Joh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2007

I understand that paintings by Lela Cooney were sold in Villa Hills after her death in 1995. Can anyone put me in contact with the gallery or person who sold them?
Melody Adams

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2007

I can't answer your question, but I do have a painting by Lela Cooney that I am selling. If you're interested, please contact me at madams@prologis.com
Tina

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2007

I also have a painting by Lela Cooney entitled "The forest" If your interested. It was in the Frank Duveneck Center. 8596350534
edith ryan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2008

Joh wrote:
I understand that paintings by Lela Cooney were sold in Villa Hills after her death in 1995. Can anyone put me in contact with the gallery or person who sold them?
Lela Cooney was my great aunt. Her estate was handled by a Mr. Mandell of the Covington, Kentucky area. I do not recall his first name. I purchased several of her paintings before the sale and more of them at the sale. I also have all fo her sketch books and her scrapbooks.
If I can be of more help let me know.
Edith Ryan (ediry@aol.com until March 1 or epryan@maysvilleky.net after March 1)
Arthur Swirgon

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2008

I also have two of her great full of color paintings, smaller "abstract composition" and appx 2'x 3' "Abstract with Japanase ambrelas" both will be offer for sale soon on my web www.arthurswirgonltd.com
Adrienne Malis
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

I googled Lela Cooney and found this site. My mom bought a painting by Lela cooney in the 70's. When she died in 1991, I inherited the painting. It is very beautiful, but I'm wondering about it's value and don't know where to go. Do you know who would be able look at it ans assign some sort of number, or price, or value to it? I don't want to sell it, I just want to know.

Thank you,

Adrienne Malis
mika

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

edith ryan wrote:
<quoted text>
Lela Cooney was my great aunt. Her estate was handled by a Mr. Mandell of the Covington, Kentucky area. I do not recall his first name. I purchased several of her paintings before the sale and more of them at the sale. I also have all fo her sketch books and her scrapbooks.
If I can be of more help let me know.
Edith Ryan (ediry@aol.com until March 1 or epryan@maysvilleky.net after March 1)
If you want another of your great aunt's paintings, there is one listed on the site, Everything But The House. They are having an aution that will close on 3/20/10.
Kim Basile

North Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

I own one of Lela's art works..it is not a painting, it was 3 large post cards, 2 are mixed medai, the 3rd pen & ink....My grandmother, Florence Kays was one of hervery close art friends...She had put the 3 together in a nice frame, and it was inherited to me back in 1972, when my grandmother died. It is beautiful, but becoming a bit faded, especially the mixed media one...Lela and Florence were in art shows together..I believe with the Greater Cincinnati Art League...Both were so talented!!!

It is on my living room wall, here in Ft. Myers... I feel blessed!!
Sandra Kirst Koenig

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2011

Hi, I am going through some of my mother's albums...after 15 years. I ran across three original collages of Lela Cooney. Can anyone tell me a website I can go to, to find out more about her? Thanks.

Sandy
Sunnie Hallforth

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2011

My Grandmother, Margaret Hallforth, ran the Art House on Springfield Pike, in Springdale, Ohio. She was a close friend to Dick Miracle and Lela Cooney. We have a few of her paintings in our home and I am interested in seeing some of Ms. Cooney's other works. Please feel free to e-mail pictures, comments or for more information at shallforth@gmail.com. My Grandmother is now 85 years old and living with me full time. She would love to hear more stories about Lela. Thank you.
Ron

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2012

I bought a Lela Cooney painting (smaller) recently at Main Auction Gallery downtown on 4th street. It's a wonderful painting. I'd love to own more of her work.
Chip Grounds

Edgewater, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Sunnie Hallforth,
I was claeaning out my basement and found and old painting by your Grandmother Margaret Hallforth. I have no place for it. Do you want it?
I believe my parents bought it in the mid 60's. Its title is Attic Still Life.

Chip
Sunnie Hallforth wrote:
My Grandmother, Margaret Hallforth, ran the Art House on Springfield Pike, in Springdale, Ohio. She was a close friend to Dick Miracle and Lela Cooney. We have a few of her paintings in our home and I am interested in seeing some of Ms. Cooney's other works. Please feel free to e-mail pictures, comments or for more information at shallforth@gmail.com. My Grandmother is now 85 years old and living with me full time. She would love to hear more stories about Lela. Thank you.
Pam

Westport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Ron wrote:
I bought a Lela Cooney painting (smaller) recently at Main Auction Gallery downtown on 4th street. It's a wonderful painting. I'd love to own more of her work.
I have a Lela Cooney painting of Mount Adams. Oil on board. Purchased in Cincinnati. Am moving and must de-acquisition.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Highland Heights Discussions

Search the Highland Heights Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min DITCH MITCH 147,177
Do Newport Schools need an Assistant Superinten... 18 min 160boom 7
Samantha Ramsey, 19, Shot Dead by Kentucky Deputy 52 min Charles Moakler 46
Bright day child care center. 4 hr no more on the low 6
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 5 hr freak 81,565
Who is your favorite streetwalker? (Dec '12) 6 hr I know you big pimp 8
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 14 hr Flint hill bandit 16,132
•••
•••
•••
•••

Highland Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Highland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••