Storm causes damage in Highland, Illi...

Storm causes damage in Highland, Illinois

There are 11 comments on the KSDK NewsChannel 5 story from Aug 16, 2012, titled Storm causes damage in Highland, Illinois. In it, KSDK NewsChannel 5 reports that:

There are reports in Highland, Illinois that the storm knocked signs down, blew in the door at a Walgreens, and a tree that fell on a porch on Pine Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSDK NewsChannel 5.

just sayin

Farmington, MO

#1 Aug 17, 2012
We certainly needed the rain but NOT all in such a short period of time. Huge branches broken from trees, my lawn chair and angel took flight deep into yard. Debris all over Highland. Parts of town lost power. Today 8/17 it's bright and sunny.
???
#2 Aug 17, 2012
just sayin wrote:
We certainly needed the rain but NOT all in such a short period of time. Huge branches broken from trees, my lawn chair and angel took flight deep into yard. Debris all over Highland. Parts of town lost power. Today 8/17 it's bright and sunny.
Ummmm okay...
bill a
#3 Aug 17, 2012
what storm?? a little rain, nothng else i see the man is tying to fake us out again, i heard stories about power outages, i happen to know first hand there were no ower outages, just another lie by the the man to up your electric bill
Linda

Festus, MO

#4 Aug 17, 2012
bill a wrote:
what storm?? a little rain, nothng else i see the man is tying to fake us out again, i heard stories about power outages, i happen to know first hand there were no ower outages, just another lie by the the man to up your electric bill
Our power was off from 3:56 pm to 5:10 pm yesterday the 16th. The road in Silver Lake Park was closed today except for the circle drive due to trees down. My backyard was full of tree limbs. Today I personally saw several big trees down near the library on Pine street and Washington. There was even a film crew from KSDK here on Thursday. Not sure where you were but the wnds were really blowing on Thursday.
???

United States

#5 Aug 18, 2012
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>Our power was off from 3:56 pm to 5:10 pm yesterday the 16th. The road in Silver Lake Park was closed today except for the circle drive due to trees down. My backyard was full of tree limbs. Today I personally saw several big trees down near the library on Pine street and Washington. There was even a film crew from KSDK here on Thursday. Not sure where you were but the wnds were really blowing on Thursday.
no sh*t! You guys are a little retarded. We live in highland, so if we live here we actually know what happened as well. What's the big topic about??? Cause in a little confused and I'm guessing you all are bored!
Linda

Festus, MO

#6 Aug 18, 2012
@??? I was replying to @bill a who indicated there was no storm. You have no class obviously when you call people retarded. That is demeaning to people who due to circumstances beyond their control have family members who are retarded. Can't people say anything on this forum without being called [email protected]??? Grow up and be civil.
bill a wrong

Florissant, MO

#7 Aug 19, 2012
my power was out mr bill a, what planet do u live on?
bill a you are wrong

Edwardsville, IL

#8 Aug 19, 2012
Our power was out as well for 2 hours or so
???

Haslet, TX

#9 Aug 20, 2012
Linda wrote:
@??? I was replying to @bill a who indicated there was no storm. You have no class obviously when you call people retarded. That is demeaning to people who due to circumstances beyond their control have family members who are retarded. Can't people say anything on this forum without being called [email protected]??? Grow up and be civil.
No class... Hmmm I was referring to your lack of intelligence! Look up in the Urban dictionary-what era are you living in. Oh by the way Linda, everyone one of your posts on Topic's is a bit on the retarded side! As we all know retard has different meanings used in different circumstance.
well

United States

#10 Aug 21, 2012
Your kidding me right? Y'all are fighing over a damn storm? All u do is come on here to fight really? Well anyways we had a bunch of limbs down in our yard. One almost busted through our garage. I drove around the next day and I think pine, zockee, and one othe road was blocked off also.
broc sancrock

United States

#11 Sep 4, 2012
I cleaned up thru city work a lot of trees damage on pine st.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Highland Bulldog Football Oct 17 BullPuppy 7
Kudos to the Mayor of Highland Oct 5 BringBackPride 21
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Sep 27 NoMoreIncumbents 137
highland race fans (Apr '17) Sep '17 DanikA 15
House for rent Sep '17 SmartShopper 2
New Public Safety Bldg for Highland Sep '17 BND News 1
How many Atheists are in highland? (Jan '11) Aug '17 PastureBob 56

Highland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Highland Mortgages