Best Soccer player to play for Highla...

Best Soccer player to play for Highland High School?

Posted in the Highland Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
HHS GRAD

Chicago, IL

#1 Oct 26, 2010
Just wondering what people think....has been a lot of great players to come out of Highland, few have played Division 1-2 athletics
emily

East Saint Louis, IL

#2 Oct 26, 2010
Simon Weiss (class of 1990) --- hands down the best
HHS GRAD

Chicago, IL

#3 Oct 26, 2010
I would have to agree he was one of the best to play....
HHS GRAD

Chicago, IL

#5 Oct 26, 2010
I would say Drew Aebischer....had a lot of talent in High School, went on to play Division 1 for UIC
cheech

Park Hills, MO

#6 Oct 27, 2010
those Marks boys were pretty good...hard to argue with that. I believe Tim is still the goal scoring leader for a career. Simon Weiss was good also and IMO Aebischer isn't even in the conversation.
HHS GRAD

Chicago, IL

#7 Oct 27, 2010
Cheech

Did you get to see any of these guys play?
cheech

Park Hills, MO

#8 Oct 27, 2010
All of them
HHS GRAD

Chicago, IL

#9 Oct 27, 2010
Just was wondering.....i just think there was a difference of competition when all of them played. Simon Weiss and Marks played on really good teams that were surrounded with talent...Aebischer played on a team that was not amazingly talented....i am just saying i thought he was a really fun player to watch
the green beret

Park Hills, MO

#10 Oct 28, 2010
may have been fun to watch but the title of this topic wants to know who the BEST was. Sticking with Weiss or Marks. I think Marks had more ability and skill but could have been better if he gave all of his effort
blah

Cape Girardeau, MO

#11 Oct 29, 2010
Chris Basler...he broke other player's legs

Since: Aug 10

Edwardsville, IL

#16 Nov 27, 2010
Best soccer player was obviously Bob Sligie class of 96. Pure athlete.

Since: Aug 10

Edwardsville, IL

#17 Nov 27, 2010
Best football player was a tie between Chris Arnold and Big Tommy Eyman. Too bad George Atchison didn't play, bet he would have been like Ray Lewis. Just murderin people.
woah

Edwardsville, IL

#18 Nov 29, 2010
Soccer- i dont know much about.. Gilbert maybe

Football- is easikly billy greenwald
Anonymous

Flagstaff, AZ

#19 Dec 21, 2010
It's funny how all of you seem to remember the old soccer players. However the 08-09 and 09-10 high school teams set the school record for wins.
Bulldogfrom1986

Litchfield, IL

#20 Dec 22, 2010
Aebischer
Seen better

Edwardsville, IL

#21 Jan 12, 2011
I saw marks play and couldn't stand watching his lazy ass. Stood at the goal line and waited for others to "bring" the ball to him so he could score.
do you know how to play

United States

#22 Jan 12, 2011
That would be considered offsides
Sister

Saint Louis, MO

#23 Jan 14, 2011
I would have to say all the Marks' boys. Tim is still leading in almost all of the records. Hey seen better...Tim is leading in assists for a season and career. So obviously he just didn't want to score. So get your facts straight before you start talking shit. Kevin is high on the list for scoring/assists. Brian, he was a great defensive player. They don't get the credit that they deserve. So I'm putting my vote on the Marks' brothers!!
moenster monster

Edwardsville, IL

#24 Jan 14, 2011
Sister wrote:
I would have to say all the Marks' boys. Tim is still leading in almost all of the records. Hey seen better...Tim is leading in assists for a season and career. So obviously he just didn't want to score. So get your facts straight before you start talking shit. Kevin is high on the list for scoring/assists. Brian, he was a great defensive player. They don't get the credit that they deserve. So I'm putting my vote on the Marks' brothers!!
you mean groucho,harpo and the other goofy one? cause the marks bros you are talking about suck, you might as meant the tv marxs brothers you moron
sister

Glen Carbon, IL

#25 Jan 14, 2011
Moenster monster...
you obviously don't know a damn thing about soccer!! How is that Tim, who has broke every record, suck?? Once you learn a little bit more about the sport, then you can talk to me!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HughesNet 22 hr TryFrontier 2
Highland daycare/preschool (Jun '11) Dec 10 Jenn86 5
Blake Helbig Dec 8 Looking4Blake 1
Queen of Hearts Dec 6 AceOfSpade 2
The Shaw Shack Redemption (Jan '15) Dec 3 CoonHunter 35
Jesus on way to highland (Aug '14) Dec 3 CoonHunter 18
open lot between Basler and Wal-mart (Nov '10) Dec 2 FriendOfBob 22

Highland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance