Comments
161 - 180 of 378 Comments Last updated Jun 24, 2014
Janisjoplin

Farmington, MO

#164 Jul 21, 2008
Bolide, I meant to say: I raised your cousin Jeff.

Since: Jul 08

Taylor, MI

#165 Jul 21, 2008
it was george atchison that killed stephanie fulford...... that was scary to me as i went to school and hung out with george and stephanie dated my brother and a few of my friends ... not to mention trying to beat my ass a few times lol

“Check Out SimGameIt.com”

Highland Illinois

#166 Jul 21, 2008
lol....i may know you too then....or vice versa....i didnt hang with them alot but we went to some of the same places.
Nancy Drew

Charleston, SC

#167 Jul 22, 2008
I lived in the highland-Alhambra area and vaguely
remember the Murders, Didn't the Winets have 4 kids and weren't 2 at home and 2 away at college.
Whatever happened to them?

Nancy Drew

“I'm not here to please you”

Euless, TX (DFW Area)

#168 Jul 22, 2008
Nancy Drew wrote:
I lived in the highland-Alhambra area and vaguely
remember the Murders, Didn't the Winets have 4 kids and weren't 2 at home and 2 away at college.
Whatever happened to them?
Nancy Drew
Welcome to the group. From what I see, Bob and Ed still live in Highland area. They were the two at home. I'm not sure about the older two. The murder occurred in 72. How old where you? Feel free to read through the forum and add anthing that ou might know or have heard.

Euless, TX (DFW Area)

#169 Jul 22, 2008
Janisjoplin wrote:
<quoted text>
McCain was the only Highland Officer killed in the line of duty. I think that happened somewhere between 1930 - 1960 (I could be wrong). There is an article about him at both the Highland Masonic Lodge and in the lobby of the HPD.
Bolide...his name is Jeff!
Does anybody know anything about Det McCain? Somebody was using that handle on this forum when it first started. 1930-60 is a wide range and that makes him dead before the Winet murders. I think I know one of the communications people at the PD. I was going to try to contact her.
Janisjoplin

Farmington, MO

#170 Jul 22, 2008
Det. David McCain died Thursday May 15, 1930.

“: )”

highland

#171 Jul 22, 2008
CURIOUS Still wrote:
<quoted text>Does anybody know anything about Det McCain? Somebody was using that handle on this forum when it first started. 1930-60 is a wide range and that makes him dead before the Winet murders. I think I know one of the communications people at the PD. I was going to try to contact her.
I sort of remember an Officer McCain that was a Mad Co or State of IL police officer that lived in St. Jacob.

“: )”

highland

#172 Jul 22, 2008
I sort of remember an Officer McCain that was a Mad Co or State of IL police officer that lived in St. Jacob. From the 1980's.
the truth master

Glen Carbon, IL

#173 Jul 23, 2008
Dana Steinhoff Hawn wrote:
Brad Sherman is a good man. Yes, he accidently shot his beautiful daughter who was in another room when the firearm he was cleaning discharged. If you have never lost a child it is easy to see how you could be heartless about such a thing.
What really strikes odd me is that NONE of you even have mentioned the names of the suspects that did the crime but could not be pinned with it.
Call Brad what you will, but I got five bucks that says none of you can name the two top suspects in this crime. More than likely if your from the Highland area and born after the year 66 you have been face to face with him. When the woman that was thought to have committed the crime with the man who is still a local in Highland ended the relationship with him she moved away from the area. She is now married.
Five bucks to whoever names the original suspects by their names at the time of the crime. NO NICKNAMES ALLOWED.
it wasjewels an you who comited the deadly deed, i have proof being the truth master, spermin sherman was there also, but he was hiding in the corn field across the highway just like the coward is was and still his, you are still sleeping with him dana, that is why you defend him.

“Got Education?”

Since: Jan 07

Cisne, IL

#174 Jul 23, 2008
Nah I am pretty sure that was just a poser. I am not sure if he is even still alive. Does anyone know this info off hand? He was pretty old when I was a kid.

“Got Education?”

Cisne, IL

#175 Jul 23, 2008
the truth master wrote:
<quoted text>it wasjewels an you who comited the deadly deed, i have proof being the truth master, spermin sherman was there also, but he was hiding in the corn field across the highway just like the coward is was and still his, you are still sleeping with him dana, that is why you defend him.
That is so lame. Could we please stick to the case. I never defended Jewels.

However you have guess one of the prime suspects that I know of. Now can you guess the other?

“Got Education?”

Cisne, IL

#176 Jul 23, 2008
Janisjoplin wrote:
Det. David McCain died Thursday May 15, 1930.
No Janis he was part of the highland dept for most of my childhood. I ain't that old girl! LOL
booger

East Saint Louis, IL

#177 Jul 23, 2008
Yep. I agree. McCain was a cop when I was a kid in the 1970s and 1980s.

“Got Education?”

Cisne, IL

#178 Jul 23, 2008
the truth master wrote:
<quoted text>it wasjewels an you who comited the deadly deed, i have proof being the truth master, spermin sherman was there also, but he was hiding in the corn field across the highway just like the coward is was and still his, you are still sleeping with him dana, that is why you defend him.
If you hate Brad so much that you have to hammer on his reputation make a webpage about it or something. Or contact the FBI if you know he witnessed a crime and withheld the info.

Ah you think BS is BRAD but it is not. It is a woman.
Elise

Muncie, IN

#179 Jul 23, 2008
Bolide Huntress wrote:
<quoted text>
However you have guess one of the prime suspects that I know of. Now can you guess the other?
Bolide, I may have misunderstood but are saying Jewels was one of the suspects? I went back and read most of the post and jewels is the only one that popped out. Unless i missed something. Please point me to the post that states one of the prime suspects please.

Euless, TX (DFW Area)

#180 Jul 23, 2008
The subject is "1969 Winets Murder".

Euless, TX (DFW Area)

#181 Jul 23, 2008
Bolide Huntress wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting that "Jewels" was a suspect?

“Got Education?”

Cisne, IL

#182 Jul 23, 2008
Elise wrote:
<quoted text> Bolide, I may have misunderstood but are saying Jewels was one of the suspects? I went back and read most of the post and jewels is the only one that popped out. Unless i missed something. Please point me to the post that states one of the prime suspects please.
Yes, Jewels was one of the prime suspects that I knew of. Do I think he actually did it? ah I would be surprised if it was him but anything is possible.

Euless, TX (DFW Area)

#183 Jul 23, 2008
So now, can someone tell me a real or entire name?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Car accident on Michael Road? 45 min Sawit 7
needing suggestions on a family case lawyer 48 min Jim 7
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Jonah1 49,505
Highland Teachers Strike 1 hr Teachers pet 184
Get your petitions (Sep '08) 3 hr HumorMe 15
The Football Bulldogs Look Like Chit! 3 hr bosshog 7
County Board approves levee repair tax (Aug '08) 17 hr TotallyNuts 4
•••
•••
Highland Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Highland Jobs

•••