Highland Police Warning Parents After...

Highland Police Warning Parents After Child Predator Tries To Abduct Teenage Girls

There are 18 comments on the KTVI story from Feb 1, 2012, titled Highland Police Warning Parents After Child Predator Tries To Abduct Teenage Girls. In it, KTVI reports that:

There was a warning from police about a child predator, trying to pick up small town, teenage girls in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVI.

just sayin

Farmington, MO

#1 Feb 4, 2012
I hope the police continue to let people know what is happening on this case. There are many concerned parents and grandparents.
concerned

United States

#2 Feb 4, 2012
Are there any updates on this predator?
just sayin

Farmington, MO

#3 Feb 4, 2012
Have heard nothing since the initial report.
MOM of 5

Berryville, VA

#4 Feb 6, 2012
No additional information has been posted anyplace about this story. I had hoped they would follow up and let the public know what was going on.
just sayin

Farmington, MO

#5 Feb 7, 2012
I agree with you Mom of 5. Why does it seem they always alarm you but NEVER keep you up to date?
upset and waiting

Wentzville, MO

#6 Feb 28, 2012
im am the mother of one of these girls, why is it that he is spotted all over but cant be caught. i call the pd once a week and get nothing ..he is just gonna get away with it i guess!!!!
come on

Edwardsville, IL

#7 Feb 28, 2012
There's not a whole lot that can be done...the description of the truck was vague....no make or model. There are tons of single cab green trucks. And, the sicko most likely watches the news, so he's probably keeping a low profile.
upset and waiting

Kansas City, MO

#8 Feb 28, 2012
NJ
come on wrote:
There's not a whole lot that can be done...the description of the truck was vague....no make or model. There are tons of single cab green trucks. And, the sicko most likely watches the news, so he's probably keeping a low profile.
. Ur right about that it wasn't single cab though it was exstended. Just hate that this guy is going to try again when he thinks he is in the clear.he has to slip up sooner or later.hopefully if he does we can get a plate number..I just don't like that my daughter still looks over her shoulder because he is out there
upset and waiting

Kansas City, MO

#9 Feb 28, 2012
also forgot to add that its a late 90s ford ranger
Hmm

Kansas City, MO

#10 Mar 3, 2012
How is it all of these girls are old enough to know whats going on especially if he exposed himself how is it no one got the liscense plate number geez
upset and waiting

Collinsville, IL

#11 Mar 3, 2012
Hmm wrote:
How is it all of these girls are old enough to know whats going on especially if he exposed himself how is it no one got the liscense plate number geez
. I think its because these girls r kind of shocked when it happened.I have since drilled.it into my daughters head that u need to get a plate number even if its just part of one..hopefully by now they all know to do this if the y are aproached.
Highland Needs To Hire

Edwardsville, IL

#12 Mar 3, 2012
Highland's infamous, Louie Monken

Why do you Highland people make things so difficult? Set up a reward in the amount of several thousand dollars, give Louie a basic description of the perp and a description of the truck, and instruct Louie to carry a small pad of paper, a pen and pencil, and a cellphone, all of which he is to carry at all times.

I've seen your Louie here in Troy many times as well as Edwardsville, Marine, St. Jacob and of course, Highland. Needless to say, I've seen him at all points in between also.

Louie has a set of wheels that just won't quit and I'm quite confident he could use the money.

So stop wringing your hands and Git 'Er Done!
beware and alert

Maryville, IL

#13 Oct 12, 2012
known sex offender Joseph Barker is soon to be released back into the streets of highland

http://www.idoc.state.il.us/subsections/searc...
beware and alert

Maryville, IL

#14 Oct 12, 2012
S00571 - BARKER, JOSEPH A.
Parent Institution: GRAHAM CORRECTIONAL CENTER
Offender Status: IN CUSTODY
Sex Offender Registry Required

OFFENSE: AGG CRIMINAL SEXUAL ABUSE /VICTIM 13-16
CUSTODY DATE: 12/11/2003

ADMISSION / RELEASE / DISCHARGE INFO
Admission Date: 12/20/2011
Projected Parole Date: 01/16/2013

YOU CAN LOOK HIS MUG-SHOTS AND INFORMATION UP IF YOU GOOGLE "ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS INMATE SEARCH" AND TYPE IN HIS NAME, IT WILL SHOW YOU HIS COMPLETE CRIMINAL RECORD. CITIZENS OF HIGHLAND BEWARE.
scary

Maryville, IL

#15 Oct 13, 2012
i am a mother of 3 daughters, and two of them are teens, this kind of stuff is scary. i actually know that creep you just posted on here, he goes by "joey" barker, not only is he a known pedophile, but he also sells and uses drugs as well. a real piece of work. thank you for posting this information, it is very helpful to know, and behalf of all other parents, that this monster is soon to be released.
Grateful citizen

Maryville, IL

#16 Oct 16, 2012
Thanks for the information on this Joseph Barker. does anyone have an idea whn he gets out?
beware and alert

Maryville, IL

#17 Oct 17, 2012
Grateful citizen wrote:
Thanks for the information on this Joseph Barker. does anyone have an idea whn he gets out?
He gets released january sixteenth in 2 months, the information is below.

ADMISSION / RELEASE / DISCHARGE INFO
Admission Date: 12/20/2011
Projected Parole Date: 01/16/2013
come on

Granite City, IL

#18 Oct 17, 2012
Highland Needs To Hire wrote:
Highland's infamous, Louie Monken
Why do you Highland people make things so difficult? Set up a reward in the amount of several thousand dollars, give Louie a basic description of the perp and a description of the truck, and instruct Louie to carry a small pad of paper, a pen and pencil, and a cellphone, all of which he is to carry at all times.
I've seen your Louie here in Troy many times as well as Edwardsville, Marine, St. Jacob and of course, Highland. Needless to say, I've seen him at all points in between also.
Louie has a set of wheels that just won't quit and I'm quite confident he could use the money.

So stop wringing your hands and Git 'Er Done!
Really...how old are you? That's not even funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The town 12 min Yknott 5
Murder around Highland in 80's (Oct '15) Apr 27 NusMan 23
Another Tax Hike? Apr 27 VotTrump 6
School's dismissed? Apr 26 DazeNumbered 2
State Employee Retirement Apr 24 Brooce 3
Dress Code Apr 24 sivgrbejcisht 2
HMS Teacher Apr 24 sivgrbejcisht 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Highland Mortgages