Herm's Grocery & Meat Market on Laurel Street

Posted in the Highland Heights Forum

Just Visiting

Hamilton, OH

#1 Jan 14, 2012
When I walked in the place on Friday afternoon the owner was having a heated discussion with some young man that owed him money. I walked in and out. On Saturday I walked in and there was a blonde older woman standing to the left of the front counter with an open beer bottle. I smelled alcohol even before I saw the open container. I immediately got the idea that this place is a front for a gambling operation and who knows what else. There are no prices on anything including any signs with prices in what they call the meat department. This place resembles a fake store on an old TV show from the 70's. Not much inventory at all. I mean, who doesn't either put prices on a shelf tag or on the item? I just assumed the other side of the store was a bar due to the drinking but when I went outside I checked and there were no signs that stated it was a bar also. All I can say is WOW!!!! What is up with this place???
ItIsAllTrue

United States

#2 Jan 14, 2012
My advice would be to keep your nosy butt off Laurel Street
Just Visiting

Hamilton, OH

#3 Jan 14, 2012
Are you really from OK? If so my advice would be for you to stay out of my business. The store is a public place and if you are not from my area you have no right to comment.
ItIsAllTrue

United States

#4 Jan 16, 2012
I will comment on anything I feel like commenting on.
Just Visiting

Hamilton, OH

#5 Jan 16, 2012
Ok but if you have never been there. Why would you comment? I am just guessing that you are the owner incognito. If not, my bad however,then my husband suggests if you want to come to KY and get your a** beat to h*ll and back bring it on!
ButtNaked

Mason, OH

#6 Jan 16, 2012
Sounds like my kind of place. Will visit it soon with my boys.
ItIsAllTrue

United States

#7 Jan 17, 2012
Just Visiting wrote:
Ok but if you have never been there. Why would you comment? I am just guessing that you are the owner incognito. If not, my bad however,then my husband suggests if you want to come to KY and get your a** beat to h*ll and back bring it on!
I suggest you just keep your little nose at home, instead of going around and telling everybody else what they should do. Your hubby sounds as stupid as you are. I'm sorry for you both, hope you haven't bred yet.
hater

Chicago, IL

#8 Jan 17, 2012
It is the owners who is to blame. You should never give someone money how does not have money till their food stamps are renewed
Just Visiting

Hamilton, OH

#9 Jan 22, 2012
Hey, ItIsAllTrue in Oklahoma. YOU were the one that told me what to do in your FIRST post. So before you refer to someone as being stupid, you might want to check yourself first. I often find that the person that calls others names and tries to tell someone what to do is usually the ignorant party, like yourself!

I would also like to add that I spoke with a friend that recently moved to Ludlow but has lived in the general area all of his life. He told me the owner's have been in trouble for different things on and off for years. He is related to a police officer so he knows this is a fact.
ItIsAllTrue

Oklahoma City, OK

#10 Jan 23, 2012
sounds like you and your friends are all gossipy busy bodies. why don't you try a little mind-your-own-business.
So True

Hamilton, OH

#11 Jan 23, 2012
RE:sounds like you and your friends are all gossipy busy bodies. why don't you try a little mind-your-own-business.

Why don't you try commenting on posts in your OWN area.
WTF

Newark, OH

#12 Jan 24, 2012
Just Visiting wrote:
Hey, ItIsAllTrue in Oklahoma. YOU were the one that told me what to do in your FIRST post. So before you refer to someone as being stupid, you might want to check yourself first. I often find that the person that calls others names and tries to tell someone what to do is usually the ignorant party, like yourself!
I would also like to add that I spoke with a friend that recently moved to Ludlow but has lived in the general area all of his life. He told me the owner's have been in trouble for different things on and off for years. He is related to a police officer so he knows this is a fact.
Report them, and let it go. Don't go back there. Simple
Just Visiting

Hamilton, OH

#13 Jan 26, 2012
I'm not going to snitch on them. I just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts/comments on the place. You can bet I will NEVER go back there again.
piner10

Delaware, OH

#14 Feb 16, 2012
the place needs to go we don't need a hole in wall gambling beer joint. Makes you wonder how it has been opened all this time
who knows

Erlanger, KY

#15 Apr 6, 2012
People are so nosey, stay out of the store. Nosey Bitches Ludlow resident
Hey Who Knows

Erlanger, KY

#16 Apr 7, 2012
The store is a public place. You are the nosey bitch!!!!!
who knows

Erlanger, KY

#17 Sep 19, 2012
You are the one worried if they are gambling. By the way after this forum was created. The owner got raided and they found alittle card for a sportsgame like every bar, has. Alot of regular business have these bets on games, what's the big deal. I'll tell you the big deal nosey ass people sticking their noses in where they don't belong. If you are so worried about what is going on in the store you should stay out. It's bullshit and you are a nosey bitch with no life. And I'm not the owner just a Ludlow Residen who don't hang out there but will go in for thinkgs now and again. I feel like people just need to mind their business.
LUDLOW

Mason, OH

#18 Sep 21, 2012
YES IM FROM LUDLOW AND I KNOW OF THE PLACE YOU ALL ARE TALKING ABOUT! I GO IN THERE JUST ABOUT EVERY MONTH TO GET CHEESE AND MEAT, HE IS REALLY CHEEP AND ITS MUCH FASTER THAN GOING TO KROGER OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT, HE IS A SWEET OLD MAN AND WILL TRY TO HELP ANY HE CAN, IF YOU ALL DONT LIKE THE WAY THE PLACE IS WORKING THAN STAY THE HELL OUT OF LUDLOW,WE DONT NEED PEOPLE LIKE YOU IN LUDLOW,
Heddly

Latonia, KY

#19 May 9, 2013
Just Visiting wrote:
When I walked in the place on Friday afternoon the owner was having a heated discussion with some young man that owed him money. I walked in and out. On Saturday I walked in and there was a blonde older woman standing to the left of the front counter with an open beer bottle. I smelled alcohol even before I saw the open container. I immediately got the idea that this place is a front for a gambling operation and who knows what else. There are no prices on anything including any signs with prices in what they call the meat department. This place resembles a fake store on an old TV show from the 70's. Not much inventory at all. I mean, who doesn't either put prices on a shelf tag or on the item? I just assumed the other side of the store was a bar due to the drinking but when I went outside I checked and there were no signs that stated it was a bar also. All I can say is WOW!!!! What is up with this place???
==========
Herm's grocery has been a family owned store since the 1960's and is a neighborhood landmark. Local residents can always count on Herm's for a quick stop for the bare necessities. The neighbors gather in the back room to stay in touch with each other and watch sports on tv.
If I saw an older blonde with an open beer I certainly would not think she was a gambler. The Country Corner was the same as Herm's.Beer in the back and just enough on the shelves to survive. Do you think that Jake could sell a shelf full of any product, especially bread or eggs before he would have to throw it away. They are not movie props as you seem to think.
Ludlow is a small town with very few small stores that allow a connection for residents.
Welcome to "Mayberry, Ky."
herms grocery

Florence, KY

#20 May 9, 2013
Heddly wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Herm's grocery has been a family owned store since the 1960's and is a neighborhood landmark. Local residents can always count on Herm's for a quick stop for the bare necessities. The neighbors gather in the back room to stay in touch with each other and watch sports on tv.
If I saw an older blonde with an open beer I certainly would not think she was a gambler. The Country Corner was the same as Herm's.Beer in the back and just enough on the shelves to survive. Do you think that Jake could sell a shelf full of any product, especially bread or eggs before he would have to throw it away. They are not movie props as you seem to think.
Ludlow is a small town with very few small stores that allow a connection for residents.
Welcome to "Mayberry, Ky."
eh,, it's 2013, why revieve this dead thread? do you really think it helped there image? go to bed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Apartment discount 1 hr fat tats bald goatee 3
I'm so glad I'm white 4 hr real talk 1
judge Christopher Mehling 7 hr The Truth 4
club venus 13 hr damnitman 9
Looking for my half brothers & sisters or info ... (Apr '14) 14 hr cwashburn 6
Bunning picks Koenig among 3 GOPers (May '06) Mon lil late 3
Fort Mitchell Music Thread (Jun '12) Mon Musikologist 12

Highland Heights Jobs

Highland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Highland Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Highland Heights

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]