Rand Paul to Speak Locally

Feb 15, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Cincinnati CityBeat

His father might be busy trying to score the GOP's presidential nomination, but U.S. Sen.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of40
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

Why don't some of you people become 'aware'? Ron Paul wants minimum gov in our lives & maximum PERSONAL responsability. Which means a considerable amount of decriminalazation. NOT legalazation. There's a dif. I can't say that I agree in practice but I understand the train of thought, which won't work without a couple of generations of adjustments.I make far less money now than I did in 1998, but I am working & earning my own way.

I am more than tired with the placing of blame by so many for their short comings. Such as the ones that don't take a job (any job) because it doesn't pay enough, OR; I lost my job because someone else was the bosses favorite, or They treated me like crap & I wouldn't put up with it, OR (my least favorite but a real one) "I make more money on welfare" etc etc.
Section 8 housing, food stamps, a medical card, affirmative action programs etc, ALL programs are too easy for many to get AND stay on.
That creates lack of personal esteem, laziness, or initiative.
How long will the taxes of the 'earners' support the others? There IS a limit folks.
The Government has NO money other than what they can take from the 'earners' & that is limited.
This country is realisticaly bankrupt & getting by on a Ponzi Scheme formula. It's just a matter of time for the flushing sound if things do not change drastically & soon.
KyBoy

Independence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

pops wrote:
Why don't some of you people become 'aware'? Ron Paul wants minimum gov in our lives & maximum PERSONAL responsability. Which means a considerable amount of decriminalazation. NOT legalazation. There's a dif. I can't say that I agree in practice but I understand the train of thought, which won't work without a couple of generations of adjustments.I make far less money now than I did in 1998, but I am working & earning my own way.
I am more than tired with the placing of blame by so many for their short comings. Such as the ones that don't take a job (any job) because it doesn't pay enough, OR; I lost my job because someone else was the bosses favorite, or They treated me like crap & I wouldn't put up with it, OR (my least favorite but a real one) "I make more money on welfare" etc etc.
Section 8 housing, food stamps, a medical card, affirmative action programs etc, ALL programs are too easy for many to get AND stay on.
That creates lack of personal esteem, laziness, or initiative.
How long will the taxes of the 'earners' support the others? There IS a limit folks.
The Government has NO money other than what they can take from the 'earners' & that is limited.
This country is realisticaly bankrupt & getting by on a Ponzi Scheme formula. It's just a matter of time for the flushing sound if things do not change drastically & soon.
Pops, many people in KY feel the same way you do. Thats why Rand win the election by a big margin.
Southern Lady

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

There isn't a chance of have generations to learn to be self sufficient. The most any of them will have is 2 terms for president. And the prez can't do anything without congress and the senate agreeing with him. So you want to blame Obama for not curing the nation of all of it's ills? That won't work either. For everyone who seems to think he's done nothing, don't forget he got Bin Laden which Bush didn't. He continued bailing out businesses because Bush didn't admit until near the end how bad the economy was. He kept saying "the economy is good" as if by saying it he could make it actually be good. But it was a house of cards. There isn't a good answer. Not one that will satisfy everyone. But instead of the devisive politics if we actually tried to move to the middle ground maybe we could actually get things done.
Just Sayin

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

America is not the same wrote:
Southern Lady
Rand and Ron Paul wants to make ALL drugs legal.
They want a zombie nation. and kids getting hooked on dangerous drugs.
Both of them are nuts
That's a lie and people know better. What he says is drug laws should be left to the states. It's not just druggies that want Ron Paul.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/more-than-20...
CommonSense

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

Vote for Ron Paul 2012!
He is the only candidate that actually BELEIVES in the Constitution & The Bill of Rights!
CommonSense

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

Ron Paul has been winning the polls anyway...!
He litterally has the support of 70-80% of ALL MILITARY!!!

But the "gov't" and media have conspired against him, lying about Ron Paul winning the polls, and trying to smear his reputation through "gov't media" aka "mainstream media."

If EVERYONE in the coutry voted for Ron Paul- Somehow, Someway,- they would say he had like 3% or some bullshit.

I do beleive the American people have already lost the wheel...
pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Southern Lady wrote:
There isn't a chance of have generations to learn to be self sufficient. The most any of them will have is 2 terms for president. And the prez can't do anything without congress and the senate agreeing with him. So you want to blame Obama for not curing the nation of all of it's ills? That won't work either. For everyone who seems to think he's done nothing, don't forget he got Bin Laden which Bush didn't. He continued bailing out businesses because Bush didn't admit until near the end how bad the economy was. He kept saying "the economy is good" as if by saying it he could make it actually be good. But it was a house of cards. There isn't a good answer. Not one that will satisfy everyone. But instead of the devisive politics if we actually tried to move to the middle ground maybe we could actually get things done.
I agree a little bit of what you have said. The prez does get 8 yrs max, BUT we have congress & senate members with 20 & 30 yrs of tenure. Obama had a majority of dems in both houses for his 1st 2 yrs with a super majority in one & they still had trouble among themselves. Which they somehow still blamed on the repubs.
Yes, Obama 'got' Bin Laden but he did with Bush's plan & Seals that had trained for yrs & yrs. Such a highly honed force is NOT trained in a yr or even two. Although he campaigned on closing Gitmo, & leaving Iraq & Afghanastan in a year or so.
Obama campaigned on 'curing the ills' as you put it, in his 1st term & getting & keeping unemployment under 8% near immediately & a target of 6% with 'shovel ready jobs' with the stimulus, that with interest will be a trillion dollars.
He also campaigned on a balanced budget since Bush's debt was "unpatriotic" & he then aided creating the LARGEST yearly deficits EVER!!
Again I agree with you about it being a house of cards. Only now the house is taller & will fall farther if & when it falls.
He suggested & got the 2% tax reduction being FICA which will hasten the collapse of Social Security due to underfunding when Social Security was & is already on life support. The repubs wanted offsetting/compensating cuts in expenditures elseware which the dems contested. I guess we could call those results a compromise.
I won't discuss his promise of 'transparency' that NEVER happened or 'no new taxes for those making under $200,000' & then a tax was added to tanning beds & raised taxes on tobacco products.
Enough said.

“Liberals hate free speech!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

CommonSense wrote:
But the "gov't" and media have conspired against him, lying about Ron Paul winning the polls, and trying to smear his reputation through "gov't media" aka "mainstream media."
If EVERYONE in the coutry voted for Ron Paul- Somehow, Someway,- they would say he had like 3% or some bullshit.
NOT THIS ONE!! His foreign policy would be the suicide of a superpower!

NEWT 2012!!
pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

CommonSense wrote:
Vote for Ron Paul 2012!
He is the only candidate that actually BELEIVES in the Constitution & The Bill of Rights!
I don't BELIEVE that Ron Paul will make it but he clearly is the ONLY one that wants to lead with the Constitution & Bill of Rights which so many from both parties have folded, spindled & mutilated.
That's why he won't win but wouldn't he be great as head of the Federal Reserve or the Treasury? Or even the CIA or FBI? Then theres the Attorney General post.
pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

CommonSense wrote:
So true. But You omitted that the media simply ignores his poll rankings. He gets minimal to NO press exposure that he positively deserves.
drink the hive

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

Rand Paul Is A Weak & Soft Moron - His Father Instead Is The Other Side Of The Coin...

http://i.imgur.com/3VEHB.gif
pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

pops wrote:
<quoted text> So true. But You omitted that the media simply ignores his poll rankings. He gets minimal to NO press exposure that he positively deserves.
I find it quite interseting that someone(s) have judge this post as 'clueless, nut & disagree' when it is so true. I did NOT profess support or opposition to Ron Paul. Just stated provable facts along with a previous poster That RP gets NO deserved exposure. Like Seargent Joe Friday used to say; "just the facts..." Interesting that people can't agree to disagree, ESPECIALLY when this is NOT an opinion, but facts are FACTS & indisputable. Interesting
pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

Because of timing of the posts, I suggest that 'drink the hive' is a 'blinders on' small minded poster & a non-thinking sheeple.
I agree & admit that politians make many issues so complicated & mired in mystrey that only the truley inquiring mind that posesses the effort, common sense & intelligence to evaluate the manure that is thrown about in election years has any idea as to what is what.
pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

I almost forgot to mention that GWB has been quiet for 3 years AND did NOT blame Clinton for this or that that I remember, I don't remember Clinton blaming GHWB for for so many yrs, Reagan did NOT use Carter as an excuse for this & that either etc etc. They each pursued their agendas without blame. THIS administration & their minions still throws GWB's name out there 3 yrs later. In fact, BOTH Bushes, Reagan & Bill have pretty much kept their thoughts & mouths to themselves. What's with that when this admin & other dems easily pass blame to others today but NO credit to others? Please explain.
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Sparks, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Rand Paul = War Supporter

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Aqua Budda

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

pops wrote:
I almost forgot to mention that GWB has been quiet for 3 years AND did NOT blame Clinton for this or that that I remember, I don't remember Clinton blaming GHWB for for so many yrs, Reagan did NOT use Carter as an excuse for this & that either etc etc. They each pursued their agendas without blame. THIS administration & their minions still throws GWB's name out there 3 yrs later. In fact, BOTH Bushes, Reagan & Bill have pretty much kept their thoughts & mouths to themselves. What's with that when this admin & other dems easily pass blame to others today but NO credit to others? Please explain.
Clinton left Bush a trillion dollar surplus, little Georgie managed to spend all that money and borrow 3 trillion from China tgo leave a budget deficit. By the way Randy Paul is a one termer and no way will he ever be president.
no more tea

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

RAND PAUL IS GONNA RUN FOR PRESIDENT AND HE'S GONNA LOSE!!!!!!!!
Down w/ Brown

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Rand Paul... The fight for freedom.
Down w/ Brown

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Bend over for Monsanto, or fight for freedom.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Aqua Budda wrote:
<quoted text>Clinton left Bush a trillion dollar surplus, little Georgie managed to spend all that money and borrow 3 trillion from China tgo leave a budget deficit.
This country has NOT had a true, Webster's Dictionary definition of a 'surplus' since Andrew Jackson.
It's primarily the blame of the voters that keep asking for what we can not afford & voting for those that will deliver it.
The world still revolved & this country still grew before all of these programs. FACT
Churches, families & neighbors helped the less fortunate then.
Yes, some people slipped thru the cracks, and yes, they still do.
What's better now?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of40
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Highland Heights Discussions

Search the Highland Heights Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 20 min RayOne 138,708
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Mississippi Man 81,205
Cold Spring News 2 hr Proud citizen 17
Latest information on Our Schools 5 hr npt 10
Grinch show 7 hr parent 13
Cowardly POS Newport police officer shoots dog! 7 hr animal control 29
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 11 hr nope 920
•••
•••
•••
•••

Highland Heights Jobs

•••