First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nicole

Euless, TX

#1 Aug 6, 2012
Does anyone use the highland fiber optic tv, Internet phone? How is it??
bystander

Highland, IL

#2 Aug 6, 2012
nicole wrote:
Does anyone use the highland fiber optic tv, Internet phone? How is it??
i think they're still ironing out some kinks. sometimes the tv screws up and i have to restart it. the internet was out completely the other day. everything seems ok now though. im a little aggravated with it, but not enough to consider charter yet. the last few days have been fine.
say what

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Aug 6, 2012
DirectTV is better than Highland or Charter. It has more HD channels and less problems.
Barf

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Aug 6, 2012
say what wrote:
DirectTV is better than Highland or Charter. It has more HD channels and less problems.
Direct TV has internet???
HIghland

Glen Carbon, IL

#5 Aug 6, 2012
I never have any problems with my Charter accounts...
nicole

Edwardsville, IL

#6 Aug 6, 2012
I am moving and will only have access to direct tv, satellite or the fiber optic, so is the fiber optic worth it?
Jeff Bagwell

Wood River, IL

#7 Aug 6, 2012
Anything's better than Charter. At least the rates on fiber don't get jacked up after six months.
maybe

United States

#8 Aug 7, 2012
nicole wrote:
I am moving and will only have access to direct tv, satellite or the fiber optic, so is the fiber optic worth it?
for TV service I would say it is a toss up. you will get a lower first year rate with direct tv but after that first year you are either at the same price or higher than the fiber.
the only real high speed options for internet in highland are charter or fiber. personally i am going to go with fiber because i hate charter. prices are a little less with fiber depending on what speed you go with etc. i think reliability is about the same for all of them right now but i think eventually fiber will be more reliable.
nicole

Euless, TX

#9 Aug 7, 2012
maybe wrote:
<quoted text>for TV service I would say it is a toss up. you will get a lower first year rate with direct tv but after that first year you are either at the same price or higher than the fiber.
the only real high speed options for internet in highland are charter or fiber. personally i am going to go with fiber because i hate charter. prices are a little less with fiber depending on what speed you go with etc. i think reliability is about the same for all of them right now but i think eventually fiber will be more reliable.
thanks for the input!
just saying

Highland, IL

#10 Aug 7, 2012
Bang for your buck, it is worth it.
Highland Dude

West Helena, AR

#11 Aug 7, 2012
Fiber by far... I'm a gamer and latency is a huge deal. My ping time with charter would be around 22 - 50 ms. I have fiber now and the highest ping I've seen is 8 ms. It's super fast. Here's the best part.. I had 1 little issue with my equipment. I called the fiber office and told them my issue and they said "Oh..we'll send somebody right now to fix that for you. They will be there in 5 minutes." What?? What language is this? With charter it was..Oh..we'll be there in next week between 7AM and 5PM and they were always late! Sure enough. In 5 min a tech was at my house fixed the problem and I was back online. I am MORE than willing to pay a little more than charter for that service.
CarharttIL

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Aug 13, 2012
We originally got the TV package as well as the Fiber. A week later we cancelled the tv package and stayed with the fiber. We have been very happy with the fiber - fast, reliable and very little downtime. We have had to reboot the router a few times but that doesn't take too much effort.

The reason we cancelled tv was the DVR - it SUCKED big time. It was a very basic DVR and nothing like DirecTv's DVR or Charters DVR. In all fairness things could be much better now with the DVR but a few things that made us cancel were the following reasons on the DVR - every time there was a power outage or the the DVR rebooted or you had to unplug it for any reason all of the shows set up to record every-time (your season passes)were erased! You had to go in and set them up again. Also it didn't have the functionality that we were use too. So we opted to go back to DirecTv.

Just my two cents.
hgftijgfryhbffr

Edwardsville, IL

#13 Aug 13, 2012
H.
been there

Olathe, KS

#14 Aug 17, 2012
We had tv/internet for about a week before we had enough. Their techs didn't seem particularly knowledgeable. Tv seemed scrambled quite a bit. As much as we hated charter, we were begging to switch back to charter by the end of the first week.
no no

Glen Carbon, IL

#15 Sep 10, 2012
phones are working horrible.....i am getting out.
yep

Highland, IL

#16 Sep 10, 2012
we have both and internet and tv works great dont go when wind blows or storms roll in,... they are trying to expand it out past vfw. city ran fibe out by vfw to run a cell a tower that was going.. but u can thank ralph korte for putting a stop on that..he called zonning bitching about a cell tower going up. now its on a stop wprk order.. i think mr. korte should have to pay the city highland for fiber they ran if tower doesnt go up now... korte and his son is bitching about it says causes cancer..what a joke .. funny thing is he new was going up and had no problem. once they pour thousnads of dollars in concrete he bitches.. good highland citizen,... he should effect him anyways.. hes in city.. vfw is county
Highland Resident

Park Hills, MO

#17 Sep 10, 2012
no no wrote:
phones are working horrible.....i am getting out.
The problem is with the phone supplier. HCS is dropping them because of all the problems. All the phone problems have been on the supplier's end, not HCS. Should have a new supplier in 1 to 2 months. Hang in there for a couple of months until the new phone supplier comes online.
Scott

Morton, IL

#18 Sep 11, 2012
Ralph Korte is not the one complaining about the cell tower going up,it is his daughter in law,Todd's wife doing the complaining. She doesn't want to see the tower when she comes and goes from her residence,takes away from the beautiful surroundings! What a joke! I bet she enjoys all of her electronioc gadgets though,cell phone and the likes.
HIghland

Glen Carbon, IL

#19 Sep 11, 2012
Highland Resident wrote:
<quoted text>The problem is with the phone supplier. HCS is dropping them because of all the problems. All the phone problems have been on the supplier's end, not HCS. Should have a new supplier in 1 to 2 months. Hang in there for a couple of months until the new phone supplier comes online.
It's always the third party provider and never HCS....just saying.
Highlander

Edwardsville, IL

#20 Sep 11, 2012
Would rather give my money to Highland than to Charter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Italian Place next to HR Block 4 hr HungCung 20
corrupt police 5 hr Trashman 30
Corner Keg Bar Fight (Sep '11) 5 hr ParkingAttendant 17
Bob Sligie beatdown (Jan '11) Sat Sligie4Mayor 8
Jeff Ray on his way back to prison for the thir... Sat BadNews 6
Highland McDonalds has 2 managers arrested for ... Sat Big Mac Bob 3
does anybody know gary runge jrr Sat Oh boy 34
More from around the web

Highland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE