First Prev
of 2
Next Last
adult to adult

Haslet, TX

#1 Aug 21, 2012
I would like to ask the people who cross the streets, in the middle of the road, please use the crosswalks. It will NOT be the drivers fault if you get hit. People will cross 10 foot from the crosswalks, why? When I drive in Highland I know where every crosswalk is, I always glance over to see if anyone is trying to cross. When I see someone I stop and let them cross. Because It's the right thing to do.
The worst is the block where Broadway Bar & Grill as well as Sam's Pizza. Sad part is there are two crosswalks one on each side of them. When adults cross in the middle of the street it teaches the kids it's okay to cross in the middle of the street. I have witnessed as well as have had many close calls within that block. Also employees of St. Joseph Hospital cross in the middle of the block on Poplar St. Between Main St. & 9th and same thing crosswalks at both streets. The only reason I'm urging you to use and to teach your children to use the crosswalks is for safety reason. If you see your children not using them, park their bikes or don't let them walk alone until they are mature enough to use them. As far as the adults I see doing the same thing, do at your own risk. You will be at fault and unfortunately you can't get anything from my insurance for you injuries. I actually might be able to sue you, If there is damages to my vehicle.
Fk You

Highland, IL

#2 Aug 21, 2012
adult to adult wrote:
I would like to ask the people who cross the streets, in the middle of the road, please use the crosswalks. It will NOT be the drivers fault if you get hit. People will cross 10 foot from the crosswalks, why? When I drive in Highland I know where every crosswalk is, I always glance over to see if anyone is trying to cross. When I see someone I stop and let them cross. Because It's the right thing to do.
The worst is the block where Broadway Bar & Grill as well as Sam's Pizza. Sad part is there are two crosswalks one on each side of them. When adults cross in the middle of the street it teaches the kids it's okay to cross in the middle of the street. I have witnessed as well as have had many close calls within that block. Also employees of St. Joseph Hospital cross in the middle of the block on Poplar St. Between Main St. & 9th and same thing crosswalks at both streets. The only reason I'm urging you to use and to teach your children to use the crosswalks is for safety reason. If you see your children not using them, park their bikes or don't let them walk alone until they are mature enough to use them. As far as the adults I see doing the same thing, do at your own risk. You will be at fault and unfortunately you can't get anything from my insurance for you injuries. I actually might be able to sue you, If there is damages to my vehicle.
I use the crosswalks all of the time and aholes like you do not come to complete stop as required by law. People like you have, on numerous occasions, had to swerve in order to avoid running me over while I was in the crosswalk. 18 wheelers, bikers, and punk azz sons a biatches are the worst offenders. Which category of criminals do you belong to?
Linda

Festus, MO

#3 Aug 23, 2012
Fk You wrote:
<quoted text>
I use the crosswalks all of the time and aholes like you do not come to complete stop as required by law. People like you have, on numerous occasions, had to swerve in order to avoid running me over while I was in the crosswalk. 18 wheelers, bikers, and punk azz sons a biatches are the worst offenders. Which category of criminals do you belong to?
How do you know if he/she doesn't stop at crosswalks? They basically said they always look so I am assuming they woukd be stopping. There are some that don't stop but some do. I always stop because I walk some . When I am walking I have had people not stop but I have also had some who do. Often I see that the ones in their cars who don't stop are on their cell phones and not paying attention. The worst place to cross if you are walking is at the intersection of 143 and 40 near the Chevrolet place. You really have to pay attention because many in cars aren't paying attention. Just because you get the walk signal doesnot mean the cars are going to stop. There are some out there who do stop.
Blue bird

Florissant, MO

#5 Aug 29, 2012
i heard they are putting one by walmart
TRYING TO SURVIVE

United States

#6 Sep 11, 2012
Well I think both partys should use common sice... dumb asses. I swear common since is a curse not a gift cause everyone else dose not have it....lololol
TRYING TO SPELL

Belleville, IL

#7 Sep 12, 2012
TRYING TO SURVIVE wrote:
Well I think both partys should use common sice... dumb asses. I swear common since is a curse not a gift cause everyone else dose not have it....lololol
The word is sense......

and parties.

Use common sense when spelling. It can be dangerous.
test

Bolivar, MO

#8 Oct 16, 2012
test post
test

Mount Vernon, KY

#9 Oct 16, 2012
test again
test

London, KY

#10 Oct 16, 2012
again
test

London, KY

#11 Oct 16, 2012
one more time
Grateful citizen

Maryville, IL

#12 Oct 16, 2012
adult to adult wrote:
Your an idiot. "It will NOT be the drivers fault if you get hit." is the most ignorant shit i've heard on this forum all week,(and there is a lot of ignorant shit on here)Illinois law says pedestrians ALWAYS have the right away, if you hit a pedestrian, IT IS YOUR FAULT. Stop bitching because you may end up losing a half second of your precious day. trust me, your still going to get to the stop sign the same time every one else does. Don't blame the elderly, disabled, and those less fortunate than you because your in a hurry to go home and sit on your ass and channel surf.
Grateful citizen

Maryville, IL

#13 Oct 16, 2012
ksn345 wrote:
and if u do use the crosswalk wait till it says walk befroe u walk or maybe u cant read
Maybe you can't read either dumb ass, a lot of cross walks in town give pedestrians the ultimate right away without a do not cross. it's the big yello sign that says, STOP FOR PEDESTRIANS!! I swear you miserable lazy bitchy whiney people would complain if someone hung you with a new rope. Illinois law, and highland law says pedestrians always have the right away, so slow down and be curtious,& patient. A little bit of kindness, good will, and consideration goes along way, intead of you piece of shit belly aching assholes who are in a hurry to run over the elderly, disabled, deaf or blind,or a mother and her baby, so you can add a couple seconds sitting your fat asses in front of the boob tube.

you ignorant f*cks, should really listen to your selves. Go get a Whaaa-burger and some french-cries. boo hoo
adult to adult

United States

#14 Oct 17, 2012
Grateful citizen wrote:
<quoted text>Your an idiot. "It will NOT be the drivers fault if you get hit." is the most ignorant shit i've heard on this forum all week,(and there is a lot of ignorant shit on here)Illinois law says pedestrians ALWAYS have the right away, if you hit a pedestrian, IT IS YOUR FAULT. Stop bitching because you may end up losing a half second of your precious day. trust me, your still going to get to the stop sign the same time every one else does. Don't blame the elderly, disabled, and those less fortunate than you because your in a hurry to go home and sit on your ass and channel surf.
Maybe your ignorant a** didn't read my post correctly. It won't be MY fault if YOU DONT USE THE CROSS WALK! Geez before YOU pop OFF make sure you comprehend what YOUR READING!
ADULT TO DUMBASS

Maryville, IL

#15 Oct 17, 2012
adult to adult wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe your ignorant a** didn't read my post correctly. It won't be MY fault if YOU DONT USE THE CROSS WALK! Geez before YOU pop OFF make sure you comprehend what YOUR READING!
OH, i understood every word you said, and i think any one else with the sense god gave a maggot, could read between the lines of your ill attempt to defend your completely ignorant RANT.

You say "adult to adult" but i don't see anything adult about anything you say here. if you run someone over crossing the street, in a cross walk or otherwise, IT IS AND WILL BE YOUR FAULT DUMBASS!!!!!!! in fact, i'm sure the mourning families or the poor survivor of your road rage ignorance will also have a field day with your insurance company as well.

Yah, your whole point here is about as dumb as a box of rocks, and your defense even more stupid.
just sayin

Farmington, MO

#16 Oct 17, 2012
Jaywalking and Accidents

In lawsuits arising from injuries to a pedestrian, defendants often claim that the negligence of the pedestrian caused or at least contributed to the accident. Evidence that a pedestrian plaintiff was jaywalking may be presented by the defense to prove contributory or comparative negligence meaning the plaintiff, at least in part, caused his or her injury. This can limit or prevent the plaintiff from recovering for injuries through a lawsuit.
grantfork squirrel

United States

#17 Jun 25, 2014
Ain't gots no crosswalks in Grantsfork. And the roosters get hit almost daily trying to cross the roads.. Shame. Squirrel is smart, runs across the power lines and phone lines.. Heehee..
town drunk

Edwardsville, IL

#18 Jun 28, 2014
Just run me over and put me out of my god damn misery
Nono

United States

#19 Jun 28, 2014
Come on man. I'll buy you a fifth of JD.
Road Rage Ron

Highland, IL

#20 Jun 30, 2014
Come on guys. Really? You guys need to go find a stool up at the bar up at the new railshake brewery and get wasted, instead of posting depressing shit about giving up on life over some stupid damn crosswalks. get a life people.
town drunk

Edwardsville, IL

#21 Jun 30, 2014
A fifth of Jack daniels and a couple of 2 liters of coka cola will do me just fine. And Road rage ron, your crazy because I never was arguing with anyone, I already said, if everyone is so hell bent on running people over, then run my ass over instead, I don't give a hoot, I'd rather you run my old ass over instead of the people coming out of broadway, they are families just having a good time or having a night out together, but your so blind you can't see that and your so full of hatred you say if you run them over it's not your fault? then run me over instead you sonnaofabitch because I'm too drunk too care anyways. see me when you see me you lead footed speed demons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Breese Casey's 6 hr Tyson 2
Word around town Tue RaceFan 32
Kfc taco bell (Jul '17) Apr 15 ColSanders 12
Tax transcripts, withholding calculator and more (Jan '17) Apr 14 Taxman 3
They ruined the roads in highland Apr 14 EngineEar 9
new to town Apr 12 SupportLocalBusiness 5
Highland IL Raising Sales Tax (Jul '17) Apr 11 OhNo 12

Highland Jobs

Personal Finance

Highland Mortgages