Kountry Store on 6th Street

Posted in the Highland Forum

Since: Oct 08

Highland IL

#1 Oct 11, 2011
What's happening with this? First no lottery tickets to sell and now no gas.????
oiy vey

East Alton, IL

#2 Oct 11, 2011
Hill Lady wrote:
What's happening with this? First no lottery tickets to sell and now no gas.????
They had a leak in the line. The people who were suppose to fix it forgot about them therefore they are slowly unable to supply their normal inventory.
ladya

United States

#3 Oct 11, 2011
Did they or are they going to sell? The place is bare
oiy vey

East Alton, IL

#4 Oct 11, 2011
I do not believe that they want to sell. It's bare because it's been over a month without being able to sell gas.
ladya

United States

#5 Oct 11, 2011
When will they be able to sell gas again?
Truth

United States

#6 Oct 13, 2011
No one has forgot about them to fix it. If anything the owners can't fix it cause they don't have the money. I am supporting and helping going there for all my sodas and beer I usually get other places. But I'm sorry to say my efforts may go un noticed dought it's going to last much longer
angel

Edwardsville, IL

#7 Oct 13, 2011
They can't afford to fix it. I went in there four different times for cigarettes and they had none. It's slowly getting more and more bare in there. I personally haven't been in for a while now.
well

East Alton, IL

#8 Oct 13, 2011
I only know what they say.. Which is they were forgotten about. I also go in there for whatever I can
me, myself

United States

#9 Oct 13, 2011
I usually stop in there once a day for a soda. Its always busy, people sre nice , rarely was i the only one in there. When I buy gas it was normally there as I try and support the locals.

Cc is owned by company in Breese. Moto- I don't know. The used to be hande Mart station appears to owned by some out of town foreigners. The gas Mart is owned by the same a-hole that ownes the coldwell banker brown realtor offices.

But it makes me wonder, no lottery tickets, why is that??

And although I don't buy them I noticed they don't have many cigarettes for sale either
wow

United States

#10 Oct 13, 2011
Hmmmm, you don't pay the state or your sales tax, no lottery, makes sense
just say n

United States

#11 Oct 13, 2011
I stop there often, but I must say it doesn't look good for them. There are many empty shelves, and items that are out of stock. I hope they can manage to pull through somehow!
Frank

Morton, IL

#12 Oct 14, 2011
It's Obama's fault!!
Taxpayer

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Oct 14, 2011
Frank wrote:
It's Obama's fault!!
Actually you are correct. They were in the home building business that was falsely inflated to make sure everyone could have a house by the Democrats (Barney Frank, Maxine Waters, Chris Dodd) controlling and pushing Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to give loans to people who could not afford them.
Mike Hawk

Fredericktown, MO

#14 Oct 14, 2011
Cuntry Store is closing because mark frey cant stop gambling and he takes money from the store to pay off his debts. Thats why there "million dollar house" is getting foreclosed on. thats why cuntry store is closing. I think its awesome when the snobby rich become "regular people".
Highlander

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Oct 14, 2011
Mike Hawk wrote:
Cuntry Store is closing because mark frey cant stop gambling and he takes money from the store to pay off his debts. Thats why there "million dollar house" is getting foreclosed on. thats why cuntry store is closing. I think its awesome when the snobby rich become "regular people".
Another liying jealous hater. They were never "snobs". How or what is he gambling on besides the housing market? Back up your accusations plaese.
Comment

Glen Carbon, IL

#16 Oct 14, 2011
Frank wrote:
It's Obama's fault!!
I'm not an Obama fan, but seriously, you think it's his fault? I think he (Frey) overspent, just like the people that bought his houses that couldn't afford them. BTW, the housing problem started with Carter and then expanded with Clinton.
the facts

United States

#17 Oct 14, 2011
Comment wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not an Obama fan, but seriously, you think it's his fault? I think he (Frey) overspent, just like the people that bought his houses that couldn't afford them. BTW, the housing problem started with Carter and then expanded with Clinton.
And exploded under Bush!!
omg

Alton, IL

#18 Oct 15, 2011
Mike Hawk wrote:
Hey pal he worked for everything he had. Nobody gave him anything so he know about regular people.Sounds like you are jealous.So take your toys outside and play with yourself or by yourself. What ever!
cali kid

Edwardsville, IL

#19 Oct 15, 2011
Truth wrote:
No one has forgot about them to fix it. If anything the owners can't fix it cause they don't have the money. I am supporting and helping going there for all my sodas and beer I usually get other places. But I'm sorry to say my efforts may go un noticed dought it's going to last much longer
They got the money to build two houses now and develop a subdivision
I heard so must not be broke... Always seemed like sweet peeps to me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
babysitting (May '11) 2 hr concerened parents 6
how many african americans/mexicans would u say... (Oct '11) 3 hr outsider 15
white trash 8 hr Highlander 3
Best football player in HHS history? (Mar '11) 9 hr nuguyntwn 35
Highland nothing but small town BS and gossip (Sep '11) 22 hr Goofy2 12
6-29-2011 troxler road construction (Jun '11) Thu HooNew 11
HCS payments Thu AmerenIl 9
Highland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web