Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,731)

Showing posts 74,601 - 74,620 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Not fun

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88556
Apr 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Kill the bids
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88557
Apr 14, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

BIG_STEVIE wrote:
*****ALERT*****
*****BIG STEVIE DISCLAIMER*****
Big Stevie would like to apologize for the lightweight joke, this morning. He felt that, since it was Sunday, and all, he should try not to post something with any sexual innuendo, WTF content, or any other general garbage like that. As you all well know, Big Stevie cares! He loves everyone (almost), and we don't know why, but he just does that shit! Thank you!!! Big Stevie hopes that everyone has a wonderful day, and we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming!
Oh! Yes! Big Stevie almost forgot! Here's the aforementioned joke:
A woman decided to have her portrait painted. She told the artist, "Paint me with diamond rings, a diamond necklace, emerald bracelets, a ruby broach, and gold Rolex."
"But you are not wearing any of those things," he replied.
"I know," she said. "It's in case I should die before my husband. I'm sure he will remarry right away, and I want his new wife to go crazy looking for the jewelry!"
Lol. Love it ! That sounds like something I'd do!!!
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88558
Apr 14, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Roaming, I'm thankful your mothers home now!!!

Good morning everyone!'Tis a beautiful Sunday !
Enjoy this wonderful day!
! "This is the day that The Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it...."

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88559
Apr 14, 2013
 
qwerty wrote:
No matter what is going on in your life, most of you should be able to find some spam to be joyful about. Look to your siblings and neighbors for support; even if you think your spam is terrible, they are likely to have it worse! Honestly, with so much spam going on, your biggest problem is trying to decide what spam you want to take.
Wisdom speaks.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88560
Apr 14, 2013
 
BIG_STEVIE wrote:
*****ALERT*****
*****BIG STEVIE DISCLAIMER*****
Big Stevie would like to apologize for the lightweight joke, this morning. He felt that, since it was Sunday, and all, he should try not to post something with any sexual innuendo, WTF content, or any other general garbage like that. As you all well know, Big Stevie cares! He loves everyone (almost), and we don't know why, but he just does that shit! Thank you!!! Big Stevie hopes that everyone has a wonderful day, and we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming!
Oh! Yes! Big Stevie almost forgot! Here's the aforementioned joke:
A woman decided to have her portrait painted. She told the artist, "Paint me with diamond rings, a diamond necklace, emerald bracelets, a ruby broach, and gold Rolex."
"But you are not wearing any of those things," he replied.
"I know," she said. "It's in case I should die before my husband. I'm sure he will remarry right away, and I want his new wife to go crazy looking for the jewelry!"
Thank-you again for your clean, light-hearted jokes. We need some levity in all our lives; it's a remarkable coping mechanism.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88561
Apr 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Good afternoon, my fellow feathered friends. Warmer temperatures bode well. Hope all have a glorious day. AW, keep watching those chickens.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88563
Apr 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Oglala wrote:
Good afternoon, my fellow feathered friends. Warmer temperatures bode well. Hope all have a glorious day. AW, keep watching those chickens.
New pullets typically lay their first egg to be rather small. But after working on an egg farm many years ago with about 1000 laying hens and now with my own flock, I have never seen such a small egg as the one I got yesterday. It is not much bigger than a marble. It might make an omelet for Tom Thumb. LOL
Buffet

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88564
Apr 14, 2013
 
I hope by the time I go to a Cincinnati Reds game this summer that I can find a concession stand that serves spam. If not, then I will make that recommendation to them.
Anne

Mitchell, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88567
Apr 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

AW, we pulled the little shed we plan to use for our little flock of chickens closer to the house. Hopefully we can get it "chicken ready" by the first of May!!
Our family used to raise broilers many years ago. We kept them 4-5 weeks then they were gone. The layers were a select few that escaped the mass send off...

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88569
Apr 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Well, another lovely day here.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88570
Apr 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Good morning, my fine feathered friends. Arthur stayed all night and brought along his side-kick, Insomnia. They kept me awake all night, even though I tried my best to bow out from their partying.
Weather is still supposed to be beautiful for today, but showers are creeping in for tomorrow, although the temperature will remain high. That spells humidity to me, and I will look forward to the mild temperatures at week's end. Have a good day. Lala

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88571
Apr 15, 2013
 
Anne wrote:
AW, we pulled the little shed we plan to use for our little flock of chickens closer to the house. Hopefully we can get it "chicken ready" by the first of May!!
Our family used to raise broilers many years ago. We kept them 4-5 weeks then they were gone. The layers were a select few that escaped the mass send off...
Well, that wouldn't do for me. I made pets out of my small flock many moons ago. Frisky, the eldest, passed away when she was 17 years old....from natural causes, I might add.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88572
Apr 15, 2013
 
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
New pullets typically lay their first egg to be rather small. But after working on an egg farm many years ago with about 1000 laying hens and now with my own flock, I have never seen such a small egg as the one I got yesterday. It is not much bigger than a marble. It might make an omelet for Tom Thumb. LOL
As sure as summer follows a truncated spring, that little hen will lay double yokers, I suspect. You will be feeding them well. She has yet begun her career laying eggs...at least she's not on stage.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88573
Apr 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Well good morning!! There's not a lot going on, but it's going to be another beautiful day! The birds will be happy now that I have put out more seeds!

Since: Jul 12

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88574
Apr 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Love it ! That sounds like something I'd do!!!
Thank you, Anne! I'm truly gratified that you enjoyed that one! Have a great day, my friend!

Since: Jul 12

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88575
Apr 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank-you again for your clean, light-hearted jokes. We need some levity in all our lives; it's a remarkable coping mechanism.
Thank you, Oglala! I do try to keep 'em clean, though sometimes I'll throw one in that's a bit borderline. I'm so happy that you enjoyed it, and I hope that you have an absolutely wonderful day, my friend!!!

Since: Jul 12

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88576
Apr 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

During the initial space flights, NASA discovered that ink pens didnít work under zero gravity conditions. To beat the problem, they spent 6 years, and $2 million, in designing a pen for use in space. The pen would work under zero gravity conditions, due to the pressurized ink inside, it would work under sub zero conditions, underwater, on glass and virtually any surface known to man, and only cost somewhere in the neighborhood of thousands of dollars each.

The Russians? Why, hell, they used a pencil!
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88577
Apr 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BIG_STEVIE wrote:
During the initial space flights, NASA discovered that ink pens didnít work under zero gravity conditions. To beat the problem, they spent 6 years, and $2 million, in designing a pen for use in space. The pen would work under zero gravity conditions, due to the pressurized ink inside, it would work under sub zero conditions, underwater, on glass and virtually any surface known to man, and only cost somewhere in the neighborhood of thousands of dollars each.
The Russians? Why, hell, they used a pencil!
Now THAT just goes to show enterprise!!! Loved it!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88578
Apr 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Two explosions just rocked downtown Boston during the marathon. Many injuries reported and no word yet who or why this happened. No deaths reported yet, but the injuries are severe. Half a million people were there for the marathon, runners and spectators alike.

I need prayers NOW, PLEASE RIGHT NOW! My baby sister is in Boston today and I can't reach her! Her phone keeps going straight to voice mail.

Please, dear bird thread friends, help me in praying that she's okay. I'm sick to my stomach with worry!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88579
Apr 15, 2013
 
@ Nope, I wish your sister well. OMG, two little children got caught in these explosions. Many thoughts and Blessings going out to these people. You hang in there gal and take of that heart.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 74,601 - 74,620 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Highland Heights Discussions

Search the Highland Heights Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr LMS 144,927
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr LMS 26,173
Feds indict eight in Kentucky motorcycle chop s... (Aug '11) 4 hr not gonna be 107
Samantha Mayse (Nov '11) 16 hr kyle 12
james anthony barnett 16 hr wanna know 5
i need to confuse the people 19 hr Holy Snikes 3
Jennie Stuart Medical Center celebrates 100 years 21 hr Temp service 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Highland Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Highland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Highland Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Highland Heights
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••