyone that lost someone to drunk driving. Actually I'm reading this post but it does make u second guess ur self before u go out. U just get stupid people that don't have any balls to say crappy things to people face so they do it on here. RIP david cleamen, luke waltring, and to that unborn child that's sad and hold ur head up;) hope things get better for u if they haven't already
Curious

Edwardsville, IL

#13 Jul 8, 2011
I don't drink and I don't do drugs but I also do not trust some of the cops.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#14 Jul 8, 2011
Drunk driving is different then buzzed driving. I can have 2 beers at a bar and get a DUI. That my friend is not fair and not drunk driving. However, my life would be over if I were to get pulled over and have to take a breathalizer. Their are such things as functional drunks in this world and their should be a difference but theirs not. I'm by no way saying you should drink and drive but I do believe their is a difference that doesnt seem to matter to law enforcement.
lostsomeone

Edwardsville, IL

#15 Jul 9, 2011
I lost a relative to a drunk driver. The driver was obviously intoxicated when they walked into the last bar they stopped at before the "accident" and they were still served. When a person gets to a certain level of intoxication they lose their ability to make decisions, good or bad. Some of the responsibilty needs to fall onto to bar owners and bartenders. If not to protect innocent lives then to protect themselves from lawsuits. If a bar is the "last stop" for several DUI's in a short period of time then maybe the police should get involved and keep a closer eye on that bar. They are obviously overserving and don't have any regard for human life. We also have to take some responsibility. If you see a driver that seems to be intoxicated then call the police. The life you save could be that of a loved one.
Bikers Are A__holes

Alton, IL

#16 Jul 9, 2011
lostsomeone wrote:
I lost a relative to a drunk driver. The driver was obviously intoxicated when they walked into the last bar they stopped at before the "accident" and they were still served. When a person gets to a certain level of intoxication they lose their ability to make decisions, good or bad. Some of the responsibilty needs to fall onto to bar owners and bartenders. If not to protect innocent lives then to protect themselves from lawsuits. If a bar is the "last stop" for several DUI's in a short period of time then maybe the police should get involved and keep a closer eye on that bar. They are obviously overserving and don't have any regard for human life. We also have to take some responsibility. If you see a driver that seems to be intoxicated then call the police. The life you save could be that of a loved one.
Any bartender who says they don't overserve are damn liars. They're about as honest and trustworthy as used car sales people.
Many times I've seen bikers hop on their bikes during a poker run after copping a hell of a jag, and race down the main drag and break a lot of the rules of the road while they were getting on it. Those fukers and their saddle tramps think they own the roads and think they can do as they please.
One time I witnessed a biker and his saddle tramp try and pass 4 cars on a two lane highway. The friggin' Harley didn't have enough ass to get around the last car and as a result, they got smacked head on by an eighteen wheeler. As I looked back, the remains looked like two piles of bloody rags. The autopsy report stated they were intoxicated at the time of the accident.

I wonder how many bikers will be scooped up by shovels this year.
Angry Biker

Mascoutah, IL

#17 Jul 9, 2011
Bikers Are A__holes wrote:
<quoted text>
Any bartender who says they don't overserve are damn liars. They're about as honest and trustworthy as used car sales people.
Many times I've seen bikers hop on their bikes during a poker run after copping a hell of a jag, and race down the main drag and break a lot of the rules of the road while they were getting on it. Those fukers and their saddle tramps think they own the roads and think they can do as they please.
One time I witnessed a biker and his saddle tramp try and pass 4 cars on a two lane highway. The friggin' Harley didn't have enough ass to get around the last car and as a result, they got smacked head on by an eighteen wheeler. As I looked back, the remains looked like two piles of bloody rags. The autopsy report stated they were intoxicated at the time of the accident.
I wonder how many bikers will be scooped up by shovels this year.
i bet you wont take your punk ass to the BOOZEFIGHTER club house in lebanon and bump your gums like that. The only thing your running up here is your mouth. RIDE TO LIVE. LIVE TO RIDE.
not a fan

Edwardsville, IL

#18 Jul 9, 2011
Angry Biker wrote:
<quoted text>
i bet you wont take your punk ass to the BOOZEFIGHTER club house in lebanon and bump your gums like that. The only thing your running up here is your mouth. RIDE TO LIVE. LIVE TO RIDE.
Ride to Live Live to Ride SOBER!!
happens anytime

United States

#19 Jul 10, 2011
My heart goes out to anyone touched by drunk driving!!! To add to this comment, send your teenager to work (Taco Bell) only to find out that he/she was spit at and yelled at by a drunk driver at 3:30 pm (afternoon) who had children in her backseat. Add insult to injury only to find out this woman was not arrested for DUI and escorted home with her own children. What are some people thinking???
suspicious activity

Mascoutah, IL

#20 Jul 10, 2011
they're not. and it's scary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stock car races May 30 MommaNature 32
Applebee's coming to Highland (Oct '10) May 29 Master 60
Drug Bust In Highland (May '11) May 29 IggerMan 186
Highland McDonalds has 2 managers arrested for ... May 28 Master 28
Jeff Ray on his way back to prison for the thir... May 28 MikesFriend 15
Stephen Farris and Heather Potthast May 28 Metoo 4
Sam's Pizza May 27 hgghffjn gjnvghb 10
More from around the web

Highland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]