Ice cream shop next to the tracks??
Highland Resident

Park Hills, MO

#24 Jul 5, 2012
Not all the people on the Sex Offenders registry are dangerous. Casey had sex with his girlfriend who unfortunately was under the age of consent while he was over the age of consent. Something that A LOT of people do but don't get charged because the parents don't care.
If you think about it, there are thousand of people in this town that did the same thing that Casey did. Should you be scared of everyone.
Just be cause he is on the Sex Offenders list doesn't mean he is going to try and have sex with every under age person.
Get real.
local1

Granite City, IL

#25 Jul 5, 2012
When is the grand opening? I wish them the best of luck and I am very happy to see a new business opening in our town!!
seriously

Haslet, TX

#26 Jul 5, 2012
Highland Resident wrote:
Not all the people on the Sex Offenders registry are dangerous. Casey had sex with his girlfriend who unfortunately was under the age of consent while he was over the age of consent. Something that A LOT of people do but don't get charged because the parents don't care.
If you think about it, there are thousand of people in this town that did the same thing that Casey did. Should you be scared of everyone.
Just be cause he is on the Sex Offenders list doesn't mean he is going to try and have sex with every under age person.
Get real.
your defending a 26 year old having sex with a 14 year old. Your sick!!!!!!
Highland Resident

Park Hills, MO

#27 Jul 5, 2012
Get your facts straight. He was 22, she was 15 and they were dating. I didn't say what he did was right, but he is not dangerous like everyone is acting. He isn't trying to have sex with every underage girl that he sees. He had sex with his girlfriend that was underage and got caught. It is something that happens all the time. I know of many, they just didn't get turned in.
me

Alton, IL

#28 Jul 5, 2012
Highland Resident wrote:
Get your facts straight. He was 22, she was 15 and they were dating. I didn't say what he did was right, but he is not dangerous like everyone is acting. He isn't trying to have sex with every underage girl that he sees. He had sex with his girlfriend that was underage and got caught. It is something that happens all the time. I know of many, they just didn't get turned in.
I don't know any 22 year old that dated a 15 year old. Doesn't happen all the time. Thousand people in highland? Yeah right....
outsider

Farmington, MO

#29 Jul 5, 2012
Whoa people, here's a tip. Shut....up! Yes you, all of you. My god can't you dimwitted twits find something better to do than bash this person or that person? Why do you think everybody leaves this town? And the ones who are left are the ones who feed on nothing more than gossip and bs. The same people who are killing this town!!!! Yeah Highland has a reputation, but it is nothing like what it use to be. Save your town and STFU! Every new business or person that comes here or tries to redeem themselves are judged way before they can even establish themselves. Try helping your city for once and speak positively about it. You all make it so embarrassing to say, yep....I live in Highland.
hometown grl

Effingham, IL

#30 Jul 6, 2012
I will have it known that the people building this place had no idea of the background of the builder, I also have it on first hand knowledge that this "predator" just married this girl like a week or two ago, so they have been in a commited relationship since. Anyhow, give this place a chance!!! The ice cream is amazing, and the owners are just trying live the american dream!!!
P.S. DQ has nothin' on Sammie's!!!!!!!!!!
Chris

Saint Louis, MO

#31 Jul 6, 2012
outsider wrote:
Whoa people, here's a tip. Shut....up! Yes you, all of you. My god can't you dimwitted twits find something better to do than bash this person or that person? Why do you think everybody leaves this town? And the ones who are left are the ones who feed on nothing more than gossip and bs. The same people who are killing this town!!!! Yeah Highland has a reputation, but it is nothing like what it use to be. Save your town and STFU! Every new business or person that comes here or tries to redeem themselves are judged way before they can even establish themselves. Try helping your city for once and speak positively about it. You all make it so embarrassing to say, yep....I live in Highland.
Yes we should all follow your great example of speaking positive by telling everyone to "shut up" Why dont you practice what you preach.
outsider

United States

#32 Jul 6, 2012
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>Yes we should all follow your great example of speaking positive by telling everyone to "shut up" Why dont you practice what you preach.
Chris, I don't think my suggestion stands close to what everybody else says on this site. I simply said shut up, everybody else tends destroy anybody who is mentioned here. Big difference! If you have a alternate approach of helping your community to boost its image, then be my guest.
Chris

Saint Louis, MO

#33 Jul 6, 2012
outsider wrote:
<quoted text>
Chris, I don't think my suggestion stands close to what everybody else says on this site. I simply said shut up, everybody else tends destroy anybody who is mentioned here. Big difference! If you have a alternate approach of helping your community to boost its image, then be my guest.
Thanks, I will start by not telling anyone to shut up who does not agree with me.
outsider

United States

#34 Jul 6, 2012
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, I will start by not telling anyone to shut up who does not agree with me.
I did not disagree w/ anybody about this topic. I said shut up because when a person is mentioned on this website everybody has to bring up all of bad things this person did & make it public information. Then the rest tend to pass judgement against them. It's getting old and making Highland look like a horrible place to live. So no....I did not disagree. I don't know anything about this person or the darn ice cream shop. I would just like to see some good reviews for once but it seems everybody just wants to hate on somebody.
Chris

Saint Louis, MO

#35 Jul 7, 2012
You do know what the definition of disagree is right? You think everyone should talk nice. Most people on here do not think that, hence the disagreement. This forum was not intended for pleasantries.
outsider

Farmington, MO

#36 Jul 7, 2012
Chris wrote:
You do know what the definition of disagree is right? You think everyone should talk nice. Most people on here do not think that, hence the disagreement. This forum was not intended for pleasantries.
Do you know the definition of disagree? There is a difference between an opinion and giving out personal information on a subject. This topic is about an Ice Cream Shop, not who the guy is sleeping with. So now this business is being based on his personal actions and not the service which would be serving ice cream. For example, if you would look up a review on an item you might purchase you don't want to hear about the manufacture's marital status would you? Or their religion? Or if they cheated on their spouse would you? I highly doubt it.
ooooooohhh

Granite City, IL

#38 Jul 24, 2012
they be opne right now!!! ooiooiowodowjdlksjgdtscyteh
wooo hooo

Effingham, IL

#39 Jul 25, 2012
It is open and it is the bomb digity!!!!
learn from your mistakes

United States

#40 Jul 27, 2012
I agree with outsider 100%
bubbly

Saint Louis, MO

#41 Jul 31, 2012
Ok ik people that date people that are 15 and the other person is lik 20 its not a big deal and he isn't even the owner so get over it sam is nice and I'm glad her parents opened this shop for her cause there icecreame is f*cking amazing and I wish them the best of lucky
highlander

United States

#42 Aug 3, 2012
Wow more expensive than DQ, good luck with all that.
Highland Resident

Highland, IL

#43 Aug 3, 2012
highlander wrote:
Wow more expensive than DQ, good luck with all that.
Not sure what prices you were looking at, but I made my first visit tonight...they have a good variety of items, and they are fairly priced!! The Ice cream was wonderful and I for one am happy to see this new business in town!! Good luck and I will be sending everyone I know there!!
highlander

United States

#44 Aug 3, 2012
4.04 for a small concrete, like a Dixie cup, I call that expensive. That's what a large blizzard is at DQ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TRIAD Destroyed highland 40-6 In The Alumni Game 2 hr John 5
Murdered out black Cadillac loud exhaust?? 9 hr 100 gsg ak mob 3
What happened? 13 hr WeinerSchnitsel 21
White city (Jun '15) 18 hr Investor 22
Did tony Stewart do anything wrong? (Aug '14) 21 hr Ricky 10
kf69 Fri StingerOne 2
Doniphan county housing Jul 28 NoClue 2

Highland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Highland Mortgages