New Hospital and Public Safety Building

Posted in the Highland Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
highland

Glen Carbon, IL

#1 Jan 7, 2011
The site for the new Hospital was announced. Its going to be at Poplar and Troxler. Over by the HS. 70 acres. The city bought 10 acres for a new combined Public Safety building. Fire/Police/etc.
Will be interesting to see that side of town come to life.
area resident

Chesterfield, MO

#2 Jan 7, 2011
should work great. even more traffic in that area. schools and this, good thing they widened roads. now no one will be able to get down troxler or 160. awesome planning by our idiot leaders. those traffic circles will never move cars through fast enou
over there too

Chesterfield, MO

#3 Jan 7, 2011
it is shame. the poor builders that have lots to the north of it, will never be able to got rid of them. no one will build a new house that close to all that.
good news

Chesterfield, MO

#4 Jan 7, 2011
i heard the old hospital was gonna be turned into an applebees!
idiots

United States

#5 Jan 7, 2011
wow good thing u all r bitchin about having new,updated facility! im pretty sure u wont b bitchin when u or a family member uses those facilities. ur worried about the roads being widened??????really???? why dont u worry about all the sick people who will b taken care of in there? i hope i never see u in there!!
DUH

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Jan 7, 2011
Do you internet geniuses have a traffic study or some form of technical data to support your claims? Topix should make you take an IQ test to be able to post on here. If talking out of your ass was a paid profession we would be living in Beverly Hills.
area resident

Chesterfield, MO

#7 Jan 7, 2011
i am a civil engineer so i guess a qualify as a token idiot in this situation
augusta estates resident

Chesterfield, MO

#8 Jan 7, 2011
i agree not a good thing. traffic is already a mess at 730 to 800 in the morning. maybe a traffic study needs to be done. a new hospital is good, if it fits into the area which right now it wont.
DUH

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jan 7, 2011
area resident wrote:
i am a civil engineer so i guess a qualify as a token idiot in this situation
OK engineer man, do you have technical data showing a traffic problem?
transplant

Highland, IL

#10 Jan 7, 2011
I had heard they were looking to go more to the north. That is one of the reasons for wanting new entrance/exit ramps @ 160 and I-70. Anyhow a new hospital would be a great addition, I also think the old one has improved alot in recent years, for awhile they had kind of a bad name but having been in there 4 years ago I can say I was well cared for.
See ya

Farmington, MO

#11 Jan 7, 2011
area resident wrote:
should work great. even more traffic in that area. schools and this, good thing they widened roads. now no one will be able to get down troxler or 160. awesome planning by our idiot leaders. those traffic circles will never move cars through fast enou
There are no hospitals and no traffic in New Douglas. You can probably get a good deal on a house there too.
area resident

Chesterfield, MO

#12 Jan 7, 2011
never did a study duh, just found out about the location. traffic studies take time duh, dont happen over night,duh. i know the area well. there will be a traffic prob, duh. roads cant handle the volume duh.
Duh

Farmington, MO

#13 Jan 7, 2011
area resident wrote:
never did a study duh, just found out about the location. traffic studies take time duh, dont happen over night,duh. i know the area well. there will be a traffic prob, duh. roads cant handle the volume duh.
Again, what volume??? How many cars? Are you just pulling numbers out of your ass?
Highland Guy

Edwardsville, IL

#14 Jan 7, 2011
I wish you people would stop complaining about the roundabouts. I have lived in Highland almost all of my life and I live on the east side of Highland (for 30 years). Every morning for YEARS, I fight the traffic on Broadway. Does ANYONE remember how the traffic was BEFORE the roundabout? EVERY morning before 8 am, the traffic was backed up past Helvetia. Since the roundabout was put in I have only seen it backed up once or twice that far and that was very unusual. The traffic flows much better through the roundabout better than it ever did through the stoplights.
I was one of the BIGGEST detractors of the roundabout. At the time the city was putting them in, I told the city manager I didn't mind them putting them in as long as they had the money to remove them when they didn't work. Needless to say I am OK with them.
As far the roundabout at Poplar & 40, Of course there are going to be times when the traffic backs up. It is inevitable. But it it clears out quickly. There is NO WAY to put that many cars on those roads and NOT have traffic back up a little. But that only happens for a little while a couple of times a day. It is not a disaster.
area resident

Chesterfield, MO

#15 Jan 8, 2011
lets start with the obvious duh no center turn lanes short left turn lanes narrow shoulders that are soft and cars backed up past augusta dribe. then add apex center expanding . add all the drs. offices and patients turning left . thats just the basics
DUH

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Jan 8, 2011
Thats probably the same small minded nonsense they said about the hospital you were born at before they built that one too.

Broadway used to be a dirt road with no turn lanes and narrow shoulders. I wonder how we ever survived or figured it out?

I think I will choose to have a new hospital with new jobs and opportunities and MAYBE some traffic problems vs. living in the past and hoping change never happens.
area resident

Chesterfield, MO

#17 Jan 8, 2011
duh you deviated from traffic. notice how broadway is now. if dirt roads are so good why are they gone.in order to grow everything needs to. you cant just expand everything but access.n
area resident

Chesterfield, MO

#18 Jan 8, 2011
duh how many kids born at st joes? 0. new jobs? thousands probably right. maybe 10. there is all ready a full staff in place. the updates yeah needed so they can fly patients out. if i get hit by a truck in front of st joes i will crawl somewhere else.
area resident

Chesterfield, MO

#19 Jan 8, 2011
dah, i came from a city with a population around 4 million. small minded is your views. i now about growth and the factors involved. educated and work in the fields im question. you have no experience in this . i like some of your points, but they ha
area resident

Chesterfield, MO

#20 Jan 8, 2011
sorry got cut off. your points are opinions that meam nothing, the facts are the overgrowth will cause problems. drive that area at 730 to 800. until then you know little

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sam's Pizza (May '15) 23 hr LuvPizzaTwo 16
HughesNet Dec 12 TryFrontier 2
Highland daycare/preschool (Jun '11) Dec 10 Jenn86 5
Blake Helbig Dec 8 Looking4Blake 1
Queen of Hearts Dec 6 AceOfSpade 2
The Shaw Shack Redemption (Jan '15) Dec 3 CoonHunter 35
Jesus on way to highland (Aug '14) Dec 3 CoonHunter 18

Highland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance