Cold Spring -Cavanaugh not living up to her campaign promises

Posted in the Highland Heights Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Marley

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Mar 6, 2013
She don't have a clue of what's going on in the city. Just a trouble maker who has major HATE issues.
Resident

Latonia, KY

#3 Mar 6, 2013
Actually what where her campaign promises? Were there any?
Joan

Newark, OH

#4 Mar 8, 2013
She was going to be the voice for the residence. I haven't seen her utter a word on insight.
Teacher

Independence, KY

#5 Mar 9, 2013
Research shows people that gossip have very high levels of anxiety. They generally are not very popular because they cannot be trusted. Spreading private information or negative judgements is painful to others and reflects poorly on the gossiper.
Why do people gossip?
To feel superior. People who donít feel good about themselves temporarily feel better when they judge others negatively.
Out of boredom: When people canít generate interesting discussions based on knowledge or ideas, gossip can rouse peoples interest.
Out of Env: People gossip in order to hurt those whose popularity, talents, or lifestyle they envy
To feel like part of the group: People gossip to feel as though they belong to the group. Yet, when acceptance is based on being ďin on a secret,Ē it is not based on a personís identity, but on exclusion or maliciousness
For attention: A person gets to be the center of attention temporarily while divulging a piece of gossip. Yet, spreading gossip or rumors is like buying attention; itís temporary and has little foundation.
Out of anger or unhappiness: A person can derive a sense of retribution with disparaging remarks.
The key is to look at oneís intent in discussing other people and relationships. Is the intent to temporarily feel superior or get attention by disparaging others?
Gossiping shows others the gossiperís insecurity and meanspiritedness. It also leaves everyone involved feeling as though theyíve just eaten a bad apple. Ultimately, insight into the intricacies of human relations and behavior is more interesting, uplifting, and enlightening than one-dimensional judgments and rumors.
the person who gossips is someone who carries some resentment towards you and who doesnít have the courage to face you directly and so he found no other option other than talking about you in your absence.

People will gossip about you if they are jealous of you, if they arenít strong enough to face you with their concerns or if they feel worthless. Those people try to make themselves more worthy by saying that they are better than someone else.
people who gossip about you are really suffering from serious issues and that there is no other explanation for gossiping other than an emotional imbalance that is affecting the gossiper's behavior.
Gossipers always leave out part of the story, and dont tell the whole truth. They take things out of context just to fulfill their desire to make the other person look bad. Deliberately not telling the whole truth is lying, and when gossipers "lie" to their friends its showing disrespect because they are deceiving them into believing something negative about someone else. Who else to gossipers have to listen and believe them besides their friends or places like this. And people who deliberately lie just to make someone look bad for their own personal instant gratification....those are the people that you really need to look out for. Isnt it taught in kindergarten, "to do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Isnt that one of the basic principles of life...and isnt there always 2 sides to every story?, because Im sure we all can relate that to our personal lives at one time or another. Gossipers are always the ones that cry the loudest when the shoes on the other foot because they cant eat it and have a hard time swallowing whats served back at them. The next time someone gossips to you, look them in the eye, the window to the soul, and wonder why they are doing it, and what their personal vendetta is....and then pray for them
Resident

Independence, KY

#6 Mar 9, 2013
Marley wrote:
She don't have a clue of what's going on in the city. Just a trouble maker who has major HATE issues.
I find Lisa Cavanaugh to be quite the opposite. I think she has very good insight of the city and the residents. Of course shes new and she has a lot to learn, but she was also a city volunteer for 15 years, and I think she does have more than a clue whats going on.
She has helped me and answered questions for me many times over the last few years, and if she doesnt have the answer, she will admit it, and get an answer for you.
If you want to see a trouble maker who has major HATE issues...look in the mirror! because why else would you post something like that. Sounds like someone who is envious of her
Resident

Independence, KY

#7 Mar 9, 2013
Resident wrote:
There was another thread about her run-in during her time on the park board. She beat someone up or something. Can't believe people would vote for someone like that.
Thats is absolutely an inaccurate statement! Do you think its fair to judge someone based on hearsay without having all the facts and not knowing the whole story, and then repeat it,(post it) trying to get other people to believe it? I have a feeling if someone did the same thing to you, you wouldn't much appreciate it either, now would you?
What if someone did the same thing you are, but to a family member of yours? I bet you would be mad as hell and condemning that person for "gossiping" What if the hurtful things you were saying about someone else affected their children? Do you think thats morally right? How would it make your children feel to hear things that were not true about you? Is that the kind of person you really want to be? If so, how sad & miserable it must be, to be you?
So I think you should have the, facts just facts, and all of them before you pass judgement and spread gossip about someone else that you don't even know. I almost feel sorry for you
Resident2

Latonia, KY

#8 Mar 9, 2013
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats is absolutely an inaccurate statement! Do you think its fair to judge someone based on hearsay without having all the facts and not knowing the whole story, and then repeat it,(post it) trying to get other people to believe it? I have a feeling if someone did the same thing to you, you wouldn't much appreciate it either, now would you?
What if someone did the same thing you are, but to a family member of yours? I bet you would be mad as hell and condemning that person for "gossiping" What if the hurtful things you were saying about someone else affected their children? Do you think thats morally right? How would it make your children feel to hear things that were not true about you? Is that the kind of person you really want to be? If so, how sad & miserable it must be, to be you?
So I think you should have the, facts just facts, and all of them before you pass judgement and spread gossip about someone else that you don't even know. I almost feel sorry for you
So she didn't have a run in with someone at the park while on the board? The police report that was handed out at Meijer was false?
Resident

Independence, KY

#9 Mar 9, 2013
Resident2 wrote:
<quoted text>
So she didn't have a run in with someone at the park while on the board? The police report that was handed out at Meijer was false?
I don't know anything about what was handed out at Meijer. What was it and where did it come from?
abby

Cincinnati, OH

#10 Mar 10, 2013
I heard something about this before the election, but after I got to talk to her and based on the issues she ran on, and my overall impression of her, I voted for her anyhow. If there was really something to all this, I'm sure the police and the city would have done something before the election.... and who really cares anyhow?,
Joan

Newark, OH

#11 Mar 10, 2013
She was suspended from park board and then dismissed in July.
Resident

Independence, KY

#12 Mar 10, 2013
so whats your point???....
Resident

Independence, KY

#14 Mar 12, 2013
Assualting a defenseless person?!? If that's what you think really happened, then you are clueless in Cold Spring! You obviously do not have all the facts, just the facts. So by saying Cavanaugh is wrong, you're saying the other person is right, and that you approve of that person, and their actions. Do you really know that other person? Do you really know exactly what happened? Maybe thats why you skipped over that part in the other discussion you started, and didnt want to mention her name, because she's the "innocent" one right? I sure hope you know what you're standing for when all this finally comes out and everyone involved is exposed.
Ask yourself honestly, if you could put your hand on a bible and swear your telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God.

You doing this because of your own personal reasons, and you're just trying to provoke someone in an attempt to get them to do something so you can cry and point the finger at them because you want to give them a bad image. I think your envious of Councilwoman Cavanaugh because she accomplished something you were not able to do.

It nice to know though which side of the fence your on concerning issues like these in our community involving our children. And I hope you're ready to stand behind them and defend yourself when whole story finally comes out and you are exposed. Sure hope you dont have any kind of involvement or influence with children, because what would people think, and what kind of image will it give you???
Nick

Newport, KY

#15 Mar 12, 2013
Joan wrote:
She was going to be the voice for the residence. I haven't seen her utter a word on insight.
Shes new give her time, but when she does, are you going to be able to handle what she says?????
JulieM

Cincinnati, OH

#16 Mar 13, 2013
Tick,tick,tick,tick,tick,tick. ...just a matter of time before the, Facts just Facts, are exposed for what they really are....tick,tick,tick,tick,tic k
Jumping Beans

Newark, OH

#17 Mar 13, 2013
assault=evil
Alex

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Mar 13, 2013
What was handed out at meijers and where did these people get this information from and how can I get a copy?
Doris

Cincinnati, OH

#19 Mar 13, 2013
Public record @ Cold Spring PD from March 2012.
Alex

Cincinnati, OH

#20 Mar 13, 2013
Is that what you did just went there? What did you do just tell them you want it or did you have to look it up? Does it cost anything? Sorry for all the questions but I never got information like that before and not familiar with it, but I sure would like to get a copy of it though.
BeKind

Hamilton, OH

#21 Mar 14, 2013
Wow, all I can say is people should spend more time and energy doing good than spreading hatefulness. If you need to gossip try spreading God's word or some positive gossip rather than this poison.

Life is short, what does this say about how you are choosing to spend your time.
Zzzzzzz

Newark, OH

#22 Mar 14, 2013
This councilwoman is boring.......you can really tell when she doesn't even use her real name to post on this thread about her. The councilwoman must have something to hide. When you hold a public office you should expect your skeletons to surface. Grow up and admit your wrong doing and I'm sure it will make you look better in the publics eyes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greenfield Apartments 2 hr Ky1girl 2
little man 6 hr Little Man 15
cramming in the inmates (Apr '08) 8 hr mud slinger 55
Tried too hard 9 hr Ghost Era 2
'Screw' Andrews part of Newport's mob scene (Oct '08) 9 hr Ghost Era 297
community car care 9 hr Ghost Era 2
Crackheads in Bellevue 20 hr Just say no 1
More from around the web

Highland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games
ESPN10:58 AM
Colts won't commit to RB Richardson for 2015
Yahoo! Sports11:49 AM
League conducts nearly 40 interviews into 'deflate-gate'
Yahoo! Sports11:50 AM
NFL: No decision yet on deflated balls
NBC Sports12:54 PM
Grigson goes silent on NFL investigation into Patriots