Viewfinder

Independence, KY

#21 Mar 9, 2013
Now that Dayton's mess is public will the focus shift to Newport?
probably not

Newark, OH

#22 Mar 9, 2013
Viewfinder wrote:
Now that Dayton's mess is public will the focus shift to Newport?
Probably not. Even though the Superintendent working in Dayton is the husband of Newport's interim Super last year and a long time district employee who retired last year. I would hope someone is looking into something. At least in Dayton the super that is named in the auditor's investigation has retired. Newport has an active Super who was hired while the auditor was investigating his district and who was named in the auditor's report and from what I understand that investigation is not over...but it sure seems like it is.
Greene

Hamilton, OH

#23 Mar 9, 2013
Did you know Newport, Dayton, and Mason Co all had the same auditors?
Monday

Newark, OH

#24 Mar 9, 2013
OEA coming to Newport Monday hopefully someone shines a light on the B.S. going on!
nhs 92

Independence, KY

#25 Mar 12, 2013
Monday wrote:
OEA coming to Newport Monday hopefully someone shines a light on the B.S. going on!
And did they?
Kidney

United States

#26 Mar 12, 2013
nhs 92 wrote:
<quoted text>
And did they?

Wrong audit.- someone just trying to cause trouble. Standard Advance Ed audit for schools receiving school improvement grant.
Newport received good financial audit.
OEA- checking on board elections not in district yet.
Just getting tired of lies and half truths
GGP

Independence, KY

#27 Mar 12, 2013
Kidney wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong audit.- someone just trying to cause trouble. Standard Advance Ed audit for schools receiving school improvement grant.
What did the state say about the improvement at high school? Was there any?
hold your horses

Independence, KY

#28 Mar 13, 2013
Kidney wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong audit.- someone just trying to cause trouble. Standard Advance Ed audit for schools receiving school improvement grant.
Wait a second - how would YOU know why OEA would be in district? That is supposed to be confidential.
state

Newark, OH

#29 Mar 13, 2013
Monday wrote:
My high school student said on Monday that there were people from the state in some of their classes, walking around the school and interviewing students. My student said they had hoped they would be asked for an interview, due to the fact that the class the auditor was in usually consists of a movie (seriously we are told about them every night at dinner) and on this day along with the movie they were given a piece of paper to write something about the movie. Student said this was the first time all year they were asked to write anything about the movie.
Small fry

Independence, KY

#30 Mar 13, 2013
state wrote:
<quoted text>My high school student said on Monday that there were people from the state in some of their classes, walking around the school and interviewing students. My student said they had hoped they would be asked for an interview, due to the fact that the class the auditor was in usually consists of a movie (seriously we are told about them every night at dinner) and on this day along with the movie they were given a piece of paper to write something about the movie. Student said this was the first time all year they were asked to write anything about the movie.
Sounds like nothing much has changed. Wouldn't be surprised if state stays in control.
Bedazzler

Independence, KY

#31 Mar 14, 2013
Small fry wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like nothing much has changed. Wouldn't be surprised if state stays in control.
Maybe Middleton dazzled them. Doubt it. But he is like a used car salesman.
Kidney

United States

#32 Mar 14, 2013
I hear things are much better since Mr. Middleton. The district seems to be leading the high school more than the state anyway. It is a shame so many people want to be negative but most people know the few people who write on here are negative anyway. Including myself
Stomach

Lexington, KY

#33 Mar 14, 2013
Kidney wrote:
I hear things are much better since Mr. Middleton. The district seems to be leading the high school more than the state anyway. It is a shame so many people want to be negative but most people know the few people who write on here are negative anyway. Including myself
The proof will be shown soon. Middleton cannot expect flashy hopes and dreams to work. The old group tried that. Plus the board was fooled before. So you cant trust their opinions.
Its Whatever

Cincinnati, OH

#34 Mar 14, 2013
Kidney wrote:
I hope that your comment is sincere. Mr. Middleton has only been the Superintendent since July, Brandt left everything a mess. Tete Turner, although some claim him to be a penny pincher and tight on the wallet, I doubt that Newport will have the same financial issues as Dayton and Mason Co. Middleton has been more public in his tenure then Michael Brandt or Pam Rye, and has demanded the school administrators to support their school and students.
flo k80

United States

#35 Mar 14, 2013
Its Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>I hope that your comment is sincere. Mr. Middleton has only been the Superintendent since July, Brandt left everything a mess. Tete Turner, although some claim him to be a penny pincher and tight on the wallet, I doubt that Newport will have the same financial issues as Dayton and Mason Co. Middleton has been more public in his tenure then Michael Brandt or Pam Rye, and has demanded the school administrators to support their school and students.
BS he has been on the payroll longer than that and had his finger in the business of the district for about a year don't give me that he's only been here for a few months crap
HFCS

Independence, KY

#36 Mar 16, 2013
flo k80 wrote:
<quoted text>
BS he has been on the payroll longer than that and had his finger in the business of the district for about a year don't give me that he's only been here for a few months crap
I hear his evaluation is coming up - lets see who on the board has their lips superglued to his rear and who doesn't.
Kidney

United States

#37 Mar 16, 2013
HFCS wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear his evaluation is coming up - lets see who on the board has their lips superglued to his rear and who doesn't.
Since Superintendent is under contract for four years and he is probably retiring anyway so what?
Just 3 years left anyway. I would have to say a lot of good things going on. I appreciate students eating free, focus on kids , etc. I like the fact he attends a lot of school events. I will be interested to see if test scores improve next year. Keep up good work!
Andrea

United States

#38 Mar 16, 2013
Kidney wrote:
<quoted text>
Since Superintendent is under contract for four years and he is probably retiring anyway so what?
Just 3 years left anyway. I would have to say a lot of good things going on. I appreciate students eating free, focus on kids , etc. I like the fact he attends a lot of school events. I will be interested to see if test scores improve next year. Keep up good work!

I like the fact Newport is bringing back drama and musicals I appreciate the fact he has bought a house in Newport. Brandt would not move here.
focker

Independence, KY

#39 Mar 16, 2013
Andrea wrote:
<quoted text>I like the fact Newport is bringing back drama and musicals I appreciate the fact he has bought a house in Newport. Brandt would not move here.
Really? Where does he live now?
customer service

United States

#40 Mar 16, 2013
I think it stinks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Alexandria, KY (Aug '10) Thu good ol no name 20
News 'Screw' Andrews part of Newport's mob scene (Oct '08) Wed Titus andrews 307
Greg Embs (Jan '13) Jul 1 lindsey 9
Newport Cops Jul 1 Central 9
Latonia Lakes Music Thread Jun 30 Musikologist 1
Jenny Sue Iles murder (Feb '10) Jun 29 Mememe 183
Does anyone know Charla Green, aka Charla Gooch (Dec '08) Jun 29 Athenesword 2
More from around the web

Highland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Highland Heights Mortgages