First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Kriska

Garden City, MI

#187 May 17, 2012
omg my team/coach is better than yours blah blah blah bugger, what a funny name LOL getting 37 runs is one thing but posting 37 is another how praising and humbling is that?
Answer This

Montgomery, AL

#188 May 18, 2012
How can you score 37 runs when the SWIBL league has run rules? I am sure that the SWIBL administrators will have questions about this. You just gave SWIBL a black eye.

League Rules:
4. All league games for 11U through 14U will be 7 innings in length. The “mercy
rule” will come in to play once the run differential reaches 15 runs and 3 innings
of play (2 ½ if the home team is ahead) have been completed, 12 runs and 4
innings of play or 10 runs and 5 innings of play have been completed. Once the
run differential has been reached, and the game declared as being over, it is
permissible for teams to keep on playing to get extra game experience. Both
teams must agree to do this.
me

Saint Paul, MN

#189 May 18, 2012
Answer This wrote:
How can you score 37 runs when the SWIBL league has run rules? I am sure that the SWIBL administrators will have questions about this. You just gave SWIBL a black eye.

League Rules:
4. All league games for 11U through 14U will be 7 innings in length. The “mercy
rule” will come in to play once the run differential reaches 15 runs and 3 innings
of play (2 ½ if the home team is ahead) have been completed, 12 runs and 4
innings of play or 10 runs and 5 innings of play have been completed. Once the
run differential has been reached, and the game declared as being over, it is
permissible for teams to keep on playing to get extra game experience. Both
teams must agree to do this.
You posted the answer to your question. Have to play 3 innings........or 2 1/2 if the home team is winning.
What Matters

Cape Girardeau, MO

#190 May 20, 2012
Aight, if you want to correct my post with statistics, list the "18" select teams Highland has and also list the "11" teams O'fallon has. If anything, maybe parents can get a comprehensive list of select teams to shop some options. You also have a chance to shine with your knowledge.

Enlighten us oh smart one!
just sayin wrote:
What Matters -
There needs to be a correction made on your statement
O'Fallon has 11 teams ranging from 9U - 13U with a population of nearly 28,000.
on the other hand -
Highland has 18 teams ranging from 8U to 13U (including Pierron Panthers & 2 new roughneck teams) with a town population of close to 10,000
Why does a town almost 1/3 of the size of O'Fallon have almost twice as many teams?
that isn't the players' fault, but the parents!
me, myself and I

Dallas, TX

#191 May 21, 2012
What Matters wrote:
<quoted text>Aight, if you want to correct my post with statistics, list the "18" select teams Highland has and also list the "11" teams O'fallon has. If anything, maybe parents can get a comprehensive list of select teams to shop some options. You also have a chance to shine with your knowledge.

Enlighten us oh smart one!
Do you even have a kid that plays? As you seem pretty clueless.

SWIBL is not the only "select" league in the area and not all "select" teams play in league, some just play tournaments and pickup games only. There is another league (sisbl) that plays out of Freeburg and O'fallon fields.

O'fallon easily has 20+ teams possibly more than 30.

I think it's great that with a town the size of Highland that we have so many kids playing ball on a more competitive level than the rec league that Mark Rosen has ruined.
?

Festus, MO

#193 May 21, 2012
[QUOTE who="me, myself and I"]<quoted text>Do you even have a kid that plays? As you seem pretty clueless.

SWIBL is not the only "select" league in the area and not all "select" teams play in league, some just play tournaments and pickup games only. There is another league (sisbl) that plays out of Freeburg and O'fallon fields.

O'fallon easily has 20+ teams possibly more than 30.

I think it's great that with a town the size of Highland that we have so many kids playing ball on a more competitive level than the rec league that Mark Rosen has ruined.[/QUOTE]
why do u think he ruined it?
parent

Chicago, IL

#194 May 23, 2012
highland native wrote:
Way to go LEE !! Ya right prepare your team also for being disapointed when half the team or more doesn't make junior high or High school ball also. Cause you dont have the best of the best on your team. There is at least 2 U 11 teams in Highland and you both cant have the best kids. All I am saying is the rec program needs to pull there head out of there a@@ and become better or there wil be no rec ball soon. And I'll tell you what if the kids all played rec ball and all tried out for travel teams and you took teh best kids on the top travel team then made a b team with the next best then Highlnd might be able to compete with some of these othere towns near us.

Also, one of these days the KC Hall will pull there head out from between there legs and realize that renting the fields to select teams doesnt pay the taxes, insurance and maintainance, etc on these fields and will cut you off or sell this for a retail development which it should already be .

Well good luck to all the "SELECT" teams but beware there are still good ball players in the REC program. And holding your tryouts in October when its cold out and football, basketball, hockey, etc season is a great time so kids that are in those sports dont realize its baseball time and they need to try out then.

Lee how aobut you come to some of the rec games this year and see what players you might have missed out on !!
omg! Are you kidding me. You rec parents vs select parents. Well I will tell you if your so worried about "who is better than who" Lee get your team to play a scrimmage game against this guys team, who ever he is? Sir you really need to think before you speak. Yes it's kids having fun!!! Parents like YOU make the kids have issues about it. As you probably rant and rant about it at the dinner table and make your own kid feel like shit because your convincing him that the select kids THINK thier better. I have a child that plays Rec AND I have one that plays select. Neither one of them puts each other down! They love talking about the game at the dinner table, they support each other at their games. The problem is with parents like YOU! Who's bats bigger. You sound like a damn child. Take your team to a tournament in O'fallen for their age group. Heck find out when a tournament is scheduled out of state for your age group, rent a hotel room for your team and see what teams your team would be up against. Being on a select team take a lot of time, money, and a real commitment. Your making and issue that doesn't exhist. Only in your head. Shame on you for making your child feel like crap because you have an issue with Select teams? These kids and parents army doing anything wrong. So get over it. Your probably the same guy who helps coach his sons basketball team and goes home and tells his kids you don't like a certain kid on the team cause he is actually better then your son, then your son goes to school and tells the boy "you" don't like,what you said. Your hand one with he hatred. You have a problem with rec league take thAt up with Michael!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rick Page arrested Sat The man 31
Trump for President, He will win. watch Fri T-Day 4
pat luchtefeld should of stayed in prison forever (Jun '11) Jan 17 Brooce 17
News Two Alton men face rape charges (Aug '08) Jan 16 The Graduate 15
Mugshots Jan 14 NuYear 4
HCS- seriously... Jan 13 Taxpayer 28
megsi (Dec '09) Jan 5 CommenCents 15

Highland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance