|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Judged:

Soap Opera Queen wrote:
Highland needs travel teams because these inbred kids would never leave town and meet people of other colors, creeds and circumstances if they didn't have this incentive. Most Highland kids never go to St Louis, the zoo, science center or art museum unless the schools take them. The big family road trip is to a reunion in St Jake or Marine.
Are you serious? This coming from a woman who lives in Troy? The home of 2 truck stops and fast food restaurants?? Come back when your city gets some culture and more than 4 people of "different colors creeds and circumstances"
presa

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Lee Voss is a prick who ruins childrens' baseball dreams.
Hoosier Blue

Glen Carbon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2010

Judged:

It's unbelievable to see how many of your people are wasting your lives bashing other parents about your child's youth baseball teams.

I dont see a problem at all with people fading away from the REC leagues in the home towns. When I played youth baseball players who knew they had a greater talent than most, began migrating away from the REC leagues into the more competitive select leagues in southern Illinois and St. Louis. I played in the Belleville Khoury League until I was a 4th grader then my parents and I realized that I may have a higher skill set at baseball than most other kids. So they decided that I would play both leagues for one year. So i spent the entire summer playing Khoury league and on a Select team in the St. Louis Metro area. By doing this I realized that I had better talent than most of the other players in the Khoury league so in the 5th grade time period I played select baseball until college.

By playing in select baseball leagues, kids are getting a much greater baseball experience than playing in the REC leagues. Not only are they playing in much tougher competition, but they are getting the experience of travel baseball. Also as the kids get older, they have the ability to get scouted by college coaches, whether it be NAIA, Division 3, etc. etc.

THIS IS SOMETHING YOU SIMPLY DO NOT SEE IN THE REC LEAGUES
Scouts do not travel to see players play in REC leagues FYI

Parents that put their kids into select baseball programs are using this to better their child's chances at advancing to play baseball at the next level.

A. If you are not the most talented player, select leagues will benefit you by letting you see much tougher competition on a daily basis.
Yes playing better players will make you a better baseball player.
B. Playing select baseball at a high level will give you the opportunity the possibly play baseball at the next level.
C. If parents want to take the risk of paying all the money, and take all the time and travel expenses of select baseball, even though there child may not be that talented, let them..its not your money.

Have a great day.
Eric

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

Lucky wrote:
You are all a bunch of pathetic losers who are too scared to say things to one another's face. I have an idea.....why don't all the people that have been going back and forth on this blog set up a time to meet and discuss it in person. A bunch of male girly men being mean to each other....I would love to be a part of watching what is going on.
Im in set it up.
u10 ROUGHNECK u11 DAD

Collinsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2010

If anybody wants to talk about this CRAP. Im at the fields almost daily.. I did not know a person from these teams when we went to try-outs. why dont we(all the highland teams) set a date and pick the best 11-12 kids and go to a tourney. If we are here for the kids!!!!!! There are alot of talented kids in highland and surrounding areas ....Im am done on here it is a waste of time......
u10 ROUGHNECK u11 DAD

Collinsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2010

OH as for LUCKY..your name says it all. You are really lucky you are behind your screen talking about some of these Wives.. Be a man and state your REAL name.....
Rambo

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2010

Ok highland u10 coaches then reach out to each other and make it work with one quality team. U know who you are. Problem is...to many egos (coaches) and different social classes (parents) to make it work for one quality u10 team in highland. The kids lose out again!
Concerned

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2010

I'm a little surprised that 10 and 11 year olds are playing over 40 games a year not counting practices.

Thank god Dr's have gotton pretty good at Tommy John surgeries...
Mom in Highland

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

Hi, all...not sure I want to jump in the middle of this one...but I'm curious about information for the local select teams. I have a little guy, but we're done with T-ball. Any teams in town for a soon-to-be 7 year old? His sister played select ball and is now playing in college and on a pro team in the summer. We have absolutely loved the experience!
S. Preston Esquire

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Keep an eye out in the paper during the month of June and July for info. The teams have already formed and are practicing at this point for the summer 2011 season. Best of luck.
sportsmom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Hey Eric, how's that "elite" U11 Roughnecks team doing this year after their big write up in the paper that you submitted after you won your own tournament against crap competition? 0-4? Where's all the smack talk now? Your arrogance and mouth puts your kids in a no win situation.
get a life

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

sportsmom wrote:
Hey Eric, how's that "elite" U11 Roughnecks team doing this year after their big write up in the paper that you submitted after you won your own tournament against crap competition? 0-4? Where's all the smack talk now? Your arrogance and mouth puts your kids in a no win situation.
Get your facts straight, idiot.
1. Eric doesn't coach the 11U team and hasn't all season.
2. Eric didn't submit the info to the paper.
3. This isn't Eric.

Sounds like your still pissed that your son was cut. Why don't you grow up and move on. And quit trying to make your kid the athlete you never were.
get a life

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

sportsmom wrote:
Or should i just address you as "Carrie"?
fiabilite

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

hw many u11teams play out of hihgland?
AURORA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2011

What the hell happened to the SI Roughnecks U11?
RIP ROUGHNECKS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2011

what's wrong roughneck coaches/parents? last year you all chirped every night on this site about how "elite" you were. now you're 1-7 and you fired your U11 coaches karma sucks you arrogant sob's.
Butch

Glen Carbon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2011

True
Proud baseball caoch

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

Who got fired and how do you fire a volunteer youth baseball coach?
midlife crisis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

You are all pathetic this is ten year olds playing baseball. Im guessing that most of you were the types of kid who thought they were legit then got into highschool and didn't make the team. You probably th arrogent p
O.s rotting these kids minds to where they're going to be the tools in high schol and have no friends. Congrats on making your kid an "elite" player at th 11u stage. Im sure that will look great on their college application.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

Judged:

Two Highland 11U teams play in the upper division but have been unable to get wins against talented teams. The other two Highland 11U teams (hello there sportsmom and RIP) chose to play in the untalented lower division because they prefer to win against lesser teams rather than compete against decent teams.

If you want to be the best, then at least have the guts to take a shot at playing the best. If you prefer to be gutless and beat up on untalented teams, then play for the Vipers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 121 - 140 of187
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Highland Forum right now

Search the Highland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 22 min TXgurl 47,177
Pierron trailer park (Jun '12) 3 hr judy 69
is it true what they say about cindy b (Oct '11) 4 hr jibber jab 5
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Chicagobunny 3,789
Taxpayer Protest (Nov '11) 6 hr ThankfulforTrashPUmen 34
family law attorney (Nov '11) 11 hr jibber jab 21
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 11 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,543
•••
•••
•••
•••

Highland Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Highland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance