Wanna know

Haslet, TX

#1 Aug 7, 2012
Does any one in the Highland school district know who their teacher is?
Or how to find out?
This whole computerized school thing has become a mess! No one knows anything and we have a week to go until school starts.
A good idea would be to have ONE place to go to find out ALL the info instead of 5 different places and try to remember all the logins!

Just sayin.
mom

Haslet, TX

#3 Aug 7, 2012
I'm in the same boat, and not happy at all w/ this system. Have two kids & got little information on one but not the other. It's been nothing but a guessing game. My little one is who I need to find out about the teacher, the other I had trouble registering them. Almost everything I needed to know I had to call.
me

United States

#4 Aug 7, 2012
mom wrote:
I'm in the same boat, and not happy at all w/ this system. Have two kids & got little information on one but not the other. It's been nothing but a guessing game. My little one is who I need to find out about the teacher, the other I had trouble registering them. Almost everything I needed to know I had to call.
well I like the new system. Don't have to go to the school, everything is at your finger tips. Nobody likes change in the beginning but something we all just need to except. If you can get on Highland Topix. Then your shouldn't have a problem with registering your kids on-line. Apparently some parents never took the time to get on PowerSchool to track their children's progress in school!
mom

Farmington, MO

#5 Aug 7, 2012
me wrote:
<quoted text>
well I like the new system. Don't have to go to the school, everything is at your finger tips. Nobody likes change in the beginning but something we all just need to except. If you can get on Highland Topix. Then your shouldn't have a problem with registering your kids on-line. Apparently some parents never took the time to get on PowerSchool to track their children's progress in school!
Welllll...Thank you for your input "me". I completely agree with you 100% about the online registration process. But disagree with your sarcastic reply. I simply stated I did not have enough information from the school to register my one child. That my friend is NOT my fault and should be no reason for you to assume I am not doing my part. Obviously the school is not very organized quite yet with this. It is also not my fault when I log into the Powerschool that there is absolutely nothing, no information whatsoever for me to retrieve about my children. I am not the administrator for the Powerschool website so my apologies. And yes, I do have time to get on topix, Powerschool, and register my child for school since I do work at a computer all day. And also would like to add that I would love nothing more than register my child for school and not have to take off work and have my pay deducted as well. So please be my guest and try to say I am not up for change when in fact I am, if it is done right and with no complications. Thank you very much for your helpful input, "me".
dirt fan

United States

#6 Aug 7, 2012
mom wrote:
<quoted text>Welllll...Thank you for your input "me". I completely agree with you 100% about the online registration process. But disagree with your sarcastic reply. I simply stated I did not have enough information from the school to register my one child. That my friend is NOT my fault and should be no reason for you to assume I am not doing my part. Obviously the school is not very organized quite yet with this. It is also not my fault when I log into the Powerschool that there is absolutely nothing, no information whatsoever for me to retrieve about my children. I am not the administrator for the Powerschool website so my apologies. And yes, I do have time to get on topix, Powerschool, and register my child for school since I do work at a computer all day. And also would like to add that I would love nothing more than register my child for school and not have to take off work and have my pay deducted as well. So please be my guest and try to say I am not up for change when in fact I am, if it is done right and with no complications. Thank you very much for your helpful input, "me".
"like"
Amy

Maryville, IL

#7 Aug 7, 2012
me wrote:
<quoted text>
they will be posted on your child's PowerSchool August 8th. Should of received a phone message. I received two.
I have 2 kids in school and haven't received one phone call. I've registered them and I go on powerschool but what is the edline for and why do you have to go the schools website to pay for lunches?
Hemker

Edwardsville, IL

#8 Aug 8, 2012
You are dumb! My kid Goes private with no issue "ironic " u pay 4 what's receive
...

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Aug 8, 2012
mom wrote:
<quoted text>Welllll...Thank you for your input "me". I completely agree with you 100% about the online registration process. But disagree with your sarcastic reply. I simply stated I did not have enough information from the school to register my one child. That my friend is NOT my fault and should be no reason for you to assume I am not doing my part. Obviously the school is not very organized quite yet with this. It is also not my fault when I log into the Powerschool that there is absolutely nothing, no information whatsoever for me to retrieve about my children. I am not the administrator for the Powerschool website so my apologies. And yes, I do have time to get on topix, Powerschool, and register my child for school since I do work at a computer all day. And also would like to add that I would love nothing more than register my child for school and not have to take off work and have my pay deducted as well. So please be my guest and try to say I am not up for change when in fact I am, if it is done right and with no complications. Thank you very much for your helpful input, "me".
well said- I'm all for change- but this is a cluster&@*#^
Wanna know

Cape Girardeau, MO

#10 Aug 9, 2012
Hemker wrote:
You are dumb! My kid Goes private with no issue "ironic " u pay 4 what's receive
EXACTLY!!!
me

United States

#11 Aug 9, 2012
Hemker wrote:
You are dumb! My kid Goes private with no issue "ironic " u pay 4 what's receive
Well they must not provide any English/grammar at your private school!!! Because yours totally SUCK!
Hemker

Edwardsville, IL

#12 Aug 9, 2012
Did I say that I went to a private school? I want better for my children then what was provided for me. Highland is a joke!
Soccer fan

Alton, IL

#13 Aug 9, 2012
me wrote:
<quoted text>
well I like the new system........ Nobody likes change in the beginning but something we all just need to except.!
Me - I think that you should ACCEPT that not everyone of you have mastered the English language as completely as you.
Hemker

Edwardsville, IL

#14 Aug 9, 2012
Pretty sure there is a punctuational error in what was written anyway. There should be a comma after "well" but you are so smart who am I to correct you?
Wanna know

Cape Girardeau, MO

#15 Aug 9, 2012
Private schools aren't all that! Went to one for 4 years. Get what you pay for? Right....
oks

Florissant, MO

#16 Aug 15, 2012
who gives a poop?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HMS principal Wed sivgrbejcisht 6
Dress Code May 21 sivgrbejcisht 6
What's up with new black charger cop car runnin... May 18 Shurloc 10
Caleb powell (Jun '13) May 18 Shurloc 7
Question? May 14 DumKoff 2
Another Tax Hike? May 14 VotTrump 8
Sprint May 12 NeedFone 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Highland Mortgages