Newport is bring back the projects

Newport is bring back the projects

Posted in the Highland Heights Forum

Old Big Nuts

United States

#1 Dec 14, 2008
I wish they would so we could send all the trash back to one location!
Charlie

Newport, KY

#2 Dec 14, 2008
Old Big Nuts wrote:
I wish they would so we could send all the trash back to one location!
I wish they would put the trash all in your back yard. You would deserve that because you are such a idiot!!!
dan

Evansville, IN

#3 Dec 14, 2008
Just because someone needs to live in the projects it dont mean there trash
Old Big Nuts

United States

#4 Dec 14, 2008
Wrong form of there Dan!
Fifth Grader

Newport, KY

#5 Dec 16, 2008
You are smart Mr. Big Nuts.
rebel55

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Dec 17, 2008
yes, if you're living in the projects, your trash! Lazy scum with their hands out for government subsidies. You let this trash into Ft. Thomas you will start seeing your property values plummet and safety will be " just a memory". We already have some "unmentionables" in Ft.Thomas with their "traveling" section 8 vouchers, along with the scum in Imperial House Apts. that are on section 8. As a life long resident and my family being here since 1898, I can't believe how Ft. Thomas has slid down due to all the " buckeye/cincinnati" transplants! They seem to want Ft. Thomas to be like hyde park. I say, go back across the river & live in hyde park or cinti. The transplants here in Ft. Thomas are slowly ruining our once proud " Ft. Thomas" way of life! By the way for you "p.c'ers, those 2 places across the river don't deserve CAPITAL letters.
Insulted

Novi, MI

#7 Dec 17, 2008
I am apalled that you would think that all residents of the Newport Projects are "trash and Lazy scum with my hand out" as you referred to them.
My family was living the "good life" in Newport when my father was killed in action serving our country as a USMC LT. when I was a young girl. My mother had no choice but to ask for assistance until she could become a single working parent (sometimes you need a little help). I lived in a very nice home in the projects for a small amount of time until my mother could get back on her feet and raise her 4 children alone because her husband died fighting for your freedom. Today....all of her children are thriving well with degrees and are celebrating another Christmas without their father.

Shame on you for referring to me and my mother as "white trash" when my father died for your freedom!

BTW....my mom is doing very well now in her FT. Thomas home!
LaMont

Lexington, KY

#8 Dec 17, 2008
OMG! rebel 55 you can thank your neighbors in Ft. Thomas who LOVE the section 8 vouchers to supply income from their rental property! It is steady, on-time rent to them! As for the rest of your rant, all I can say is, I'll be prayin for your immortal soul!

also, old big nuts....you are a STUPA$$!!! insulted....my thanks to your dad for his sacrifice.
who cares anymore

Ft Mitchell, KY

#9 Dec 17, 2008
The projects were relocated to moock road in southgate.....cake town is next....get ready
say it isnt so

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Dec 17, 2008
Well the funny thing is most of the rental property in Newport are owned bye Ft.Thomas people. Most might not know this but indeed they are. It's easy money and we all know Ft.Thomas people like easy money hell who wouldnt I know I do
looking

Evansville, IN

#12 Jan 5, 2009
I think the projects on mock road is filled with dayton ky trash

Since: Dec 08

Newport KY

#13 Jan 7, 2009
The projects have always attracted some unsavory residents, but on the flip side there are a lot of good people that live there. Sometimes we all need a little help, it's good that we still live in a country where those that need it are able to get it.

We can't choose our neighbors in any neighborhood - but look for the good in them.
mike

Evansville, IN

#14 Jan 7, 2009
some needs to tell them neighbors that the mice and roaches are not there pets and the ones from he projects feed there because no one cleans the saying is the roaches will get that Hell thay even give them names
NewportDem

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Jan 7, 2009
mike wrote:
some needs to tell them neighbors that the mice and roaches are not there pets and the ones from he projects feed there because no one cleans the saying is the roaches will get that Hell thay even give them names
Got grammar?
mcl

Frankfort, KY

#16 Jan 30, 2009
The thing is, when this world falls apart and the economy breaks down completely, the only survivors will be those on government assistance. They have no bills or responsibilities. The possibility of me losing my home and becoming homeless is very REAL in these times. If I didn't work and lived in the projects, i would have nothing to worry about. That is what makes it wrong. There needs to be an evaluation done to determine whether people are capable of working or not before given free housing. I am totally okay with free housing to the disabled or unabled. I am even okay with reduced housing for the working poor. But free just because? That is what it has come to and I should know... I work in the midst of it all.

we need to redefine the meaning of NEEDY

Since: Dec 08

Newport KY

#17 Jan 30, 2009
I agree with you on the meaning of Needy. There isn't anything wrong with making sure that people who receive help really need it and aren't just sitting back letting the rest of us carry the load? Help is there for those who truly need it. It's just sad that it is being expoited by some.
knows it

San Jose, CA

#18 Jul 12, 2013
Knock them down solves newport problems no more gangs hanging on their corner mow it down so we can throw a community party
rat king

Cincinnati, OH

#19 Jul 17, 2013
The rest of the city has gone to H--- since the projects have been torn down, shame on the city officials for destroying the rest of the city.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heather family dollar 3 hr Sarahsarahsarahsarah 52
the tea party has been selling drugs Sat opie 2
Carter sisters (Sep '15) Sat Deedeedee 13
Room share Covington, Newport, Bellevue.. Jun 23 Kayne Twitty 5
Who know's william brown/turtle Jun 23 Kayne Twitty 4
Don Huber (Jan '10) Jun 23 Roy Holtz 93
Highland Heights Music Thread (Dec '13) May '16 Musikologist 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Highland Heights Mortgages