Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,704

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#82352 Jan 16, 2013
Good morning all.. Well let's hope we all woke to a morning.. Health really is for the birds these days... I cant afford coverage, but I cant afford to die either, durned if ya do durned if ya dont.. Oh what a wonderful world...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82353 Jan 16, 2013
unspoken heart wrote:
Good morning all.. Well let's hope we all woke to a morning.. Health really is for the birds these days... I cant afford coverage, but I cant afford to die either, durned if ya do durned if ya dont.. Oh what a wonderful world...
Good Morning, my dad always said that to his knowledge they had never left anyone above ground. Rolled up in a blanket and thrown in a hole doesn't cost all that much LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82354 Jan 16, 2013
Well UNA.. telebank says I have some money so I am going to brave trying to go my 12 miles into down. I do have much ice on the trees, but my little road looks clear. When you come online, you may take my place in the queue to spread "GOOD CHEER".

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#82355 Jan 16, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning, my dad always said that to his knowledge they had never left anyone above ground. Rolled up in a blanket and thrown in a hole doesn't cost all that much LOL
lol, ya know I got a outside stove, maybe I could just get my kids, to shove me in there. No cost and hey I will at least do one more thing , even in my death for my family,, heat the house...lol

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#82356 Jan 16, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I don't fall asleep that much and maybe the getting out and getting exercise helps with that. I don't know that I wake myself up, maybe I do. I think I have just gotten into a routine of being awake for about 3 hours and then sleeping for 1 or 2.
I think the lack of schedules has caused that more than anything. Except for Sundays or doctor appointments, I don't have to watch the clock any more and to some degree that is not good, but not bad either. LOL
That sleeping on and off is my situation. Sometimes I wake up at 3 A.M. and decide to scrub the kitchen floor or do something else that doesn't make too much noise and awaken the others. I have been doing that for years, even when I worked. I used to consult at 4 or 5 places during the course of the day, so I would take a power nap in my car in a secluded part of the parking lot prior to my next facility's stop. Well, one day I was roused by a knocking on the car window, only to open my eyes to a half dozen nurses hell bent on rescuing me. I think at first they thought I was dead. Well, that ended the power naps in the car until word got around that I was eccentric and not to worry. LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#82357 Jan 16, 2013
Good morning, I bet AW is already at the Dollar Store. Lol. I've been awake off and on since 4:30. My APAP mask got twisted and sounded like it was farting in my face. LOL. A sugar low kicked my butt at 6:30. Whoo Wee, I usually have to go back to sleep for a couple of hours to recoupe from one of those. Oh well at least the back porch wasn't frozen over. I had to open the gate at the bottom of the steps this morning for kitty tom. He usually jumps the gate and jumps on the porch rail for his petting. I think he jumped it when the porch was iced over and busted his butt. He hasn't tried it for the last two days. Lol.

Location hidden

#82358 Jan 16, 2013
unspoken heart wrote:
It's much more expensive to stay alive. I was thankful that I had insurance to help pay medical expenses the past year. Otherwise, I would have found myself in debt for the rest of my days. The most expensive thing was necessary medication.

Location hidden

#82359 Jan 16, 2013
unspoken heart wrote:
<quoted text>lol, ya know I got a outside stove, maybe I could just get my kids, to shove me in there. No cost and hey I will at least do one more thing , even in my death for my family,, heat the house...lol
I don't think that's legal. lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#82360 Jan 16, 2013
Good morning lala, Teddy, and AW (when he gets back from town lol). Just a bit frigid out there again today. Ran to the hillside to throw bread, muffins, and crumbled stale crackers and it was crunch, crunch on the grass. Poor birds were on it before I got back to the porch. Glad I still had the coffee pot on. I didn't know if I should drink it or pour it on me I was so chilled to the bone. Again, another day I do not have to go anywhere and probably won't. I hope you all are staying warm and don't have to go out either. :)

Location hidden

#82361 Jan 16, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Good morning, I bet AW is already at the Dollar Store. Lol. I've been awake off and on since 4:30. My APAP mask got twisted and sounded like it was farting in my face. LOL. A sugar low kicked my butt at 6:30. Whoo Wee, I usually have to go back to sleep for a couple of hours to recoupe from one of those. Oh well at least the back porch wasn't frozen over. I had to open the gate at the bottom of the steps this morning for kitty tom. He usually jumps the gate and jumps on the porch rail for his petting. I think he jumped it when the porch was iced over and busted his butt. He hasn't tried it for the last two days. Lol.
I've been up since 5:00 this morning. Got about 2 hours sleep, so now I'll do a few more chores and take a short nap. The cats in the house wait for the little guy to go to school, then they all jump on his bed to sleep. Hate to disturb them. They'll all scurry away when I start cleaning in that room. Then I'll get to fix the bed. Be back later.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#82363 Jan 16, 2013
FYI

Obama's announcement at 11:45 am ET.

WASHINGTON (AP) President Barack Obama's broad effort to reduce gun violence will include proposed bans on military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines as well as more than a dozen executive orders aimed at circumventing congressional opposition to stricter gun control.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#82364 Jan 16, 2013
For lala, this is absolutely adorable. I would love to have that cat. Use to have a solid white one. Snowball..lol The second video with the door is cute too, but the featured one is the best.

Introducing the Smartest Cat Alive

Kido's first shell game is proof that animals are geniuses too. And he's even captured that cool swagger of magicians, not even impressed with his own brillance.

http://news.yahoo.com/introducing-smartest-ca...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82367 Jan 16, 2013
Even though my trees were iced, the roads were clear and I got my bills either dropped off or mailed and got survival groceries at the Dollar Store and Sav-a-Lot and now I am broke again and it only took 2 hours to get rid of my dole.

Life is good though and I can take a shower without the water or electric being turned off and all I will need to do is hope the power stays on, other wise I will have to do like the old days and get water from the creek (after breaking any ice) and heat it on the wood burning stove and get the shivering rag wipe. LOL

Una, I did save back some quarters that the dog can drop into the Sunday School offering to help defer the cost of the crayons he will eat. hehehe
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#82369 Jan 16, 2013
Don`t know your country too well,but have you heard that one of the electric companies in Western Ky has filed for almost 20% INCREASE in rates?
W KY Girl

Cambridge, WI

#82370 Jan 16, 2013
Watching the VP flap his jowels about gun control now the President. If the powers that be don't want civilians to have assault weapons or high capacity mags fine, but why is it that ALL law enforcement agencies are armed to the teeth with all the weapons that they don't want us to have? The second ammendment was set in place so we could protect ourselves from the government (including law enforcement). How could we do that if we are far out-gunned??? I was just reading about Ruby Ridge this morning. They have proved several times that they can't be trusted!
W KY Girl

Cambridge, WI

#82371 Jan 16, 2013
...23 Executive Actions today!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#82372 Jan 16, 2013
Well, a good portion of my gun stash is probably in dire jeopardy. I just watched the Prez on t.v. Anything holding 10 or more rounds is set to possibly be banned.

These handguns are NOT assault weapons, for God sakes. Obviously, our Prez isn't familiar with handguns.... It appears to me that he's going by what he's being told by members of congress and the rest of the dregs who want to see us ALL disarmed.

I just tried to purchase another handgun yesterday. Get this folks: I was flagged! ME? Flagged? Yep, me.....

So, could it be that I already have too many guns for their liking? Is there a limit now on how many a person can own and we've not been told that if you cross that limit, you can be flagged? Does the FBI have a list of how many you own and if you get above that limit, are you put on a watch list? If that's the case, I'm on it.... I may not be able to purchase this new handgun after all is said and done. There is a thread somewhere else on here with someone saying they got flagged last week who sounds like they're facing the same thing I did yesterday.

Geez.. What the hell?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82373 Jan 16, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Even though my trees were iced, the roads were clear and I got my bills either dropped off or mailed and got survival groceries at the Dollar Store and Sav-a-Lot and now I am broke again and it only took 2 hours to get rid of my dole.
Life is good though and I can take a shower without the water or electric being turned off and all I will need to do is hope the power stays on, other wise I will have to do like the old days and get water from the creek (after breaking any ice) and heat it on the wood burning stove and get the shivering rag wipe. LOL
Una, I did save back some quarters that the dog can drop into the Sunday School offering to help defer the cost of the crayons he will eat. hehehe
That's good AW, now the preacher can't complain about dog eating a few crayons. Fussy, fussy, just can't do anything to suit some preachers anymore. Lol. A lady told our new pastor a couple of Sundays ago, to preach a successful sermon he needed a good beginning and a good ending and keep them close together.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82374 Jan 16, 2013
Geez.. What the hell?

Not magazine capacity. Mental capacity.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#82375 Jan 16, 2013
Oh it's been a long day and it ain't even half over yet!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Food in Newport (Feb '09) 15 min Born 106
Jonathan lowe murdered (May '12) 16 min Cardinal 6
Best day of the week? 32 min Camel 8
Katherine Bose 33 min Hum 11
Why is a tomato considered a fruit? 34 min Hum 1
Do people honestly believe they have lots of fr... 36 min Yummy 5
Elvis 37 min Funny 2

Highland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Highland Heights News, Events & Info