Is the Mayor practicing Favoritism

Is the Mayor practicing Favoritism

Posted in the Highland Forum

Curious

Highland, IL

#1 Jun 9, 2012
Why is the curb painted yellow in front of a private residence located at 1215 12th Street?
HIghland

Glen Carbon, IL

#2 Jun 9, 2012
Of course not. Why would you say such a thing?
ellen

Alton, IL

#3 Jun 10, 2012
really? what would the mayor have anything to do with this? why not ask the homeowners about this.
Because

Highland, IL

#4 Jun 11, 2012
ellen wrote:
really? what would the mayor have anything to do with this? why not ask the homeowners about this.
A neighbor of the family in question called the public works department and said an employee told her the mayor approved, and told the public works department, to paint the curb yellow in front of that house. The employee told the neighbor that she had to talk to the mayor about the reason why it was done.
confused

Edwardsville, IL

#5 Jun 12, 2012
Because wrote:
<quoted text>A neighbor of the family in question called the public works department and said an employee told her the mayor approved, and told the public works department, to paint the curb yellow in front of that house. The employee told the neighbor that she had to talk to the mayor about the reason why it was done.
he said, she said, they said, we all said.

Do you believe everything you hear?
so sad

Highland, IL

#6 Jun 12, 2012
Unfortunately, most people don't pa attention to emperical evidence anymore.
agreed

Highland, IL

#7 Jun 12, 2012
so sad wrote:
Unfortunately, most people don't pa attention to emperical evidence anymore.
Unfortunately, most people are dumbed down sheep who are too lazy to see for themselves the can of worms the mayor opened at 1215 12th Street.

I'm a veteran with a disability, and I fully expect to have the curb in front of my residence painted yellow. If the mayor doesn't see to it that it gets done for me, I'm going to sue the city.
William Wilken

Belleville, IL

#8 Jun 12, 2012
Well, paint it you're self just like the resident did.
radio man

Mackinaw, IL

#9 Jun 12, 2012
Thats it! I'm calling the cops!!!
please

Highland, IL

#10 Jun 12, 2012
Vote libertarian!!!!!!!
William Wilken

Belleville, IL

#11 Jun 12, 2012
A veteran of what? disabilites? combat injuries? You seem to be
throwing a lot of stuff of being about a veteran. some how you equate being a veteran as superior. I respect you for your service to country.I do not expect any special treatment for being a veteran.Yes i do have combat related disabilities (vietnam 1970 U.S. ARMY) However, the V.A. has been very helpfull. Please do not use the term veteran for you're your persnon benefit.
John Montayne

East Alton, IL

#12 Aug 2, 2012
agreed wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, most people are dumbed down sheep who are too lazy to see for themselves the can of worms the mayor opened at 1215 12th Street.
I'm a veteran with a disability, and I fully expect to have the curb in front of my residence painted yellow. If the mayor doesn't see to it that it gets done for me, I'm going to sue the city.
oooooohhhhhh, your going to sue the city, wow were scared,big bad lazy boy on disability, that is how you live?, by sueing? get a real job you moron, and quit sponging off the people who put in a hard days work while you sit there all day at your computer with you right hand down your pants just waiting for the postal service to bring you your check so you can buy some more gay porn videos. what a loser
no way

Glen Carbon, IL

#13 Aug 10, 2012
the mayor would not do that
ThkAVet

United States

#14 Jan 15, 2015
Curious wrote:
Why is the curb painted yellow in front of a private residence located at 1215 12th Street?
Is the curb yet painted yellow? If in fact it is a decorated veteran, we owe the veteran a private place to park the vehicle, even if it is a private residence. An idea would be to place two red/white/blue veterans signs apart so a vehicle can enter and depart and even possibly paint the entire curbing between the signs red/white/blue striped. We owe so much to our veterans and this would not be practicing favoritism. Has anyone appeared before the council on this issue?
Highlander

Edwardsville, IL

#15 Jan 15, 2015
If any of you had a brain you would know the mayor don't decide shit in this town. It is up to the city council. The only time the mayor even votes is if it is a tie.
StopSpending

United States

#16 Jan 16, 2015
Highlander wrote:
If any of you had a brain you would know the mayor don't decide shit in this town. It is up to the city council. The only time the mayor even votes is if it is a tie.
Boy ain't that the truth. We count on the mayor for new ideas, representing this fine community at all events, not just riding in a convertible in a parade. When is the last time you have seen a story in the HNL of ideas and programs the mayor is involved with. Sure you see a write up in your monthly utility bill, all pretty and fancy. What would be good for Highland would be the old coucilman Dave Holdeman who stepped to the plate in controlling unnecessary spending.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what Highland needs & where (Nov '10) 2 hr Highland 46
does anybody know gary runge jrr 7 hr SisterMarie 138
San Gabriel Memory care center 14 hr hollow point 6
Merry Xmas in June! Sat sligy 6
highland Jul 28 Kenny 7
burpers Jul 27 GreatFood 2
walmart ammo delivery times (Mar '13) Jul 21 Lukie 121
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Highland Mortgages